Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2011, 08:06 PM   #1
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:
My assessment of BGOS from 1.0 to 4.0

I started out with BGOS 1.0 (spent hundreds with the impression that they would diaper multiple babies). Those were made from nylon and they were no longer waterproof at even close to a year and though the elastic was still ok on some of them most of them were shot.

2.0's had some improvements but within 6 months the elastic was shot and the velcro...terrible.

3.0's brought the nice added PUL strip on the belly side but still within months the laundry tabs quit working so the velcro made the wonderful diaper chain in the washer and dryer and ruined the elastic (which is a pain to fix).

4.0's - Should I even bother. OK I already did. I traded for one and the velcro seems better and the exposed elastic is nice but really? It reminds me of ''the story of stuff' -- like it's made to break. Hmmm? Not what I signed up for with a cloth diaper.

I have had to rebuy BGOS for each baby and I keep telling myself that I am going to stop. I have never had 1 diaper replaced (even within the warranty -- I must have ruined the diaper with my wash routine...yadda yadda.), not even the one that was sewn so narrow in the crotch that I could get my (small) hand in to stuff it.

So...72 BGOS later...

I need to find a better quality diaper from a company with better quality customer service.

***Tomorrow I will add pics of each version at the condition that it is now or when I had to stop using it.***

Advertisement

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!

Last edited by kannondicarpo; 01-24-2011 at 08:18 PM.
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:16 PM   #2
sarahsjhs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My assessment of BGOS from 1.0 to 4.0

Wow, you've been at this for a while I had the same experience with my 3.0s, the velcro stinks. So far I like my 4.0s with snaps. I didn't even bother trying to get them replaced, I'm not thrilled with thier CS or replacement policies, or the fact that BGs never go on sale. Due to their policies, my favorite online shop won't even give us store credit on BGs like they do for EVERYTHING else because they are afraid the CB won't let them sell their products.

If you're looking for good customer service, skip anything from Kanga Care, their CS is horrible, the worst I've ever dealt with. So far I really love my Kawaii diapers, haven't had any problems, but never dealt with their CS.
See my full inventory, which is always growing at Annabelle's Basket
sarahsjhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:18 PM   #3
DocsNemesis
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hrm, I've had a totally opposite experience. I used 1.0s for over a year with no problems (and I only had 6 so they were washed often) and I had 3.0's that I've used for 2 kids that had pretty much perfect aplix, but the leg elastics were getting very lose on. I just sent them all in for replacement. All I had to do was contact them and tell them the issue and I was told to send them on in. They also replaced all of my Flips (they were first run and had VERY lose elastic). The only real issue I had with them before was them being velcro and now they have snaps so I'm good!

www.Hyenacart.com/Naked for dyed tee's, flats, yarn, and soon, bamboo prefolds! Stocking 7/20!
DocsNemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:21 PM   #4
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

wow Shannon, thats a lot of diaps! And to keep going back...

I actually am in love with my BGs! of course only had them for 4 months
Swag with me! Bing it!

Last edited by stevensmom; 01-24-2011 at 08:22 PM.
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:27 PM   #5
DocsNemesis
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wait, you don't like their customer service? They have a full one year warranty on their diapers-and have been known to replace diapers after the year as well. I'm not saying its perfect...I mean, I couldn't send in 2 of mine cause I couldn't get the stains out-but its a heck of a lot better than most places I've dealt with. Thirsties customer service told me their covers were leaking because of me (this is my 5th cloth diapered baby, I've been at it for 10 years-but its MY fault), that it HAD to be my fault because their covers are awesome. And the FBs I have are delaminating, but I can't send them in until they're completely delaminated, which means they'll probably end up being out of their warranty period. And when my pail liner delaminated after a trip in the dryer on warm, I was told too bad, so sad by the Natural Baby Co.

Also, they do go on sale, I've seen buy 5 get one free sales several times, as well as general sales. This year they didn't do Black Friday sales but the year before they did...thats how I got my Flips.

www.Hyenacart.com/Naked for dyed tee's, flats, yarn, and soon, bamboo prefolds! Stocking 7/20!
DocsNemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:29 PM   #6
Kyusswaggernut
Registered Users

I miss the 1.0's....you could dye them with kool aid!
Old 01-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #7
gracie1025
Registered Users
seller

Oh my gosh! FINALLY, I have been trying to find answers to this question. I am working on a review right now on the 4.0 (right now I am just waiting on survey responses....feel free to fill one out and help me, please!) and was wondering if I needed to get one even though I already have a 3.0. What's funny is I LOVE my 3.0 because it is a velcro pocket diaper! It's just that that is my middle of the night diaper and it helps to pair velcro with my delirium.
Padded Tush Stats reviews are based on survey responses from many mamas and are sorted based on different baby characteristics (heavy wetter, chunky, etc). Come fill out a quick survey or check out a review! http://www.paddedtushstats.com/
gracie1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:39 PM   #8
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

I can't say I have had a positive experience with BG 3.0s either. And the 1 year replacement warranty does no good when they won't replace anything anyway. The velcro in every diaper is ruined after about 10 months.
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:44 PM   #9
sarahsjhs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

From what I could tell from reading on their site, the velcro wasn't covered under thier warranty. If it was, I'll be pretty upset. Buy 5 get 1 doesn't do me any good when I only want a couple of diapers, I don't really consider that a sale so much as a promotion by the company. To me a sale is each diaper costing less than retail, no matter how many you buy. I don't think they allow retailers to do their own sales on thier products.
See my full inventory, which is always growing at Annabelle's Basket
sarahsjhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:45 PM   #10
mommycissa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've always been impressed by their CS. And I've always thought the BG diapers held up pretty well. I mean, Velcro does what Velcro does. If you have hated them so much, it seems kinda dumb to keep buying them...

Get 35% Off YesToTomatos Skin and Hair Products! I love Yes To, and I think you would too! Click the link http://www.push44.com/wzrv9gzf for a special offer from Yes To!
mommycissa is offline   Reply With Quote