Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #1
SwanMomma
Registered Users

My Mood:
Motherease OS Organic or Imse Vimse Terry Contours?

Besides the Mother-ease having snaps, these two look to be similar. They are both cotton terry, organic, and OS. Anyone have experience with both and prefer one over the other? Is the fit and absorbency similar?

I'm not having any luck stalking FSOT for OS fitteds. I PM, get excited with anticipation, only to find out the diapers have already sold. These two diapers look to be in my price range new. What do you think?

Advertisement

SwanMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:03 PM   #2
umajo
Registered Users
seller

Re: Motherease OS Organic or Imse Vimse Terry Contours?

I have the MEOS in bamboo and stay dry cotton. I love them! They are a bit bulky on newborns, but they work and are awesome for containing messes.

I haven't tried the IV contours. Hopefully someone else can chime in.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:08 PM   #3
Micheliala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't used the os IV, just the smaller newborn ones. I have also had MEOS organics. I guess I always preferred the ME. I just love the fit of them, they seem like a prefold almost that snaps on. I also thought they seem a bit trimmer. I like that the ME has a snap in liner option when the babe gets older. I used the MEOS on my newborn believe it or not and it was one of the few diapers I could get on his 8 lbs body and never let a bit of his EXPLOSIVE poo out. Some of my little ones didn't poop much at that age but he did. Everyone would run when they heard it coming

Hyenacart, Babyshapes on Etsy
Micheliala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:51 PM   #4
SwanMomma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks for the responses!

I am leaning more toward the ME OS...especially after reading some loooong ME threads. There's a lot of passion out there for this diaper! I bought one months ago when DS was a newborn (5lb preemie), and I couldn't imagine it EVER fitting.

Now that he's almost 6 months old, I tried it today. It's definitely not the most stylish or trim fitted in my stash, but it was stretchy enough to add an infant prefold. DS wore it for a 4 hour nap under wool...no problem! I could definitely see it holding up well over time, too.
SwanMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:46 PM   #5
Sunny_mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

I can't comment on the contours, but I LOVE our MEOS and Sandys, never a leak and never a blowout! These diapers ROCK!
Old 01-23-2011, 09:48 PM   #6
treegirl75
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have 2 of the IV organic terry contours - they're pretty thick, but I like them overall. My ds has outgrown the rise, but we actually used them a handful of times overnight with a hemp doubler and Thirsties cover, and no leaks at all! I'm getting ready to list them for cheap on FSOT, so PM me if you're interested in trying them!