Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2011, 01:53 PM   #31
chloebeansmom
Registered Users
seller

Re: What is your Daycare diaper?

My DD goes to my MIL 3 days/week and ahome daycare the other 2 days. We use BG AIOs. My daycare provider put up no resistance at all (she used to use disposables with my oldest), My MIL was more of a challenge, but I told her if she wanted to buy sposies she could (she did), I sent the cloth anyway and didn't say anything. She started using them and hasn't even opened the pack of sposies yet!

One thing to be sure of put a very clth diaper safe cream in the bag for baby. Both MIL and my provider feel the need to put something on her at every change so putting a safe cream stops desitin from ending up on my dipes!

Advertisement

Old 02-19-2011, 03:34 AM   #32
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Daycare finally decided they will use cloth BUT with velcro, and they have to be either AIO's or pockets already stuffed. And only like 4 of my diapers have velcro. So today they put her in a sposie. GAH! And they used desitin today and desitin got all over her diapers. But it was my fault because i forgot to tell them not to use desitin. They were so funny. She put a poopy diaper in a plastic bag, because she didn't want to make the wetbag dirty. She's sweet, but i told her it's ok, that's what the wetbag is for, I wash that too I kind of had to chuckle at that one.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:35 AM   #33
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloebeansmom View Post
My DD goes to my MIL 3 days/week and ahome daycare the other 2 days. We use BG AIOs. My daycare provider put up no resistance at all (she used to use disposables with my oldest), My MIL was more of a challenge, but I told her if she wanted to buy sposies she could (she did), I sent the cloth anyway and didn't say anything. She started using them and hasn't even opened the pack of sposies yet!

One thing to be sure of put a very clth diaper safe cream in the bag for baby. Both MIL and my provider feel the need to put something on her at every change so putting a safe cream stops desitin from ending up on my dipes!
AH! I wish i would have read this BEFORE today! lol
Old 02-20-2011, 09:13 AM   #34
Lisa921
Registered Users
seller

I use BG 3.0s and AIOs with a few Thirsties Duo diapers. I send Triple Paste and sposies on the few days that she has a diaper rash. I had one new teacher use cream on my diapers and had to scrub them out... But it's better than using sposies all the time. We have used CDs at daycare for 10 months now and our providers have been great about it!

I am not a big fan of BG pockets at home but they make great daycare dipes!
Old 03-01-2011, 10:55 AM   #35
Anniep625
Registered Users
seller

When we were cloth diapering full time we used prefolds and covers as our day care provider was happy to do it. We had to stop c/ding because of a recurring yeast infection so we had to stop. I am contemplating going to Fuzzi Bunz again (used these at night with DD1) but I don't think I would do that for daycare, but who knows. DD2 is 10 months old now.
Anniep625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:28 PM   #36
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We're using disposables right now until we figure out what exactly is causing my DD's black yucky poops. I just don't have the desire to come home to 3-4 diapers with semi-dried poop in them. Once we get that figured out, we'll be back in our fitteds. My DCP doesn't mind changing fitteds or using cloth at all.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:50 AM   #37
gaia06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So I've been sending strictly thirsties duo diapers to daycare and I've gotta say they are like the PERFECT diaper for my new-to-cloth DCP...the pocket/velcro makes it just like a sposie to put on and take off, the hemp in the insert is awesome for absorbency and the microfleece pocket is awesome for the stay dry effect, the leg gussets are awesome for keeping poop explosions in and on top of all that its still nice and trim so she doesn't have the CD bubble butt that sometimes comes along with cloth dipes...I'm in LOVE! I'm converting most of our stash to these because they are so awesome!

forgot to add that the fact that the insert agitates out in the wash is maybe the best part of this diaper...LOVING that I dont have to reach in and remove old wet inserts at the end of the day!!

Last edited by gaia06; 03-02-2011 at 07:51 AM.
gaia06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:21 AM   #38
hikergal73
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaia06 View Post
So I've been sending strictly thirsties duo diapers to daycare and I've gotta say they are like the PERFECT diaper for my new-to-cloth DCP...the pocket/velcro makes it just like a sposie to put on and take off, the hemp in the insert is awesome for absorbency and the microfleece pocket is awesome for the stay dry effect, the leg gussets are awesome for keeping poop explosions in and on top of all that its still nice and trim so she doesn't have the CD bubble butt that sometimes comes along with cloth dipes...I'm in LOVE! I'm converting most of our stash to these because they are so awesome!

forgot to add that the fact that the insert agitates out in the wash is maybe the best part of this diaper...LOVING that I dont have to reach in and remove old wet inserts at the end of the day!!
YAY for Thristies!!

now back to work...lol
Old 03-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #39
gaia06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikergal73 View Post
YAY for Thristies!!

now back to work...lol
lol! Its too cold to work!
gaia06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #40
cschick
Registered
seller

My Mood:

We use Tweedle Bugs, Mommy's Touch, and Swaddlebees - I make sure there is a wet bag + plastic bags for diapers and put at least 2-3 pairs of pants and onesies in for changes.
cschick is offline   Reply With Quote