Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-17-2007, 04:52 PM   #1
kissy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Need help birthday ideas

For an 8 yr old boy who is turning 9 at the end of April. He wanted skating but I can't find any skating rinks around here that aren't booked. Anyone have older kids and do something special?

Advertisement

kissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 04:55 PM   #2
milehighmonkeys
Registered Users
Formerly: ultconsumer

Re: Need help birthday ideas

Do you have a paint your own pottery studio nearby?
Old 03-17-2007, 04:57 PM   #3
Shyla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Do a pirate themed party. Oh and make him find his treasure with clues. Today was my dd's birthday and we did that they had so much fun on the treasure hunt(she is only 7 but it was alot of fun, her first treasure was a crown his could be a compus or a boyish crown or a better sowrd than what the other kids have etc). You could do it at a park with eye patches and plastic sowrds and pirates hats (all from the dollar store) so it wont cost too much. you could make a treasure cake with golden coins on top. I have so many ideas of what you could do (if he likes pirates of course)

What type of things/ movies does he like and I can give you some ideas. My mom always did such special parties for me when I was a child and I will never forget the fun it was (once we had a teddy bear picnic, I was younger for this one) Also when is his birthday. If it is in summer you could do a water themed party with water guns and water balloons, etc) I have so many ideas (as long as you dont mind putting it together) just give me a little more info
ISO GMS & Wool:

Last edited by Shyla; 03-17-2007 at 04:59 PM.
Shyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 05:13 PM   #4
milehighmonkeys
Registered Users

On the pirate front, I made DD an eyepatch with a triangular piece of craft foam with the corners rounded and some 1/8" black elastic. Mythbusters did a pirate episode and we learned that pirates wore patches to keep one eye "in the dark" so that they could go below decks, switch the eyepatch to the other side and be able to see in the dark.

You could also get some skull fabric and cut it into bandana size squares and they could all have pirate do-rags.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:14 PM   #5
kissy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

These are both great ideas..A skate place just called and had a cancellation and now I got in..so we are going to have it there and then maybe just family go for dinner afterwards at his favorite restaurant Ham's..now I will just have to find him some great gifts..When your childs birthday is during the week and you have a weekend party do you do anything on their actual birthday? what do you do?
Old 03-17-2007, 05:16 PM   #6
kissy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Also my little one will be 4 months then..what do I do with him? I don't know that he will enjoy the skating rink..
Old 03-17-2007, 05:17 PM   #7
kissy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultconsumer View Post
On the pirate front, I made DD an eyepatch with a triangular piece of craft foam with the corners rounded and some 1/8" black elastic. Mythbusters did a pirate episode and we learned that pirates wore patches to keep one eye "in the dark" so that they could go below decks, switch the eyepatch to the other side and be able to see in the dark.

You could also get some skull fabric and cut it into bandana size squares and they could all have pirate do-rags.
That is very interesting..I like that alot..
Old 03-17-2007, 05:39 PM   #8
milehighmonkeys
Registered Users

Put him in a sling?