Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2011, 12:21 PM   #11
Ames2x
Registered Users
Formerly: MackMommaMade
seller

My Mood:
Re: Would you ask?

i would definitely bring it up if nothing else your OB can recommend a support group or a counseling center to help you if they feel that meds arent warranted. Depression is not something to mess around with be it just sadness or anger or whatever. Gotta take care of yourself in order to take care of the kiddos and the baby in your belly. HTH

Advertisement

Old 01-25-2011, 03:20 PM   #12
wileycolt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So sorry you are feeling this way. I would tell your OB... if nothing more than to use them as a sounding board. She can give you advice on what you might be able to do to help with the way you are feeling. I struggle quite a bit with being home with DS who is 2. He has gotten clingy and whiny and being pregnant and hormonal has made me irritable with him. I really have to force myself to focus on him and if I do then we both seem to feel better. I also make an effort to find someone to watch DS to give me a break, if even just an hour or more. DH is around, but he works from the time DS gets up til right when he goes to bed at night, so he might as well not be here at all.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:45 PM   #13
jacobsmommy924
Registered Users
seller

Talk with your doctor. They are there to help you and to give advice or a prescription when there is a problem. It is their job!

I felt very depressed with my second pregnancy during my first trimester. I felt exactly how you described. I felt miserable, and I felt like I was making everyone else around me miserable. Which made me feel really guilty.

I hope you feel better soon mama
jacobsmommy924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:53 AM   #14
E.B.2672
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you everyone for all your advice. It truly helps to have so many people who care and know what you are going through.

I will be heading to the OB this morning at 9 EST to do the one hour and I will talk to her about everything that is going on.

Thanks again, I will update when I get back.
E.B.2672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:15 PM   #15
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Would you ask? *Updated*

I'm so happy you talked to your doc! Isn't it great when you have all that worry and fear and your doctor makes you feel totally normal and not crazy? I love that feeling afterwards. I'm happy you're finding a solution! Keep us posted
Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:36 PM   #16
MamaSarahMay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
So glad you talked to your doctor and she was understanding and helped you out. Kudos to you mama
Sarah~ Wife to Scott since 2/5/2005, Mommy to Alexander 9/4/2007 Our little miracle Caleb Joseph 4/18/2011 and our sweet little Angels in Heaven 10/2009 and 7/2010 Cautiously expecting #3 in March 2014!
MamaSarahMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:51 PM   #17
doodah
Registered Users
seller

I am glad you talked to someone. Definitely keep working on surrounding yourself with a variety of support. There is no reason you have to do everything by yourself and don't feel afraid to ask for help from family and friends. You can't physically be on mommy duty 24/7 and not get exhausted and need help some times. I hope things get better. If your OB feels that it might be depression related, you might also consider a regular counselor, at least while your husband is away. Again, nothing wrong in asking for help, in fact sometimes it is the wisest choice.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:03 PM   #18
Mama4Ways
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B.2672 View Post
1/26- The doctor was fantastic and made me feel so much better! I can't believe I was nervous to talk to her about this.
She is starting me on 25mg of Zoloft. Hopefully, I start feeling better soon.
YAY! Glad you talked to your OB and she was supportive and had some ideas for assistance.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:14 PM   #19
jacobsmommy924
Registered Users
seller

Great! So glad to hear this! Hope you start feeling better soon mama
jacobsmommy924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:22 PM   #20
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wonderful news!!! So glad you brought it up. I hope you'll be feeling better very soon!
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote