Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2011, 07:27 PM   #1
momof2littles
Registered Users
seller

noob question--one "system" or multiple types of diapers

What do you prefer--all different types of diapers or all one type? What's your reasoning?? TIA!

Advertisement

momof2littles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:33 PM   #2
ashley84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: noob question--one "system" or multiple types of diapers

I prefer all different types of diapers because I'm obsessed with CDs and I have to to try EVERYTHING.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:34 PM   #3
Amanda2089
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm relatively new to cd. But, I have different types. At home I use prefolds, if my mom is babysitting, she prefers fitted. My husband likes aio and I use pockets for when I am out and about so I can vary the amount of absorption.
Amanda2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:37 PM   #4
elpos
Registered Users
seller

I have an assortment of different diapers:

prefolds and covers for hanging out at home
some fitteds that i am trying in my search for the "perfect" night diaper
some ecobumz and grobaby/grovia for when I am out and about (and those are also the "Dad diapers" according to my husband).

I also have some Broody Chicks eco-friendly disposables which are my current night solution.

The different diapers are all really useful for different reasons. The prefolds are easy to wash and were nice and inexpensive, the fitteds seem a bit trimmer under the covers, and the ecobumz and gro's are really easy and trim when I am out.

Like everything else with kids, it seems the best system is one that works for your life and your family.
elpos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:44 PM   #5
tmrobinson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a dozen pfs, dozen flats, 18 aios, dozen fitteds, and 4 pul covers. When I first started (almost 3 years ago) I tried sticking to one type and found I got bored really easily and would switch over to something new. I would sell it all and buy a new type again just to get bored again after a little while and it was an evil cycle. So now I've found what works best for me is to have some of each so if I'm not in the mood for pf's I've got something else instead of a whole stash of one entire type of diaper.

tmrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:44 PM   #6
cjslater1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have different kinds, but when I have another baby I am going to just do 3 types, AI2, AIO, and a few fitteds and wool for night.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:45 PM   #7
mommy2l
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well I tried a bunch of types until I figured out which of each type worked for us! Now I have a few pockets, a few AIOs and prefolds.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:52 PM   #8
divabeadz
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: In a turn of the century farmhouse with my 2 favorite people!

different types. I swore when I started that I wanted all one uniform system so it would be easy...but realized different situations called for different diapers. I have a heavy nighttime wetter so I use sbish fitteds at night but don't want such a bulky diaper for daytime, so we use gDiapers (w/gcloth) for daytime. But I have sbish flats in hemp and OBT b/c I wanted to use cute diaper covers in the summer but wanted an absorbent diaper underneath without the bulk. For travel we use the G's with the flushable inserts if we're not going to have access to or the time to go do laundry. We use BG Organic (now called Elemental) for church. I wanted a stash of these but the cotton/PUL combo makes dd red but these are virtually leakproof for being out and about. Now that dd is outgrowing some of her diapers but she's 19 months, I'm starting to buy regular cotton pfs to have something trim but not expensive since I might not get much use out of them at this point - I want them for summer and around the house when she can be coverless. So I guess what I'm saying is you may find you need different diapers for different occasions. I really wanted to stick to one brand but it just didn't work out that way.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:59 PM   #9
Reetzi
Registered Users
seller

I have different types. With my daughter, I use AIOs, fitteds with a PUL cover, and pockets. I like to rotate them and only use one type each day. I don't have a favorite that I use on her. I adore fitteds, though, and can't wait until she's old enough to go coverless and show 'em off.

With my son (almost 3 years ago), I used bamboo prefolds (these were used only at night) and fitteds with fleece.
Reetzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:04 PM   #10
girlymama0104
Registered Users
seller

Different types! I love CD's too much to just go with one system. I love to change it up every few hours, or every few days! I love trying everything. Obviously I have some I love more than others, but I love having a variety.