Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2011, 06:25 AM   #1
Mama4Ways
Registered Users

Gender disappointment

Im just gonna say this.

I am still having a tough time knowing that Im pregnant with a girl. Im excited for her to come, am making all the girley stuff, am perfectly fine with it in a general sense, but I really would have preferred having a boy.

I feel a tinge of disappointment every time I tell anyone that the baby is a girl, or hearing that other people are having girls (im sad for them too...) and a bit of "you lucky stuck" if someone else is having a boy.

I feel really selfish and immature to feel this way, and questioning what the heck is wrong with me because the baby is HEALTHY and genetically intact and all of that.

I know that when she comes, Ill be totally in love and fall completely into raising a little girl again and all of that and everything, and this wont matter, but it's just such a big reality right now. And we will ttc again, so theres hope that I will have a boy next time.. but maybe not. That would suck LOL

I know that I cant possibly be the only one feeling this way.

So, Im just throwing it out there.

Advertisement

Old 01-30-2011, 08:19 AM   #2
mamamaggie
Registered Users
seller

Re: Gender disappointment

I kind of felt the same way, only I wanted a girl so dd would have a sister. My sister and I grew up very close so I thought it would be nice. I hardly talk to my brother. I wonder if your gender ambivilance is the reason you aren't sold on the name too?
Old 01-30-2011, 08:55 AM   #3
Mama4Ways
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamaggie View Post
I kind of felt the same way, only I wanted a girl so dd would have a sister. My sister and I grew up very close so I thought it would be nice. I hardly talk to my brother. I wonder if your gender ambivilance is the reason you aren't sold on the name too?
Good point, although nah. I felt this way LONG before the name thing, and the name I ABHOR for one of my kids is one of my son's names.

Ill get over it, I just know Im not the only one out there, and throwing it down helped me feel less guilty and miserably stupid.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:13 AM   #4
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I definitely know the feeling. I have wanted a girl since #1...and here I am having boy #3! I was definitely worst with DS2....I was bawling at the ultrasound!! You're right, you will adore her when she's here, but it's understandable to be disappointed. We can't help what we want
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:27 AM   #5
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I totally understand. I've been wanting a boy since DD#2, and it appears #4 is a girl as well (though u/s techs are not 100% sure). I'm also having a hard time picking a girls name. I have two names I really like, and can't decide which and I'm having a hard time picking a middle name to go with either. I know that I'll be really excited when this baby is born, girl or boy.

Last edited by staceyroo77; 01-30-2011 at 10:09 AM.
staceyroo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:40 AM   #6
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

due date club crashing.. but the title caught my attention I have GD, too. Had it with my second as well. I REALLY wanted a girl. REALLY bad. With DS1, I was fine either way cause he was hte first and I knew there would be more. With DS2, I cried at the ultrasound. I tried to hide it, but there were tears coming down and I couldn't stop them. It took me a little time, but I got past it. Now I am expecting baby #3 - boy #3. This is most likely out last unless the powers that be decide otherwise and sneak another one past us. It was/ is harder this time cause I am out of chances, so to speak. I had a feeling it was a boy about a week before I actually found out via ER ultrasound. I thought I was dealing ok with it until my SIL announced she is expecting a girl. She has a boy already and was hoping for a girl and she got it. It made me very jealous/mad/upset that she got her girl and I did not. I got boy#3. But, I am dealing with it and by the time he is here, I am sure I will be 100% over it. I am close right now because I started thinking of all the positives about having all one gender.
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:45 AM   #7
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No shame in it! I was set that we were having girl #3, and when I found out he was a boy, I was excited, but there was a bit of disappointment in there, cuz I really thought this one would be a girl. And then of course everyone pulling the whole "this one better be a boy" card....

You won't feel that way forever!
Old 01-30-2011, 10:20 AM   #8
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am not so much disappointed but just in complete disbelief! I still can't believe it is a boy! I had our girls name all picked and was all ready to see all the cute outfits on her that the DD's wore. I have wanted a boy but just never thought it would ever happen! Well now I am getting ready for a boy who is presently nameless since DH doesn't like anything (literally I run a name by him and it is shot down), or he has no opinion.

My girl would have been Sylvie Aurora *sigh* still love it... Hope I can find a name for this little guy eventually!
Old 01-30-2011, 10:36 AM   #9
Salidwyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Old 01-30-2011, 03:04 PM   #10
SchatziB
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sending hugs as well! If this baby had turned out to be a boy I would have written this post for you.

Well here we go again!
SchatziB is offline   Reply With Quote