Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2011, 05:52 AM   #1
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:
May Flowers Chat Jan 31st.

Can you believe we are almost into February already?!?!?!?

I am astounded at how fast everything is going by! It seems like only yesterday morning we were all lamenting about M/S and dreaming of our U/S's. Well here we all are halfway through.

Well just getting ready for school and having my new battle each morning of trying to put on socks. I tip over very easily! DH is home this morning and am so glad since the ladies are extra rambunctious!!

Have a wonderful day

QOTD: What is the one thing you feel must get done before baby comes??

AOTD: I have to get the girls in their separate rooms! They are constantly waking each other up and if I can rectify that then more sleep will be had by all!

Advertisement

Old 01-31-2011, 06:36 AM   #2
cococomey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: May Flowers Chat Jan 31st.

Morning~
same ole' here today-

AOTD: I HAVE to clean out closets- get rid of items that I have just been stuffing and re organize! I am super anxious to get started.

cococomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:52 AM   #3
SchatziB
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a midwife appointment today that was rescheduled twice from last week. Once I was nervous about the snow and the next day they were closed down from it. Really hoping the call for "Ice Showers" stays away and I can get there and back. I do NOT drive serenely in winter weather and pregnancy hormones seem to up my panic!
~ I'm not sure if I need to anything. Get the clothes from the attic I suppose I have absolutely no "first time mom" nesting this round which is kind of a bummer. Knowing we'll cosleep this time has me uninspired about doing a nursery. Which leads me to not be into dragging everything out and prepping it. Hopefully the bug hits soon!

Well here we go again!
SchatziB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:21 AM   #4
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Jules - Have fun with your husband home today! Would be so nice!

Colleen - Would you like to come clean out my closets too? Actually, we've tackled most of them...just TWO MORE.

Claire - We're not doing a nursery with this babe either. He'll start out in a moses basket next to our (very low) platform bed. I'm sure by 6 mos he'll just sleep in our bed. I bet your nesting bug will still hit, though.

AFM - We are also double-checking to make sure we're prepared for the winter storm. They are predicting about a foot of snow here, which can be devastating for Oklahoma since we don't have that much usually (normally just a skiff) and we don't have the resources to handle that much snow AND the 45mph wind gusts that OK can produce combined. Our food is stocked, but I'm heading to the grocery store this morning anyway to make doubly sure we have everything. I need to put away a few things in our back yard... Our generator is ready to go but I need to double check that the gas we still have for it is too. Once (in 2007) we got so much ice that it crippled the city and we were without power for nearly two weeks.

I also need to call my OB and see about the spotting I had last night. I had a few contractions in the middle of the night (like 3), but no extra bleeding. Hyrum was active as I'd like and he even got the hiccups for the first time I could feel this morning! (I LOVE when they get the hiccups!) So I'm not too worried, but do want to be doubly sure everything's okay.

Hope everyone else has an eventful day! Those who are supposed to get blasted by this winter storm: Stay safe! Make sure you're prepared and ready for it today! It's supposed to be a big one!
Old 01-31-2011, 07:21 AM   #5
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

What is with these double posts randomly appearing lately?

Last edited by blondeviolin; 01-31-2011 at 07:26 AM.
blondeviolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:33 AM   #6
SchatziB
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Blonde- When might the storm hit you? This seems to have been a wacky winter for so many places!

Well here we go again!
SchatziB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:43 AM   #7
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchatziB View Post
Blonde- When might the storm hit you? This seems to have been a wacky winter for so many places!
We're supposed to start getting freezing rain this evening with a shift to snow around midnight.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:54 AM   #8
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am happy to report an uneventful night. Quite honestly I am shocked at how well I am sleeping here. Seems like forever till I will get to see my kiddos again...and hoping it is forever until I see these babies!

I need to get a new vehicle, order my arm's reach, and order my swings....

This storm is going to be crazy! Everyone have a good day and stay safe!
Old 01-31-2011, 08:29 AM   #9
chapmanrl6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We are waiting to see if we are going to get a storm here to. The pattern lately has been to have one once a week.

QOTD:
We need to move! We would like to find a bigger place before the baby comes, which may or may not happen. ODD's room is not big enough to accomidate her sister, and we need a bigger place over all. Finding something we really like on the other hand has been an issue.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:39 AM   #10
mamamaggie
Registered Users
seller

Hmm, things that need to be done. I need to rearrange the bedroom (we only have one) so that I can set up the co-sleeper next to the bed. This will probably cause some trouble with DD sleeping in her toddler bed until she gets used to it, so I plan to try that in march so we have time. Otherwise things will just fall into place. I have some clothes and diapers that were dd's, plus a used swing I found in December at OUAC in another city. Plus my MIL should be sending me all the boy stuff she had from dh as a baby. She is an honest to goodness hoarder and has kept everything. Serves us well sometimes, but we also get given a lot of junk. Oh, and I just this morning bought a double stroller as a splurge on Zulily. I never thought I would get one since I babywear, but I started thinking it was a good thing to have.