Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-29-2011, 05:26 AM   #11
MrsJordan85
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How did you get turned on to cloth diapers?

DS was a super heavy wetter, especially at night and we could NOT find a solution. I was talking about it to a few friends from church, and one of them said "have you considered or tried cloth?"
WHAT??!?!?!?! People actually USE cloth?
She proceeded to tell me all about it, BTW she has the only cd service in the Dayton area so she hooked me up with some prefolds (yes, prefolds!) and BSWW to try overnight. Guess what? IT WORKED! I was hooked, and online shopping I went...
Now I am FAR more addicted than my friend, and she just laughs at me every time I show her a new diaper

Advertisement

Old 01-29-2011, 05:31 AM   #12
Luvingmy4boys
Registered Users
Formerly: sahmto3boys
seller

My Mood:

I started cloth diapering when my now 4 yr old was almost 1yr old. I never in a million years would have thought I'd like cloth diapering. The thought of dealing with a poopy diaper I couldn't throw away was just disgusting. I tried it out of desperation to find a diaper that wouldn't make his bum raw and bleed. It didn't matter what kind of sposie I bought, he would be ok for a few days and then break out really bad. I did a bit of research and came across the cloth diapering board on BabyCenter and they referred me here to Diaperswappers. I bought some BG 2.0s that were on clearance at the time and the old style pointy tab Fuzzi Bunz which were also on clearance so I got a great price on a decent stash. When they arrived, I thought they were so cute, my son's bum healed nicely and he wasn't breaking out like he was before. I then had my now 3 yr old and because of the cost of disposables for 2 and the great containment of those explosive breastfed poos, I cloth diapered him too and well here I am. Addicted to cloth and used them on 3 kiddos. I don't have my initial stash and I still use sposies for night-time and going out for long periods of time or vacation but I use cloth about 95% of the time.

Last edited by Luvingmy4boys; 01-29-2011 at 05:33 AM.
Luvingmy4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:04 AM   #13
addicteddad
Registered Users

When SO was pregnant, I saw an ad for best bottoms in a magazine. The adorable look piqued my interest, the money savings made me do more research, and all the info available here and elsewhere online sealed the deal.
addicteddad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:20 AM   #14
divabeadz
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: In a turn of the century farmhouse with my 2 favorite people!

I just always knew I would would rather put fabric against a babies tender new skin...but when it came time, I didn't know where to find cloth diapers so there was a time when dd was in sposies exclusively until I decided to sit down on the computer and research it.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:31 AM   #15
JamesWife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With my first son I knew nothing about it. I was young (20) and never raised around babies so I am shocked I could even put a sposie on the kid. A few years later I wanted to try to cd my 2nd son because my SIL asked me if I was going to. She is much more green than I was though I am catching up to her fast. My MIL was adamantly against it and told us alot of horror stories that scared the bejeezus out of us. After that I did not have DHs support and it didnt matter to me enough to do it. When my daughter was born in April I was looking in to cding again and I was super excited about it but DH was still really iffy. My SIL came to the rescue and bought my daughter her first stash (12 GMD WHs and Flip covers) and said to my husband "Its not your money so you cant get mad if it doesnt work." Well it is 7mos later and I still love it and have a much bigger stash now. DH and MIL are accepting now too.
edited to say- and saving my stash for SIL who is TTC (crossing fingers for a girl!) She has 4 older boys.

Last edited by JamesWife; 01-29-2011 at 06:34 AM.
JamesWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:05 AM   #16
renee_5608
Registered Users
seller

I had always been curious about CD but really didn't know much at all. We went to visit my family in Australia and my sister and quite a few of her friends were using CD and I saw just how easy they were and cute!! So when we I got pregnant with DS I decided to try it out. I was so intimidated at first, but now we love it. I actually love washing the diapers and pulling all that cute stuff out of the dryer.
renee_5608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:19 AM   #17
youngmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DH and I went to DC for our 2nd wedding ann. and spent the weekend with his friends. She had a 6mo little boy and has always been a "hippie" in my eyes:-) But when she took us sight seeing around Washington DC for 8 hours (subway, buses, eating out, walking, ect) She introduced me to breastfeeding, babywearing, and cloth diapers!
When we started TTC 2 years later I knew that I would be cd'ing! At the time I was the only one of my friends who did and I spent a LOT of time emailing her! Now I have 4 friends who've I've gotten hooked to fluff too that live by!
We love cloth diapers , but I am a non-crunchy mommy.#3 due in Oct
youngmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:50 AM   #18
Thenu
Registered Users
seller

When DS was 11 months old I came across an article about ECing and at the same time another one talking about the chemicals in sposies. That was the turning point for me and once I became a member of this website , I started using CDs full fledged.

Last edited by Thenu; 01-29-2011 at 09:31 AM.
Thenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:57 AM   #19
jennyjo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For me, it just seemed like the natural thing to do. I just couldn't imagine the mountains of trash and how stinky and scratchy sposies are. I must admit, have to use them off and on at night with my DD. I just can't seem to get the funk out of her night time inserts and the ammonia is burning her butt. I got my Rockin' Green Funk Rock yesterday, so let's keep your fingers crossed!
jennyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:08 AM   #20
Lisa921
Registered Users
seller

I never even considered it until one of my friends (whose ds is 2 months older than dd) introduced me to the idea and to modern cloth diapers. I dismissed the idea at that time, but then dd developed a rash from an "improved" type of disposables. I did some more research on cloth and decided to try prefolds at home. One year later, she is in cd at daycare, home, grandma's and everywhere else. I love it!