Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2011, 08:49 AM   #1
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Do you share baby names? Why or why not?

I'm just curious if you share baby names or not, and reasons for your decision. I've always shared the names and the gender once we know both. This time I don't really want to share the gender, mainly b/c both u/s techs weren't 100% sure. As for the names, I have a boy name picked out, and have shared it with just a few people. We are still working on decided the girls name, or coming up with a couple of choices. I'm kind of wishing I hadn't shared any of my ideas. Mainly b/c I've been talking to a friend about names. I mentioned one name and she told me that it was another person list, so I should talk to that person and make sure she wouldn't be upset if I used it. I'm not close to this person, and she just had a baby boy, but the name I'm thinking of was on her girls list. I don't feel like I should have to check with her, so it kind of bugs me. I wouldn't even had know that if I had not talked to my friend about names. I think I'm done talking baby names with anyone other than DH and my mom.

Advertisement

Old 01-30-2011, 08:53 AM   #2
The*Fab*Four
Mama behind Jem*Jam Customs!
Formerly: Jem*Jam Customs
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you share baby names? Why or why not?

With 1 &2 ~ we shared gender and names
With #3 ~ we didn't know until she was born what she was and it took 1 1/2 days to decide on a name.
With #4 ~ we told the gender but we are not telling the name, I have c-sections so we pretty much when the baby is coming ~ so we figured the name is one surprise in the end
J{4.04}, J{11.05}, J {8.09}, J {3.11}
Sweet Baby Girl J will arrive the week of May 12th {34w} due to a Placenta Percreta.
The*Fab*Four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:02 AM   #3
emp1217
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We share gender, but not names. I run my thoughts on names by 1 or 2 of my friends, but we don't share with family. We didn't really want their opinions, and most people won't say anything once the name is attached to a cute little baby.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:02 AM   #4
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

We shared the gender & name with Luke. And took crap for his name until people finally decided to deal with it.

This time we will share the gender, but let people "suggest" names until after the baby is born & named.

We are REALLY clueless as to what we are going to name this child, we have ZERO names on any lists! Ha ha!

So, we're open to suggestions/comments, but won't share if/when we do pick a name.

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:03 AM   #5
megkmc
Registered Users

I like to tell the name after I have totally decided. When you get into listing potential names, people act like you are asking for their opinion on the matter, which I am NOT!

That sounds harsher than I meant it to be, I just want to decide a name on my own with out 100 people's opinions. I do discuss options with DH, my sister, and my bff.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:06 AM   #6
taralynnel
Registered Users
seller

Location: Monterey, CA (where ever the Marine Corps takes me)
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by emp1217 View Post
We share gender, but not names. I run my thoughts on names by 1 or 2 of my friends, but we don't share with family. We didn't really want their opinions, and most people won't say anything once the name is attached to a cute little baby.
same here. i dont' really want to hear what people have to say

with #1, we waited to find out the sex, so we did share boy/girl names

with #2 we did know the sex and shared that but not the name

with #3 we shared sex but didn't have a name picked out- it was between 2 so we did tell most ppl it will be either this or that

with the next one, we will probably find out sex, but not share the name.
Tara, lovin' wife to a United States Marine (Ray), and mommy to the E's: Emeline 9.23.03, Everett 6.29.05 & Elianna 3.20.08, missing my baby in heaven 7/11, my rainbows are here! Easton & Evangeline 10.22.12
taralynnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:11 AM   #7
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes we do, my Mom likes to call the baby by name and I like sharing names with people. I know with my youngest, Kairi, there were people that did not like it but I really do not care if people like the names as long as my husband and I do
whitneywalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:11 AM   #8
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We already have names picked for number 4 who is due in July. Amelia Jean for a girl and Benjamin Franklin for a boy.
whitneywalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:15 AM   #9
emp1217
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitneywalters View Post
We already have names picked for number 4 who is due in July. Amelia Jean for a girl and Benjamin Franklin for a boy.
I love the name Amelia
Old 01-30-2011, 09:17 AM   #10
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitneywalters View Post
DH's sister's name is Amelia Rose, she goes by Amy.