Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-29-2011, 06:33 PM   #11
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tired of my belly being the talk of the town

I can so relate. I get the you couldn't possibly make to whatever month I'm due, or is there twins, or wow, I've heard it all. A couple of days ago I was volunteering at the food bank and a young women came around the corner and said, "You're big." I was surprised, I turned 5 months that days and had my coat on buttoned up.

Advertisement

Old 01-29-2011, 08:23 PM   #12
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh my DH would never say anything like that he KNOWS better! He said to me earlier this week "You might hate me for saying something, but your belly looks pretty cute." He knows I hate being a center of attention though (thank god someone does!)

Annabelle, I think coats might make it worse- I had a random guy ask me on the elevator if I was 7 months (this was a month ago, I was 4 months and barely even showing yet!!!) but I had my coat on and buttoned and I think it might have accentuated it a little? I hope?
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:00 AM   #13
wonton
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well it sorta goes both ways.
I get the opposite remarks about looking "too small"!
I dont go out a ton and I dont really have run ins w/people to get any comments but Ive had a couple.
Once when I was 6months and the flight attendant was also pregnant and she was surprised I was 6 months because of the size of my belly. Saying I was carrying "WIDE" (gee thanks).
Then recently at my son's Dr, office where I was 40 weeks and the nurse said "you look like you need 4 more weeks, dont worry they will induce you next week!"
Really? Thanks, umm no thanks!
Believe me Ive gained enough weight to have a larger belly than what Ive got and she is HEAVY, it aint no picnic!

Either way comments about being "really big" or not "big enough" suck.
It seems like being pregnant is an open invitation to say whatever they want about you. Some people just open mouth w/o thinking.