Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2011, 06:26 PM   #1
mrstilly
Registered Users
seller

help me get started - one size pockets and hybrid

My plan is to use a mix of one size pocket diapers and flip diapers for our son, due 3/19. I have a couple BG 4.0s that were gifted to us, and we're looking at adding flips and kawaii pockets to our stash. Baby will be home until 6 mos, then will be in day care. We travel a lot on weekends, so we want it to be as easy as possible. It seems like flips or other hybrids would be easier to use while on the road. I'm also not sure how many diapers/inserts we need to CD full time.

Any advice?

Advertisement

mrstilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:00 PM   #2
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Re: help me get started - one size pockets and hybrid

Last edited by CntryMama; 11-24-2011 at 01:23 PM.
CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:43 PM   #3
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't have flips but some gdipes. In fact most of my prior stash(he outgrew) were gdiapers. The good thing about hybrid is that you don't need as many dipes as you can just change the inner. For example with gdiapers you can get extra liners and just switch the liner and not the gpant each time.

The amount depends. Are you planning on CD from newborn stage? Or a little later? I'm not sure how the flips fit newborns, maybe someone else can chime in. You might find some of the regular dipes are a little too big at first.

As pp said the covers could be rinsed out and would dry quickly. I would get a lot of PF's though, maybe 24 ish give or take as your newborn will need changing maybe 10-12 times a day at first, so 24 is 2 days of prefolds. Depends on how often you want to do laundry too.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:55 PM   #4
mulysa
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't have any flips either, but i do have gdiapers and right now we are exclusive to them. i did not cloth till my ds was 18mths so i can not help with early stages. i have 9 mediums but you don't "need" that many 5 med would probably be fine. we use gcloth in our gdiapers. i have 23 of them and lots (probably 50) prefolds. i don't use the prefolds much at all. maybe a handful a week or so. but like leahbh said it depends on how often you want to do laundry.
mulysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:55 AM   #5
sanderson76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have Flips and love them! I actually just order a few more. Grovia are a favorite of mine as well. I actually favor the Flips and GroVia over my BG4.0 which has surprised me as when my oldest ds was little all I used were pockets until he got older and then pf and flats around the house.

I tried gDiapers and wanted to love them but could never get a good fit on my little guy. It would get a leak every time with the g insert but never with the gdisposable insert. not sure what that was about but I never reached for them. I got rid of my entire stash and turned around and purchased more flip and grovia.

I have one Kawaii and i think I am the odd person out here. I like them but don't love them. I may once ds gets older but they are rather bulky on him right now since he is only two months old. I am gonna hang on to it and try again when he gets a little bigger..I am just not a fan of super fluff butts.

http://www.astheygrowup.com
sanderson76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:26 AM   #6
mrstilly
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the input. It really seemed like hybrids would be an easy way to go, and I love the different options for inserts. I might try the small gdiapers for the newborn phase. I hadn't decided if it was worth it to go with gdiapers in the different sizes or just use the one size flips. I liked grovia diapers (I checked them out yesterday at a local store) but they are the more pricey option and we're trying to stay on budget. Maybe I'll try to find a couple used to check out though.
mrstilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:32 AM   #7
sanderson76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ditto in the different options..that is what turned me on to them, that and they aren't bulky

Grovia are pricier. I am slowly building up. lol
econobums are great too though.

http://www.astheygrowup.com
sanderson76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:36 AM   #8
karaboone
Registered Users
seller

I have no experience with flips but I do want to stear you away from gdiapers if possible. They leak bad and do not hold hardly anything. I've heard good things about flips but never used them myself.

OS pockets is what we use. It's so easy, esp for DH and other care givers. It's just like a disposable to them, they just don't throw it away.

We use Sunbaby OS pockets (www.sunbabydiapers.com) and LOVE them. They are $6/diaper and they work great, no leaks and they now have super cute prints.

We have 2 kawaii's we use for night time and I like them okay.

ISO/IHA (diapers!!) List :: FS: Baby Legs, Jewelry & More Here!
karaboone is offline   Reply With Quote