Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2011, 11:54 PM   #1
hippieintraining
Registered Users
seller

quick co-sleeping question(s)

1. With a newborn, does your DH sleep in the same bed? If so, how big is your bed, and is baby inbetween you or are you in the middle?
2. As your baby gets older (and eventually has a 'bedtime'), do you go to sleep at the same time as them? Naps? Do you nap with them as well?
3. Do you sleep better when you're co-sleeping?

Thanks!!

Advertisement

My ISO/IHA
hippieintraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:05 AM   #2
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: quick co-sleeping question(s)

1. Yes DH sleeps in the same bed. We currently have a queen...but getting a King in April. Depends on what side baby is nursing...she is either in the middle or I am in the middle. We use to have her in the middle all the time and DH and I would switch sides everytime she wanted to eat. But decided to make her move!

2. Baby starts off the night in her own bed and then moves to our bed the first time she wakes in the nights. She naps in the pack and play down stairs

3. NO I do not sleep better when I am co-sleeping. I feel like it wakes her everytime DH moves. I would much rather have her sleep in her own bed...heck sleep completely throught the night! But having her in bed with us is much easier on the night feedings.
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:22 AM   #3
Erinne
Registered Users

1. DH has always been in our bed with us. It was actually easier in the beginning because DD didn't take up as much room. We have a queen, and dd sleeps either between us or on the edge depending on which side she's nursing from.
2. I stay in bed with her (that's where I am right now, actually!), but usually stay up online or watching a movie or whatever for a while. It would be nice to be able to get up sometimes, but she has a 6th sense for if I do!
3. We've never not coslept, so I can't say for sure how I'd sleep, but I sleep fine with her. I did try putting her in the crib, actually, for one night when she was about 6 months and I didn't sleep at all for the half hour or so that it took for her to wake up and cry, so I guess I can say that I sleep better with her. You really get used to it and it's not as hard as you'd think.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:30 AM   #4
aylasmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erinne
1. DH has always been in our bed with us. It was actually easier in the beginning because DD didn't take up as much room. We have a queen, and dd sleeps either between us or on the edge depending on which side she's nursing from.
2. I stay in bed with her (that's where I am right now, actually!), but usually stay up online or watching a movie or whatever for a while. It would be nice to be able to get up sometimes, but she has a 6th sense for if I do!
3. We've never not coslept, so I can't say for sure how I'd sleep, but I sleep fine with her. I did try putting her in the crib, actually, for one night when she was about 6 months and I didn't sleep at all for the half hour or so that it took for her to wake up and cry, so I guess I can say that I sleep better with her. You really get used to it and it's not as hard as you'd think.
This exactly

Foggy Knits WAHM Page Foggy Knits Facebook
aylasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:53 AM   #5
Pyrodjm
Registered Users
seller
seller

1. Yes, we all sleep in the same bed. As a newborn baby sleeps between me and the wall or between me and the crib when we side-carred it. We have done this i king and queen beds.
2. My babies go to sleep the same time as I do. If they fall asleep first, I lay them in bed and just continue what I'm doing until, I'm ready to go to bed.
3. Absolutely! No worry what that noise was, no getting up to make sure my infant is breathing, no waking up to breastfeed and since my babies sleep so well snuggled against mommy, there is no waking up to soothe a fretting babe.
Pyrodjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:23 AM   #6
missdawn25
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

1. We sleep in the same bed, it's king size and dd sleeps in the middle between us.
2. I bring dd in with me when I go to bed, she usually falls asleep nursing on my lap a bit before I go to bed, so I just let he sleep on my lap until I go in. Ds is almost 3 and we put him to bed in his bed ( a twin mattress on the floor of our room) at his bed time and we come in later.
3. We have always co-slept. I think I would sleep worse with her not with me...I wake with worry if she has slept longer than usual and keep checking to be sure she is breathing (she is almost 9 months old) I am a worrier though. We dis put ds in his own room for a bit ans he would wake screaming and come intop our room or wait for us to come get him...that was much worse than having him in our room.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:15 AM   #7
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippieintraining
1. With a newborn, does your DH sleep in the same bed? If so, how big is your bed, and is baby inbetween you or are you in the middle?
2. As your baby gets older (and eventually has a 'bedtime'), do you go to sleep at the same time as them? Naps? Do you nap with them as well?

Thanks!!
1. Yes we were all in the same bed. She switched sides based on nursing in the night. It is a king bed and DH slept on the edge of his side and we had the other 2/3s. Now that she is older we all snuggle a little closer but she mostly sleeps closer to me than DH.

2. Well my baby is a terrible napped and sleeper, not sure if it is her nature or because of co sleeping. She generally naps on me, either in a carrier or on the couch and I use my iPad or watch a tv show. At bed time I usually let her fall asleep on me as well and we all hang on the couch nd me and DH watch shows. If I need to put her in a bed so we can do stuff I put her in her crib or the king. She generally wakes up within an hour if I do that.

3. It is a toss up. Sometimes I wish I could have my bed back and she would just STTN in her own crib, but I. Know that wouldn't happen and I would be getting p all night going to her room and trying to get her back to bed so I just keep her with me as it is easier.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:10 PM   #8
nalazimbala
Registered Users
seller

1. With a newborn, does your DH sleep in the same bed? If so, how big is your bed, and is baby inbetween you or are you in the middle? When DD & DS were itty bitty (first 6 weeks or so) they both slept on me. Then when they got a bit bigger, they lay between me and the edge of the bed (we have a bed rail on my side). I don't put them btw me & DH until they are older...maybe around 7-9 months. DH is a super sound sleeper and moves a good bit in the night so I don't want the little ones next to him until they can kick a bit to keep him away or wake me up. Oh and we have a queen which is ok for 3 but when DD wants in bed too, i sometimes feel like a sardine.

2. As your baby gets older (and eventually has a 'bedtime'), do you go to sleep at the same time as them? Naps? Do you nap with them as well? We have a crib mattress on the floor in our room...when DS is ready for bed, I'll nurse him then lay him down on it. If he wakes before I'm ready for bed, i either nurse him back down or just take him in the den & hold him while i watch tv/play online. When DD was little, she would only nap w/ me...she would take great naps in the moby. Later we got an Amby & she slept great init (although now they've been recalled). DS has been much easier...I've been able to lay him down to nap from early on, but he would sleep longer if i held him.

Like PP, I think so...other than when they've been sick or teething, we've slept pretty well. I can't imagine getting out of bed every time they wantedto nurse (mine are heavy night nursers)...especially in winter.
Thanks!!