Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2011, 08:07 AM   #11
meganne79
Registered Users
seller

Re: Tube tying remorse...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guccimouse View Post
Do any of you moms know how much the avg IVF procedure costs?
I'd say average is about $20K. Can be more or less depending on any other procedures such as ICSI, any testing you need, etc.

Advertisement

RN/CNM Student/SAHM to Maggie 03-23-06,
Nora 04-06-09, and Ben 05-03-11
meganne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:24 AM   #12
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganne79 View Post
I'd say average is about $20K. Can be more or less depending on any other procedures such as ICSI, any testing you need, etc.
especially if the reason for need is simply because your tubes are tied (and it was your decision, not for medical reasons). I don't think insurance is likely to cover it at all for that purpose
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:32 PM   #13
AnnaG01
Registered Users
seller

*hugs* I almost consented to getting my tubes this pregnancy since it'll be my 4th c-sec but I just told my doctor at my last appt that I changed my mind...I don't want to make an emotional decision and regret it later.
Riley (6), Skyler (4) , Payton (2) & our new baby Quinn Mackenzie My Blog
AnnaG01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:29 AM   #14
Guccimouse
Registered Users
seller

Yes I won't suggest getting tubes tied to any women ever again. There is an innate need for a woman to know that she can conceive. It's in her very nature to be a mother, to nurture, to love a child, and from what I have experienced so far tube tying just crushes those feelings and the thought that I will never be able to conceive naturally again is a bit depressing.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:47 AM   #15
mamaerinx3
Registered Users
seller

Wow...where were you ladies a couple years ago!?!? I agree, I will never let any woman I know tie her tubes without letting her know everything that's involved! I too am so sad I can't have more, but after doing a little research it seems like I have PTLS (post tubal ligation syndrome)...basically your hormones change when you get your tubes tied. I have long, awful periods, migraines, night sweats, and I'll cry at every song on the radio within 10 days of my period! LOL I might add, my sister, SIL, and girlfriend all got theirs tied too (we had babies withing about 9 months of each other) and we all have terrible periods.

I am sooo sorry it's not reversable! There should be more informed consent before they just snip...I was always told I could change my mind but never told that anything else would happen at all and never told if it would be reversable or not. Good luck mama!
Old 01-29-2011, 10:21 AM   #16
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

my mom was in position once and had her tubes tied after me. She said at the time, she REFUSED to have more kids because of her situation. Situations changed and years later she wanted another child SO bad with her new (& much better) husband. Thankfully, she was able to reverse and conceive my sister. I was old enough to know what was going on and it's stuck with me. I'm very much against tubals because you just have no way of knowing what the future holds. I'm so sorry you are having regrets and hope you find a way to make your dreams of another child come true
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:26 AM   #17
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am so sorry you are feeling this way. Can I gently suggest you just decide to not worry about it right now? You are 4 months PP, hormones are still going hay-wire, and you have just had a relationship break-up, it's IMPOSSIBLE to know what you will or won't want in 3-5 years. It's impossible to know where you will be in those 3-5 years, you may meet a fantastic man who already has 2 or 3 kids of his own and decide you two don't want any together. Or you may have fantastic insurance that will cover it, or you may be with someone who has enough $$ that the cost isn't a big deal. There are just so many unknowns right now it's best to just not worry or think about it. RIght NOW certainly isn't the time to get PG again, so just wait until that time is here to find a solution. Take care of yourself and your kiddos and see what else life brings!
Old 01-30-2011, 10:55 AM   #18
Mommyof2Princesses
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Depending on where you go IVF is around $10k to $15k per shot. There is an awesome tubal reversal site (Chapel Hill in North Carolina) that does reversals for $6k I think. It might be worth a few minutes to go to their website and ask them about whether you could get your tubes untied. Not trying to plug because I didn't use them but I do look on their message board for info.
I went through a tubal reversal through the military this past Oct after 5 years of having them tied and I'm currently 5 weeks pregnant. So I totally understand your feelings, I regretted my decision shortly after as well.
Mommyof2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:23 AM   #19
wendow
Registered Users
seller

I would actually research tubal reversals and talk to someone who does those. My dh had a vasectomy after the birth of our 2nd baby. The doctor who did his vasectomy told my dh it was not reversible...well, after a few years, I decided I wanted to see if it could be reversed. We called a doctor who JUST does vasectomy reversals and he said we had a good chance of a reversal working. So, we did it and I'm due with our 2nd vasectomy reversal baby in March (we've actually been pregnant 3x since the reversal but lost one).

A tubal reversal would cost you less than 1 cycle of IVF and you have the option of more than one baby without having to do IVF for each and every pregnancy.

I always caution anyone against vasectomies and tubals...most don't want to hear my warnings...but I always try b/c feelings & life situations do change.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:32 AM   #20
Mobrevic
Registered Users
seller

Location: In the wonderful Black Hills....if you like that sort of thing. Me I perfer the beach.
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guccimouse View Post
Do any of you moms know how much the avg IVF procedure costs?
A friend of mine is going through this right now and she said it will cost approx $25 grand so if it doesn't work they won't be trying again.

GL mama!

I know how you feel when my DD was tiny (17months now) I was positive we were done and didn't want more. My DH was positive also so he agreed to get snipped. Now that she is older I wish we wouldn't have done it. I want another already so bad I almost could cry. I know I was just as persuasive as he in him getting cut so I cannot blame him. I may have semi pushed him because he was nervous about a Dr messing down there....and I told him it was NO big deal people do it all the time yada yada...I researched it for him the whole 9 yards...so he went and did it.

We have never talked about reversing it he might think I was crazy.
Mobrevic is offline   Reply With Quote