Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-17-2007, 07:30 AM   #1
inspiredbyfinn
Registered Users
Formerly: korourke
seller

For those with DC less than 2 yrs apart . . .

How close are your DC in age, and how did it go when your new addition arrived?

Looking back, if you could have waited a month, two, etc., would you have? If so, why?

DH and I are thinking we are close to TTC, so our DC could possibly be as close as 16 months in age. With only one DC at this point, I am very curious about your experience Mamas!

Thank you for sharing

Advertisement

inspiredbyfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 07:40 AM   #2
mommabug42006
Registered Users
seller

Re: For those with DC less than 2 yrs apart . . .

Well my first 2 are only 11 months apart! It was hard but DS has Aspergers Syndrome so he was developmently delayed. I wish they had been at least 18 months apart (that is when DS learned to walk) The second and third are 14 months apart and it was WAY easier but he was an easy baby. The third and fourth are 4 years apart and it is nice for me as I have 3 helpers, but I feel bad for YDD as she has no paymates ya know. Hopeful that will change in 9 months though!!
The hardest thing when they are really close is going outside of the house! I dreaded going to the grocery/doc ect ect because it was hard to sling a NB BF and have another baby sling on your back!! NO ONE would ever help me either! I opened all the doors for myself ect ect ONCE a elderly man held the door for me when I had the double stroller and a NB in sling though. Sad huh
Old 03-17-2007, 08:12 AM   #3
Kiddo353
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 2 older dd's have autism and are only 18 mo apart. THAT was SO hard. At that point dd#1 wasn't even sleeping thru the night yet. I about died from lack of sleep. however dd#2 and dd#3 are 2.5 years apart and I think that is a little TOO much time apart b/c she has been independent for so long that it is VERY difficult adjusting to having to do EVERYTHING for another kid. Not to mention my middle one starts school in 2 wks and I was looking forward to the 2.5 hours I was gonna have to get stuff done. oh well.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:22 AM   #4
southernmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have had babies 10 months apart, 16 months apart and then I have a 19mo age difference as well. Honestly I thought the 16 mo age thing was difficult but my life now is way more difficult. I guess it's the stages they are all in. There are definite pros to having them that close together, like the fact that they are super close. But you do get lots of comments so just be prepared. I think in a perfect world I would space them a little more. My body had a hard time this last time, but I was pregnant 4 times within 4 years.

MAMA to 4 GIRLS- 12/96, 12/03, 4/05, 12/06
and my baby boy who waits in heaven with Jesus (2/17/03-2/18/03)

Old DS Feedback
southernmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 08:37 AM   #5
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first and second was 18 mths apart..and my second was 27 mths apart.. I never really noticed what I liked more.. I just know that if I have another one.. I want that one to come a little later then what we been doing .. bc I want to let this one be a baby for a little while.. I never really got to have one just stay a baby
mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:23 AM   #6
LoveSunshine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My sons are 16.5 mos apart and while I wouldn't have it any other way, it's VERY hard. My older son was a very calm baby, slept through the night at 8 wks, very easygoing, etc. My younger son is a whole nother story! He's calmed down quite a bit, but at the beginning, we dealt with horrible acid reflux, screaming, lactose intolerance, and just generally not feeling well. I didn't blame him for this, but it was definitely a rude awakening to my system, I was expecting another easygoing baby! My older son has also, in turn, I fear, been pushed to the side a bit. He also definitely went from being my baby to being a big boy. I probably would have waited a bit longer IMHO. I miss being able to do a lot of stuff with my older son who is going through a very fun stage right now (very explorative, almost 2), but I do love my younger son to pieces, and we have a great bond, don't get me wrong!

LoveSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:35 AM   #7
2sweetboys
Registered Users
seller
seller

My boys are 20 months apart and I think it's great.....most of the time! lol They are almost like having twins sometimes as they do things at the same time, which is mostly my doing. I found that it was much easier to do for both of them at the same time.....feed them, bathe them, change them, etc. Now they are pretty much on the same schedule...with the exception of naps. Aedan doesn't take as long of a nap and sometimes no nap at all. Harley is the only one still in diapers, but that's fine by me!! lol I think you just have to figure out what works best for you.

When we brought Harley home, Aedan was super excited and wanted to 'help' all the time....there was no jealousy and he was quite proud of his little 'brudder'. Harley isn't as interested in babies so I think the next one will be a bit more of an adjustment than he was....he DOES get jealous when I hold other babies, so we'll see.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:55 AM   #8
karenann33
Registered Users

My Mood:

My older 2 are 27 months apart and my younger 2 are 3 years apart.

I think having them 2 years apart is easier because they are into the same things. I have so much trouble now trying to entertain a toddler and a 4 year old. One wants to play games and the other wants to eat the pieces.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:56 AM   #9
zonapellucida
Registered Users
seller

Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:

I have two 14 mo apart two 15 months apart and two 16 months part!!
Old 03-17-2007, 10:05 AM   #10
jkelstaten
Registered Users

My girls are 14 1/2 months apart. It was really hard at first, but now they are so much fun. They have built-in playmates. There was no jealousy and DD#1 obviously doesn't remember a time when DD#2 wasn't around.

DD#2 was not planned in any way, so we probably would have waited a while if we were planning it. However, DD#2 and the new baby will be 3 years apart and I think that's too much. We'll see how it goes.