Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2011, 08:32 AM   #1
chapmanrl6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Is anyone else feeling

Exhausted?
I worked almost 60 hours a week when I was pg with DD and I never felt this tired. I am starting to wonder if I have a low iron level.

I have been really tired, feeling dizzy on and off, still having morning sickness every couple of days and am finding it hard to eat many days. I have almost no appetite, which is weird cause I love to eat lol.

Is anyone else feeling this way?

Advertisement

Old 01-24-2011, 09:51 AM   #2
wileycolt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is anyone else feeling

Mama I am right there with you. The OB last week found that I have low iron and my vitamin D level has been low. I am tired ALL the time and have had some dizzy spells. I never really had morning sickness where I vomited, but was nauseous all the time... I now have waves of that coming back off and on. Being on all my vitamins and the iron supplement helps, but the iron makes me sick to. can't win for losing
Old 01-24-2011, 10:50 AM   #3
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm tired a lot, and my iron is a little low, my hemoglobin is 10.8 right now. I just started taking an iron supplement to hopefully kept it from going lower. Last pregnancy it was around 8 when I delivered.

ETA-- My vitamin D is low too and I'm also taking vitamin D. It was about 28, I think and normal is 30-100ish.

Last edited by staceyroo77; 01-24-2011 at 10:51 AM.
staceyroo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #4
chapmanrl6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sorry you guys are feeling poorly too. Maybe I should ask them about checking my iron level when I go in in 2 weeks.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:44 AM   #5
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It wouldn't hurt to ask, I should have asked when I was near the end of my pregnancy w/ DD#3. I just asked if it was possible for my iron to be lower later in pregnancy than it was in the beginning. My OB said that it would probably be he same. Well, I should have told him that I was having a weird craving to chew on a sponge (kind of like eating starch, or ice a form of PICA). I found out when I went into the hospital to have DD#3 that my iron was low when they did the routine labs. So, I kind of thought it was, but didn't say anything.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:01 PM   #6
doodah
Registered Users
seller

60 hours a week?? goodness, can you slow down at work at all? maybe you just need to at this point. hope you feel better soon!
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:44 PM   #7
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

seriously, I would too if I was working that much! Generally I'm ok, but I have my days. Last night DS had a hard time sleeping... I'd get him back to sleep, and not 20 mins later he'd be back in my room or crying for me. after the 3rd time I finally just went to sleep w/him, but he was restless...rolling all over and kicking me. I'm a light sleeper, so nights like these are always hard.
E-2.1.14
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote