Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2011, 10:23 PM   #11
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Non Twins In The Same Grade>??

not the same thing but my nieces are moving in and my almost 3 year old will start school the same year as my almost 4 year old niece(missed the cut off by a few days). but mine will be homeschooled and my nieces will go to public...but thats probably a good thing bc they tend to clashid vote for different classes.

Advertisement

JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:46 AM   #12
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think you did your math wrong They should be one grade apart by my calculations

DS will be 5 on 12/14 and go to school in fall of 2015
DD will be 5 on 5/16 and go to school in fall of 2016

The rule here is they must turn 5 before 8/1, so you shouldn't have a problem w/ late or early birthdays (summer birthdays sometimes hold back a year).

I would definately start them in different grades since they will not be the same age and are not twins. I don't know if I will separate my twins in K or not... I am planning to just wait and see how their personalities are developing and what I think they need at that time. If I feel they are ready to be more independant I will separate. If I think they will have a lot of anxiety I will keep them in the same class. I am pretty sure my school lets you have the option.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:50 AM   #13
Mommy2JJ
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Yeah I would keep them apart too!

My brother and I were 18 months apart and two grades apart.

Mommy2JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:47 PM   #14
MomToMyMonkeys
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My middle two are my "almost twins" who are 13 months apart. Rebekah is in K this year and Caleb is in 1st. These next 2 girls will be 2 years apart in school which I'm hoping will be easier than 1 year apart. I almost wish Caleb and Rebekah were in the same grade because it would be easier for me, but for them I really think it's best that they do have some separation. They have done EVERYTHING together all their lives (they still share a room, and shared a bed until a few months ago) and it's nice that they now have their own friends and their own activities.

Just my
MomToMyMonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:36 AM   #15
Ames2x
Registered Users
Formerly: MackMommaMade
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Thinker View Post
I think you did your math wrong They should be one grade apart by my calculations

DS will be 5 on 12/14 and go to school in fall of 2015
DD will be 5 on 5/16 and go to school in fall of 2016

The rule here is they must turn 5 before 8/1, so you shouldn't have a problem w/ late or early birthdays (summer birthdays sometimes hold back a year).

I would definately start them in different grades since they will not be the same age and are not twins. I don't know if I will separate my twins in K or not... I am planning to just wait and see how their personalities are developing and what I think they need at that time. If I feel they are ready to be more independant I will separate. If I think they will have a lot of anxiety I will keep them in the same class. I am pretty sure my school lets you have the option.
I had to check because math is the farthest thing from my best quality

Our cutoff date is 12-1 for K in Michigan. Sooo... lol bare with me because I might lose some brain cells on this lol.

DS born in 2009+5years=2014 but since he wont turn 5 til after the cutoff he will start in the fall of 2015.
DD born in 2011+5years=2016 and she can start the fall of 2016

sorry I know that is what you already said but I couldn't seem to grasp it lol...

OK now I can relax a little lol