Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2011, 06:45 PM   #1
Mommi3130
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Do I really want newbie wool being due in July?

Okay well the title pretty much says it all. Do I need to get a bunch of wool with the little one being due in July? I am going to do mostly fitteds and AIO's/AI2's. Should I wait till the little on is about 3monthes old to get wool?

Advertisement

Mommi3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:48 PM   #2
DrusL8y
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do I really want newbie wool being due in July?

Do jersey wool wraps! You don't have to do longies and soakers only! Even the cocoons would be cool! Wool is very breathable yet great at helping LOs retain their body heat! I know loveybums makes some wraps. Sometimes you can find wool wraps on FSOT if you look for 'em. Check Spots too!
DrusL8y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:53 PM   #3
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

I totally would. During the Summer my DD was almost always in wool because it was so hot and humid. I was so afraid of her overheating so fitteds and wool was such a great option. There were times that she would be hot to the touch every where except for her bottom. I'll second LB for their thinner wool wraps. Also just some interlock pull-on soakers worked really well.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:57 PM   #4
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:

Ummmm YES!!! Of course you do LOL. I am due at the very end of June and I will be doing newborn wool rompers and then moving into longies for winter. I LOVE rompers for summer so I need some wool ones

Your not a woman until people come out of your vagina and step on your dreams. Louis C.K.

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:59 PM   #5
Argonaut8
Registered Users
seller

I've had the same concern since I'm due in July in AZ, but I've already gone ahead and started stocking up on wool. I think when we go out of the house, a nice interlock (or even lighter weight knit) soaker over a fitted/prefold/flat will be way less sweaty than something with PUL. I've also bought some teeny tiny longies for in the house because we have good central A/C and are not afraid to use it I also have plenty of PUL covers and AIOs if it turns out I'm wrong..
Old 01-23-2011, 07:26 PM   #6
kimmy659
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yes! At least I am for sure! And I'm due in may. So far for a newborn I have 5 knit pants, 3 with matching hats, 1 knit shortie, 1 interlock shortie, 1 interlock wrap, and pull on cover both from loveybums. I also have a cuddle bag and matching hat. I am doing my entire knit stash so I will probably knit 1 more pair of shorts and a sleep sack, then get started on his small stash for fall.

We are doing about half and half with fitteds/prefolds and aio/pocket so I don't need his whole wardrobe to be wool.

He is also my first newborn to use wool (I didn't start until 3-4 months with baby #2) so I'm super excited!
Old 01-23-2011, 08:33 PM   #7
steph_marie9
Registered Users

I'm due in early August, and I'm using some wool. I'm not a huge wool person, but do like it sometimes. My mom is knitting me some sleeveless wool gowns to use for the first few weeks. With DD2, wool gowns were the only thing that didn't rub her cord. So yes, we're using wool! I also often put my girls in wool soakers in the summer when they were/are toddlers. It was much cooler than PUL covers. We live in a 100 year old house, so though we do have central air, to keep it truly cool in here would cost a fortune!
Old 01-23-2011, 08:39 PM   #8
Nachomama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm actually doing more wool BECAUSE I'm due in June. Back when DS was teeny, I read about a study where they took the temps inside of various diaper combinations. Cloth + wool was the coolest, followed by fleece covers, then PUL with sposies being the hottest. I'm planning on doing flats and fitteds without covers around the house and topped with wool for out and about and for naps. I'm knitting soakers, not shorties or longies for the hot months.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:22 PM   #9
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Totally! Wool is super breathable!
Old 01-23-2011, 09:23 PM   #10
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

yes, wool is nice and breathable. I found with my older son, he did better in wool than PUL since we get VERY hot and humid weather. I plan to have wool for my newbie due in March as it will be getting hot (it's mostly hot year round here, really) I have both PUL and wool since I think each has it's place.
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote