Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-11-2011, 02:58 PM   #41
brookglen
Registered Users

Re: August 2010 Babies- Checking In!

I put BK's monitor waaay low too, and now she sleeps through the night. We have the Angelcare so it lets me know if something goes wrong. It's such a relief because for a minute there she was actually sleeping at the boob all night.

Advertisement

brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:25 PM   #42
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2grace View Post
Rei, instead of him taking an early evening nap I just put him down earlier. It's ridiculously early but I'll take it for a happy baby. A friend recommended it and it worked wonderfully!
95% of the time he is asleep by 7pm. He was sleeping longer (like 7pm-3am) but he started to get ear infections quite frequently and that really messed up his sleeping patterns. He just got over one, actually, his 5th one since Christmas! He also sleeps in a crib in our room, so it is hard to ignore when he makes noise. He also wakes up at the slightest of sounds (like when I open the door to go into the room to go to sleep myself at 11pm or so). I have nowhere else to put him, so I can't move him out or give him his own room. Last night he woke up at midnight. I tried to feed him but he wouldn't eat, so I put him back down. He slept for about 45 minutes and then woke up again. I didn't get up right away and I was so tired that I was in and out of it before I realized I had let him cry for an hour. Totally not on purpose. I got him out of the crib and tried to feed him but again, he wouldn't eat. I suctioned his nose, then he ate, fell asleep at 2am, and was up for the day at 5am.

I totally don't mind feeding him once at night. I just can't handle doing it 2-3 times, having him cry for 30 minutes after I put him in the crib each time, and then being up for the day at the crack of dawn!
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:07 AM   #43
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

Rei, having him in the room makes it awfully hard to ignore! I felt the same thing about Graham, 1 time, no prob. but every hour? Not ok. Praying that he will settle down soon! (or that you'll have a place to put him so he can fuss w/o waking you up!
s2grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:42 PM   #44
Chessie
Registered Users
seller

Hi mamas! I haven't been on ds in a really long time and it's so cool to see the babies. Sofiola is 20 lbs now and rocks back and forth on all fours, but still not quite crawling. Made me happy to see the august babies.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:37 PM   #45
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

Hey mamas, go check out the parenting forum. I posted there about an infection DS has... (infection from shotS) someone said MRSA/Staph and now I'm freaking out! Of course I googled it and it said NOT to squeeze out/drain the abcess.. which is what we did.. praying he's ok. I'm going to go feel his leg now..
Old 03-26-2011, 12:15 PM   #46
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

How is everyone doing? I am 7 weeks pregnant now and experiencing horrible m/s. Ugh. I told DH that I don't want to ever do this again, lol! I am finally starting to think that this may be our last baby.

Elias is sleeping better. I started taking him to the chiro to help drain his ears (he was getting ear infections every 2 weeks). It has really helped. He still wakes up about 2 times but he isn't fussy and goes right back to sleep after eating.

S2grace- I'm a bit late, but how is your DS doing? My mom, sister, and two nieces (ages 5 & 2) have MRSA. The 2 year old gets abcesses every once in awhile that are bad enough she has to go to the doctor to have them drained. As far as I know, MRSA always remains in the bloodstream but is only contagious by open wounds (i.e. when you have an outbreak/abcess). Hope it isn't too serious!
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:15 PM   #47
mamayogibear
Registered Users

My Mood:

Wow, I didn't realize how much I missed our DDC! Now that I have two kids and am back to working full time I'm soo busy and rarely on DS. So here it goes...
How big is your LO now, and how big was he/she at birth? Lovely Logan was 6lbs 7oz (if I recall) at birth and at his six month check up he was 17 lbs 1 oz. His sister was nearly a year when she was that big.
Have they met any big milestones and when? I think he's meeting all his milestones on time. He loves to 'sing' with his sissy it is super cute. He is scooting all over the place and has recently found his knees to crawl. He also pulls up on everything and is pondering a career as a rock climber He started solids at six months and one weeks when his big sissy shared an avocado with him.
Planning any other LOs in the future? One boy and one girl is a perfect balance for me but I might consider another LO after my career takes off. (I'm a CNA and will start nursing school in the next year!)
Have a recent picture you'd like to share? Yes but technology and I don't get along so it will be a while before I figure out how to.

Also, we bedshare, babywear, breastfeed, and um what are the rest of the seven B's?

Last edited by mamayogibear; 03-26-2011 at 12:19 PM.
mamayogibear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:18 PM   #48
mamayogibear
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiSapphireJade View Post
How is everyone doing? I am 7 weeks pregnant now and experiencing horrible m/s. Ugh. I told DH that I don't want to ever do this again, lol! I am finally starting to think that this may be our last baby.

Elias is sleeping better. I started taking him to the chiro to help drain his ears (he was getting ear infections every 2 weeks). It has really helped. He still wakes up about 2 times but he isn't fussy and goes right back to sleep after eating.

S2grace- I'm a bit late, but how is your DS doing? My mom, sister, and two nieces (ages 5 & 2) have MRSA. The 2 year old gets abcesses every once in awhile that are bad enough she has to go to the doctor to have them drained. As far as I know, MRSA always remains in the bloodstream but is only contagious by open wounds (i.e. when you have an outbreak/abcess). Hope it isn't too serious!
Congrats on the expecting mama! As for MRSA I believe it is in the bloodstream forever but it is also found in the air and on surfaces a LOT. However most people when exposed to it do not get infected because of normal flora on the skin (probiotics aren't just in our guts!) If someone is on antibiotics for a long time that is when you don't want them to be around someone with MRSA because their second line of defense will be weakened.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:54 PM   #49
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiSapphireJade View Post

What does the chiropractor do to help his ears drain? I'm curious because my left ear has been bothering me.

Heather's first tooth came through! She was super fussy yesterday and the day before but was back to her normal self today. She's also walking along the furniture and can sometimes stand on her own for like 2 seconds. Whenever I put her down, she puts her feet down as if she wants to just walk away. I think she might be walking by 9 months! My sister did, and so did SO's sister. It seems so early though. Holly didn't walk until 14 months.
Emi Marie, 8.15.14

Last edited by 2208; 04-01-2011 at 02:04 PM.
2208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:01 PM   #50
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

Walking! Graham is just starting to roll- I'm not ready for walking yet! (he just turned 7mo, so he's probably one of the youngest aug. 2010 babies) His legs are much better and the Dr. gave him a thumbs up today. We'll delay his 18 month boosters and watch very closely when he gets his 1 yr. shots.

Rei, how are you feeling? I'm a bit jealous you get to have a new DD forum! We are hoping to start TTC in a few months. I can't wait for this warm weather to get out and walk with the kids!