Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2011, 07:58 AM   #11
mamamaggie
Registered Users
seller

Re: May Flowers Chat Jan 27th

Morning. Not much going on around here except the weather has taken a warm turn so we have been getting outside for walks. I am also still buying too much fluffly stuff for both the new one and dd. I am also waiting on one package that was shipped two weeks ago and when I contacted the seller she said it was returned to her as having bad packaging and she would mail it out again. Um, shouldn't she have done that when she got it back like a week ago? urgh.

AOTD: I am terrible at metaphors like this. I love everyone's answers. I think I would be a Kashi cereal. Trying hard to be healthy and natural, but really still owned by Kellogs and terribly mainstream.

Jules- Did you see my reply to you on the boy's name thread? I am very curious about your names since I too thought my daughter had a really unusual name, and yet here is another one.

Advertisement

Old 01-27-2011, 11:38 AM   #12
MamaSarahMay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jules-I hope you aren't getting sick!! Have fun baking!

Tara- I just love that band. I am hoping to catch them in concert soon. They are a brother and sister duo. So good! I love me some fruity pebbles too

Nicole-Ahhh!!! You are freaking me out talking about the 2 week visits next...scary! Where did the time go?

A-I don't see why circular knitting needles would be not allowed in court. I don't see how they would be a weapon

Merissa-I'd love to see a pic of that case! Sounds neat! Hope you score some good deals at the consignment shops!

Blonde-I had a yeast infection earlier in the pregnancy and they told me all I could do was over the counter Monistat and it cleared it up. I am on antibiotics now for my sinus infection and I was the dummy who didn't follow my OBs advice and take a probiotic so I think I have a yeast infection as well. I'm going to get another thing of monistat to get rid of it. I'm not sure if your OB would want to see you or not though. I'd just give them a call just in case.

AFM-We are still working with DS on potty learning. It's frustrating. He was doing pretty well with peeing on the potty (but still would rarely tell me when he had to go, he would just hold it until I put him on the potty) until he got sick and was put on antibiotics. The meds gave him horrible horrible runny diarrhea and it was getting all over everything (including our brand new carpet) so we took a step back from the potty learning while he was on the meds. Since hes been off of them (a week or so) he has been doing pretty good with going on the potty (still not pooping on it though-that has always been a struggle) but the past few days he has decided to start peeing in his underwear again. Im getting tired of changing pee pee underwear and pants. The rewards thing doesnt work for him. He could care less about the M&Ms and sticker chart. Everyone says maybe he just isnt ready. We tried a couple of other times before and he never got the hang of it so we backed off and this time he showed interest so we figured it was perfect so we could get him fully in underwear before Caleb comes. I am so frustrated and don't know what to try.
Sarah~ Wife to Scott since 2/5/2005, Mommy to Alexander 9/4/2007 Our little miracle Caleb Joseph 4/18/2011 and our sweet little Angels in Heaven 10/2009 and 7/2010 Cautiously expecting #3 in March 2014!
MamaSarahMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:24 PM   #13
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey Jules...hehehehe....if you're in the mood to bake, these are AWESOME.....I even tagged you in it...ROFL!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1428310968
Old 01-27-2011, 02:23 PM   #14
mama21
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesboch View Post
Good Morning:wave2:!

Sucking down vitamin C as fast as my body will let me. I feel a cold coming on and I just can't be sick! Other than that I am getting ready for school and the girls and I are going to bake a bunch of cookies! I have the baking bug bad, and the weird thing is is that I don't really want to eat it. I just enjoy the making it part? Must be a weird nesting thing. Hoping DH comes home this weekend but not entirely hopeful since I heard through the grapevine that there have been a few set backs during training.:
Hope you get better. Baking sounds like fun. maybe I'll think of something good for the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondeviolin View Post
Quick question: I think I have a yeast infection. Do I have to contact my OB or is there something I can do to treat it? It popped up yesterday and I thought I'd wait around and see how it was today. Yep...still there.
Technically, if you haven't had one before, you're supposed to see the Dr first before treating. But, yeah, typically the over the counter monistat seems to work for me. My sister had a bad allergic reaction to the stuff though so she needs a prescription. I've had the prescription before too and it works FAST and not messy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSarahMay View Post
AFM-We are still working with DS on potty learning. It's frustrating. He was doing pretty well with peeing on the potty (but still would rarely tell me when he had to go, he would just hold it until I put him on the potty) until he got sick and was put on antibiotics. The meds gave him horrible horrible runny diarrhea and it was getting all over everything (including our brand new carpet) so we took a step back from the potty learning while he was on the meds. Since hes been off of them (a week or so) he has been doing pretty good with going on the potty (still not pooping on it though-that has always been a struggle) but the past few days he has decided to start peeing in his underwear again. Im getting tired of changing pee pee underwear and pants. The rewards thing doesnt work for him. He could care less about the M&Ms and sticker chart. Everyone says maybe he just isnt ready. We tried a couple of other times before and he never got the hang of it so we backed off and this time he showed interest so we figured it was perfect so we could get him fully in underwear before Caleb comes. I am so frustrated and don't know what to try.
We're still working on this too. He's doing pretty well for the most part as long as I (or his teachers) CONSTANTLY take him. But, he'll just pee in his pants if I wait too long to take him. He occasionally will poo in his potty too, but usually just does this in his trainers/undies.

I had a chiro appt yesterday. YAY My main complaint was that my lower digestive track seems to be on "stagnation" mode lately. So, she found out the problem and after many snap/crackle/pop adjustments, I think I'm okay. Then on my drive home, I noticed that I was getting a cold sore So, I looked up on Babycenter if it was okay to take Valtrex while preggers and looks okay, so started taking it. (I have a bottle at home) Anyway, today it's going away already. Phew! It barely swelled up at all. Not like the fat lip I usually get! My throat has been a bit scratchy the past few mornings so I must have been fighting something.

Anyway, got more fluffy mail this week! Some custom trainers and dipes from a Canadian WAHM (she made the diaper in my avatar). LOVE them! I also had some wipes made from a WAHM on here. They're so adorable and PLUSH! I'm not sure I want to use them to wipe butts! I put some in the kitchen to use for faces/hands.

AOTD: Not sure. I'm not that creative. But, my favorite cereals tend to be crunchy...like granola or grapenuts. I really like Kashi stuff, but have to be really anal about reading labels on that stuff. They add soy (protein) to a lot of their products and I can't eat that or will most definately be "backed up".

Bikram yoga lover and CD addict
mama21 is offline   Reply With Quote