Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2011, 08:18 AM   #11
starsandlollipops
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Water, water, water! How much water?

I drink nothing but water, so I drink probably around a gallon every day.. I have to pee a lot!

Advertisement

Old 01-27-2011, 09:14 AM   #12
Boheme
Registered Users
Formerly: happyve**n
seller

My Mood:

I use a quart jar for my drinking glass so it's easy to measure my water intake based on how many times I fill it up. I always drink 1 quart of water before bed or during the night, I drink another quart upon rising in the morning, and then drink at least another 4 quarts throughout the day. So a total of around 1.5 gallons on an average day. But I don't drink anything else, either, so that's it for my daily fluid intake.

I've always been a water drinker, though, as we didn't drink milk or sodas or anything when I was growing up as a kid. It was water, or unsweetened iced tea. I was probably the only 5 year old ordering iced tea with her Happy Meal.

Boheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:17 AM   #13
starsandlollipops
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyvegan View Post
I use a quart jar for my drinking glass so it's easy to measure my water intake based on how many times I fill it up. I always drink 1 quart of water before bed or during the night, I drink another quart upon rising in the morning, and then drink at least another 4 quarts throughout the day. So a total of around 1.5 gallons on an average day. But I don't drink anything else, either, so that's it for my daily fluid intake.

I've always been a water drinker, though, as we didn't drink milk or sodas or anything when I was growing up as a kid. It was water, or unsweetened iced tea. I was probably the only 5 year old ordering iced tea with her Happy Meal.
That's my kids now

I grew up w/ a vegan momma, so soda wasn't something I was even familiar w/ until I was in Jr. High. I loved those little eden soy milk boxes growing up, that was a BIG treat for me!
Old 01-27-2011, 10:17 AM   #14
jpsgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Dr. told me that I needed at least 72 oz. a day. I have a reusable cup with a straw that is 16 oz...I take that thing everywhere with me. I try to drink at least 5 of those, but as long as I always have it by my side I usually drink more.
jpsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:17 AM   #15
Tippytoe
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsandlollipops View Post
I drink nothing but water, so I drink probably around a gallon every day.. I have to pee a lot!
See, I used to drink 4, 32 oz. bottles of water every day. Whether I was preg or not. And I used to pee a lot!!! So that is why I know that I am not drinking enough because I do not pee a lot anymore I don't know what happened after I stopped nursing. I just lost the desire for water. There honestly have been days, before this preg, that I would wonder when the heck was the last time I had a glass of water. I've even tried the Crystal Light packets. I really want sweet tea, but I worry about all the caffeine.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:19 AM   #16
starbug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsgirl View Post
...but as long as I always have it by my side I usually drink more.
That's a good point. If you always have water with you it makes it easier.
I think I drink about 8 8oz glasses a day.
starbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:40 AM   #17
mamamegan841
Registered Users
seller

I have a 32 ounce water bottle and I try to make sure that I drink 2 of those full every day, plus I will drink another glass (or 2) of water with dinner just to be on the safe side.
mamamegan841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:44 AM   #18
Salidwyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyvegan View Post
This is my DH, mainly though because at restaurants when he was growing up, iced tea was the only thing that had unlimited refills. He can sit down and drink 5-6 glasses with every single meal because of that.

I've been on a chocolate milk kick (yes, I know it's chocolate, but I hate the taste of regular milk so at least I'm drinking milk) and have been drinking 2 16 oz glasses of that a day lately, so that's cut back on my water intake. I'm bad at water. I'll usually down 2-3 16 oz glasses a day, so I'm below what's recommended, but I've always been a bit of a camel and will drown myself in water once a week when I feel really dehydrated.

I don't drink anything else besides water and milk though, to be fair. When we go out to eat somewhere, I only get water, I just don't drink a lot when I'm eating. I cut a lot of soda out of my diet back in high school and it was the best thing I ever did. I'll drink it on occasion now, but with my stomach being where my lungs are suppose to go, the bubble are extremely uncomfortable.

The best thing you can do is just keep a glass of water by you all day. You'll sip on it a lot more that way. I don't worry as much about the quantity of water I've been drinking as long as I've been sipping on it all day and my pee stays no darker than a light yellow.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:17 PM   #19
luvnmyfamily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Of just water I drink at least 3 but usually 4 32 oz nalgene bottles... so from 96 to 128 oz. I usually have 2 cups of coffee, and s couple glasses of juice. It's really hard to stay hydrated, but I feel rotten if I don't so I just force myself.... As soon as I get dehydrated, I start contracting, and we can't have that.... I got myself 2 bottles that I carry everywhere I go full of water, and it really helps remind me to drink.... Besides that I am ALWAYS thirsty!!!! Isn't anyone else thirsty all the time????
luvnmyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:38 PM   #20
mama21
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I drink a ton. I'd suggest chugging though, not sipping. If you don't like the taste of water, just down a glass every couple of hrs or so. So maybe within 10-15 seconds or so you can get in 8 oz without having to sip on that amount for an hr or two. This is a quicker way to get more water in your body.

Yeah, I pee a lot too.

Bikram yoga lover and CD addict
mama21 is offline   Reply With Quote