Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2011, 12:06 PM   #1
chapmanrl6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Floradix Iron supplement?

Has anyone taken this?

I really struggle with non-food sources for vitamins, but am need to take an additional iron supplement. My sister suggested this and I am looking for the experiences of others who have tried this. Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 01-25-2011, 12:52 PM   #2
linzbear
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Floradix Iron supplement?

Yup, taking it now, the liquid Floradix Iron & Herbs. I've been anemic since age 14 and this is the best iron supplement I've ever had. It tastes nasty if it's unrefrigerated though, so make sure you put it in the fridge before you take your first dose!.

ExtBFing, ERFing, CDing, bedsharing mama to Lucas (2-21-09), Gabriel (4-16-11), Elliot (1-17-14), and loving wife to Rodd
linzbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:06 PM   #3
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

It works really well. It it really does not constipate. And it really doesn't taste good.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:58 PM   #4
chapmanrl6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Mamas. I will remember to refrigerate. I mat have to plug my nose to get it down lol...
Old 01-25-2011, 02:16 PM   #5
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I took the liquid my last two pregnancies, but am doing the tablets right now. I feel just as well on the tablets. I know the liquid is slightly better assimilated into the body so I may switch to the liquid in the last trimester.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:17 PM   #6
Greenbabybottoms
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had to take it with my last 2 pregnancies, it is the only supplement that even makes a difference for me. It taste awful but I mix mine with equal parts apple juice and hold my nose. I've never had any of the usual iron supplement symptoms with it.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:23 AM   #7
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I took it. It tasted like rotten flowers. It did not give me the issues other iron supplements did.
Agla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:40 AM   #8
sarchamar
Registered Users
seller

Ditto all the PPs. I can't take any other iron supplements -- they make me sooo sick and have almost no impact on my anemia. Floradix not only works well, but it doesn't have all the nasty side effects. I was almost at the point of needing injections with my last pregnancy. Floradix was my last-ditch attempt to avoid them. After a couple weeks of it, I felt a lot better and saw a significant improvement in my iron levels.

It *is* pretty gross, though. The doses aren't huge, so I used to hide it in a little bit of juice and shoot it like tequila. The juice doesn't completely kill the taste, but it makes it a lot more tolerable. I'd much rather feel sick for a minute or two from the aftertaste of the Floradix than for hours after taking an iron pill that doesn't even work for me.
sarchamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:15 AM   #9
Layney82
Registered Users
seller

I tried Floradix but couldn't keep it down...it tasted so bad that I threw it up every time. I have done ok with ferrous gluconate, but it does give me an upset stomach.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:09 AM   #10
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've used it. I hated the way it tastes but it does the trick

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote