Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2007, 06:15 PM   #1
MommaBelt
waiting on response to fsot issue 4/11

that hussy touched my belly!!!

here's the set up

the kids were at my exes this past weekend for their monthly visit. Josh and I decided to go shoe shopping at the new shoe store they built in this new complex.. well as I'm looking around at these REALLY cute strappy sandles ( HA like my fat pregnant foot is going to fit in one of those ) this girl runs into me, and Josh goes "WHAT IN THE H*%&, what are YOU doing here?"
This girl immediately places her hands on my belly and give it a good rub, squealing like a kid in a candy shop! weird huh? what makes it EVEN weirder is that its Joshes EX, that WONT stop calling him, messaging both of us on myspace, etc. I wasnt quite sure what to do, So I politely stood through the awkward introduction and quickly darted out of the store...

dont you ahte it when people touch you?? or even ask.. and then act like your going to say yes anyway??

Advertisement

MommaBelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:16 PM   #2
kissy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: that hussy touched my belly!!!

That is really strange....I hated for people to touch my belly when I was pregnant..I think they should ask permission..
kissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:23 PM   #3
MamaZ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can't stand it....especially if it's an ex doing the touching.
MamaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:28 PM   #4
CokeLover
Registered Users
seller

It totally pisses me off when people touch my belly
CokeLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:40 PM   #5
lindsayncadence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OMG that would totally tick me off. I hated people touching my belly so I would start rubbing theirs as well to see how they liked it. Some kid came up to cadence today and touched her and I KNOW he was just a kid but ugh gross! I hate hate hate people touching me or my kid !!!
Old 03-14-2007, 07:01 PM   #6
fosterisacoolcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It is something about being preggo that people think it is ok to touch you or comment on your weight gain WTF? I found a maternity tee at somepoint that said "Don't Touch"
fosterisacoolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:50 PM   #7
Amy Jo
Registered Users
seller

I had an employee that asked if she could knock on my belly because she heard that it sounded like a watermelon inside. Wierdo...
Amy Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:08 PM   #8
ceilismom
Registered Users
seller

You know, nobody ever DARED touch my baby belly. I am just not the sort of person that people go around touching without permission. However, I feel for you. I hate having strangers touch me. That woman was totally out of line, and not just for touching your belly either. Had it been me, she'd have gotten "the look".

You could start practicing "the look" in the mirror (it's a sort of "don't even THINK about it" disdainful look, much like you'd give your DH if he were feeling frisky after having realkly ticked you off). Or you could go around with your arms crossed over your belly whenever you are in public.

Belly patting is one of the most aggravating things about being PG. Right along with all the old wives tales and outdated advice given by well-meaning people.
ceilismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:40 PM   #9
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

Apparently, I'm the weirdo. I loved having my pregnant belly touched! Granted, it wasn't my ex's ex or anything crazy like that! But I loved it when people rubbed my belly; it felt good! People would ask if they could rub it and I would sometimes scare them off by saying, "Heck, yeah! I'll show it to you if you want!"
Old 03-14-2007, 09:48 PM   #10
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer View Post
Apparently, I'm the weirdo. I loved having my pregnant belly touched! Granted, it wasn't my ex's ex or anything crazy like that! But I loved it when people rubbed my belly; it felt good! People would ask if they could rub it and I would sometimes scare them off by saying, "Heck, yeah! I'll show it to you if you want!"
That totally made me LOL I didn't mind for family to touch mine or close friends but was a lil annoyed when a complete stranger would just start rubbing my belly