Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-26-2011, 08:41 AM   #1
kimmiepie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question *Update #25*Fetus coming out after miscarriage?? *sensitive information*

Okay ladies, this is so weird and I need to talk to someone about this right away!

I had a 5 week miscarriage that ended on January 18 (bled from 12-18). I became fertile almost right away and have already ovulated (2 days ago-a week after my miscarriage). BEFORE the miscarriage (the day before to be exact) I had gone in for an ultrasound due to spotting and some pain. They saw no sack, or anything related to a baby. Although I was definitely pregnant as evidenced by 6 positive pregnancy tests, and during the miscarriage they got lighter until they went negative on day 3. I checked again on day 7, and yep, definitely negative.

Okay, so I ovulated 2 days ago, my temps are back to normal etc. A minute ago I felt a "gush" so I went to the bathroom. It was just some creamy/sticky CM but when I looked closer there was a little "pebble" on my panties. (**TMI**) I picked it up and looked closely. It looks EXACTLY like a 5 or so week old fetus!! This wasn't imagined after examining it for a while, this was immediate upon looking at it. I would have never expected such a thing, already being into my next cycle. It's very tiny (smaller than an appleseed, probably about 1/2 the size if it is a normal sized apple seed), but it has the curved shape with the tail, the big head that bends down, two tiny leg buds, and two tiny arm buds and an indention where it looks like where an eye would be. Seriously, I am not crazy. It is very real.

Can something like this even happen? Why was it in there for so long? It is "hardened", sort of like petrified I guess, but could definitely break if pressed on too hard..so it's not as hard as a rock.

I just don't even know what to think. I tried doing a search but nothing would come up.

Advertisement

Last edited by kimmiepie; 01-26-2011 at 12:41 PM.
kimmiepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:52 AM   #2
Taylor
Registered

Re: Fetus coming out after miscarriage?? *sensitive information*

I can't offer you anything as to whether or not what you think is your baby is possible.

I do know that a close friend of mine did find her baby after a miscarriage at 11 weeks. It looked much like you described (she showed photos), but a little more developed.

I'm sorry, mama.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:07 AM   #3
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

I'm so sorry this has happened. Personally, I have no real life experience with this. But, I would say it is possible. It only makes sense that if your body starts growing it, and it dies (I'm sorry that sounds so harsh) that it has to come out somehow. I would guess that most women who experience m/c DO pass the fetus, but perhaps not many actually SEE it. I would think it ususally passes during the bleeding. But if it didn't it would eventually still have to come out. KWIM?

Again, I am so so so sorry.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:07 AM   #4
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:

If you still have it you could take it into your dr and he could have it sent to a lab for determination. I used to work for an OB and believe it or not, we had women bring in what they felt were miscarried babies from time to time. Sometimes it actually was an embryo, others it was just hardened endometrial tissue. One time, a woman brought in her 14 week old fetus in a tupperware with a lid. We didnt know she was coming but my boss examined it in the office and it definitely was her baby.

GL mama,

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:24 AM   #5
kimmiepie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies.

I have no doubt now that this is actually our baby. It's just SO obvious. It just doesn't make sense to me that it wouldn't come out with the bleeding, and that it would come out "hardened" so much later. I've never heard of anything like that before so I was shocked.

I don't know if I feel the need to have it tested or not. Without insurance (and we use midwives, not an OB) I would think it would be too costly, and I'm not sure how it would help me any. Part of me wants to just to KNOW for sure, but I really already know myself. Not sure if dh will believe it, or see what I see or not. I hope he does though.

I wish I could get a picture, but my camera is not great at all. Not sure if anyone here would want to see it anyway.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:29 AM   #6
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiepie View Post
Thanks ladies.

I have no doubt now that this is actually our baby. It's just SO obvious. It just doesn't make sense to me that it wouldn't come out with the bleeding, and that it would come out "hardened" so much later. I've never heard of anything like that before so I was shocked.

I don't know if I feel the need to have it tested or not. Without insurance (and we use midwives, not an OB) I would think it would be too costly, and I'm not sure how it would help me any. Part of me wants to just to KNOW for sure, but I really already know myself. Not sure if dh will believe it, or see what I see or not. I hope he does though.

I wish I could get a picture, but my camera is not great at all. Not sure if anyone here would want to see it anyway.
If you manage to get a picture, I will look at it and give you my opinion. Maybe having someone else see what you see will make you feel better? I imagine it's not exactly the kind of thing you can call your friend to come look at with you... (or at least I don't have any friends that close)

Do you think maybe doing a little "service" type thing for your baby will help you? Maybe you could bury it? Do you think doing something like that would help you with some closure?

I don't know why your body would hold onto it. But I do think our bodies sometimes know more than we do. Whatever the reason, it's ok. And I think you need to know that your feelings are ok, too. Take some time to process through them mama.

Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:39 AM   #7
Loveme2x
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have no idea how this could have happened, but I wanted t offer up my eyes as well if you think it would help you to get more verification. I'm so sorry I had an m/c over the summer at 8 weeks, actually lost the fetus in my panties, but the entire sac was still intact so I couldn't see my bay much.
.married to my BFF (9/05).
cautiously with #2 (7/1/11)
Loveme2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:46 AM   #8
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Did you have an ultrasound after the miscarriage?

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:50 AM   #9
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

as a midwife, what you are explaining sounds right on. when you got the US, baby was probably sitting low by the opening of the uterus or in the cervical canal.
as you contracted, it was released.

I myself lost a baby at 6 weeks but saw no baby, only a fairly large placenta that started to form. very odd.
growth happens at all different rates.

I have seen babies the size you are speaking of as well as them up to 9 weeks.
I hope this gives you pease in what you have gone thru. I would wrap the baby and bury them next to some flowers outside or a tree. then when it blooms, you will be reminded
Old 01-26-2011, 09:51 AM   #10
mamaratliff
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I do think it's very possible. Who knows the mysteries of how our bodies work? I would probably buy it under a tree if it were me. Maybe plant a pretty bush or plant there as well to remember?