Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2011, 10:12 AM   #31
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2010 Babies- Checking In!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy'smom View Post
Congrats! I'm busy these days, but good. William is HUGE now. I think he's about 20 lbs or so and in 12 month clothes. And he only bf's still!!
Elias is in 12m clothes, as well. Still working on the tooth, though!

Advertisement

*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:58 AM   #32
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiSapphireJade View Post
Hi ladies. I just wanted to share the news. I got a BFP this morning and am due Nov. 10th with baby #5. I am so nervous! We were not TTC. We had thought about it, but then DH lost his job so we decided to put it on hold for awhile. I was even in the process of getting in to get an IUD. I did stop taking my BC pills because they were making me very sick, but I was charting and trying to avoid DTD around that time. Even though I am nervous I truly believe everything happens for a reason. So, we'll see what happens in the next 9 months!
Congrats! Keep us posted.

Heather's about 19lbs and just getting into 12mos clothes. She's also still EBF. She has been scooting/army crawling for months now but earlier this week figured out how to actually crawl - one knee at a time. She's also sitting up well on her own now, and pulls herself up to stand. She gets into EVERYTHING.
Emi Marie, 8.15.14

2208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:33 AM   #33
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:

Hey ladies!

Annabelle was 7 lbs. 6 oz. at birth and is around 17 lbs. now. She will be 7 months old in a couple days! I can't believe it!

She is sitting unassisted, crawling, and pulling up to standing on things if they are low to the ground.

We do baby-led weaning for solids and she LOVES food. You can put a pile of anything on her tray and she will go to town on it.

We have started the process to adopt our next. If you're interested in our journey you can follow my blog www.thebehrensfamily.blogspot.com

And the best part...

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:24 PM   #34
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

August mamas, help! I am expecting this August and I am wondering what to bring DS home in? I am in Oregon and it can be hot, but not always. Do I do long sleeves, short? Is wool too hot? I am at a loss here!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:25 PM   #35
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyl08 View Post
August mamas, help! I am expecting this August and I am wondering what to bring DS home in? I am in Oregon and it can be hot, but not always. Do I do long sleeves, short? Is wool too hot? I am at a loss here!
I wouldn't over think it too much. He's not really going to be outside at all, but rather in an air conditioned hospital, car, and then house. I had a home birth so I didn't have to think through that part, but my DD spent most days in a short sleeved onesie and cotton pants.

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:09 PM   #36
Amberjoe_1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow it's been awhile since I've checked here!
Adam was due in August but decided to wait till September, but I still thought I'd post here since August was the thread I posted in!

Adam was 10lbs 7oz at birth (at home!). He's now about 20 lbs! Just turned 6 months the 2nd. Has two teeth, rolling and scooting around like crazy, getting up on his knees but not quite crawling.. and just about sits unassisted!
We may have more, he is our third and we'll probably wait a few years. I'm trying to juggle three kiddies under 4 and sewing..it's tough!
Here's a pic! (oh and so far his eyes are still blue, all of us have brown eyes!..I'm so excited to have a blue eyed baby! Here's hoping he keeps them) =o)

See what's new @ Monster Fluff Studio's Blog

Last edited by Amberjoe_1; 03-08-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Amberjoe_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:09 AM   #37
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

Rei, haven't been on in a while, CONGRATS! now you get a new DD forum. I do miss that.

Graham turned 6 months the beg. of March (he was born aug 29). He was 14 lbs 1 oz. My babies just don't get big that fast!

He's enjoying food and Im making most of it. He has some constipation issues so we'll see what the prunes he had last night do for him. Ha! He's in 6-9 months but they are fairly big. He's rolling front to back and vice verse. No desire to scoot or move. No teeth that I can see. He is sleeping through the night but I was SO SO tired from him getting me up 8-10 times I did a little baby boot camp. Now he goes down around 6:30 and is up around then. Praise the Lord!

He doesn't nap well and often sleeps in his carseat in the crib. But mama needs a break sometimes!
s2grace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:45 PM   #38
Amberjoe_1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok so whats the baby boot camp you did? I'm trying to get motivated to do the no cry sleep method, my little guy but that involves a few nights of sleeplessness.. I need motivating. lol

See what's new @ Monster Fluff Studio's Blog
Amberjoe_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:15 PM   #39
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberjoe_1 View Post
Ok so whats the baby boot camp you did? I'm trying to get motivated to do the no cry sleep method, my little guy but that involves a few nights of sleeplessness.. I need motivating. lol
I'm interested, too! Elias goes to bed at 7-8pm, then wakes up at 12-1am and again at 3-4am, before getting up for the day around 6-7am. So, basically one 5 hour stretch and then every 3 hours after that. I am exhausted!

He naps about an hour in the morning, 2 hours in the afternoon, and an hour in the evening. When he is awake he wants to be held constantly and is very hard to entertain/please. Sometimes I feel like I am going crazy because I can't get anything done! He reminds me a lot of DD1 and she didn't outgrow her clinginess and poor sleep habits until she was almost 2. I'm hoping I can sway him a bit earlier!

Amberjoe- I hear you on trying to juggle multiple kids and get WAHM stuff done. I used to have a hyena cart for my knitting but I don't anymore. Mainly because the midwives I used for the birth did a trade with me and I still owe them about 21 newborn soakers. I wasn't able to knit any for nearly 6 months because of the craziness with all the kids. Now I need to catch up, finish up the first batch asap, and start on another batch of 60 for them as they are trading me again to assist with the upcoming birth in November.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*

Last edited by AcrossTheUniverse; 03-10-2011 at 10:18 PM.
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:41 PM   #40
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

I just couldn't take getting up at ALL hours. He was sick and getting up a lot (understandable) but then it became where nursing was THEY ONLY way he'd go back to sleep, no rocking, no cuddling, no paci. So.. I put him down at 6:30 (an hour earlier than I was) and would do a dream feed at 9:30 -10 ish, then I just let him cry. Two nights of him crying for a LONG time (too long but I knew I had to do it) and he was sleeping through from 6:30-6:30! I did have the monitor on, just the volume down so I could "see" when he was crying. I turned on all of our fans and the furnace fan to run constantly for white noise for DD. It worked for us!

Rei, instead of him taking an early evening nap I just put him down earlier. It's ridiculously early but I'll take it for a happy baby. A friend recommended it and it worked wonderfully!
s2grace is online now   Reply With Quote