Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2011, 05:48 AM   #1
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
May Flowers Chat Jan 31st

Good morning!

Went to bed with a terrible headache last night. Tried to help DH with some quiz questions, but I was so sick...ugh.

Feeling a bit better this morning though - knock on wood! LOL! Gotta get out to get some basics before this monster of a storm gets here! Ned to call the pharmacy and see if DD2's script is there and if not call the peds office and make them call it in as her derm appt is tomorrow. UGH.

No idea for QOTD today...lol....

Advertisement

Last edited by mich*mommy; 01-31-2011 at 05:51 AM.
mich*mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:17 AM   #2
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: May Flowers Chat Jan 31st

MOrning! I had to do a little paperwork for DH this morning, so I am on the computer early! We are expecting ice, so I am planning to go to the grocery store today, too. I also have cupcakes to take to DD2s class, her birthday is tomorrow but I'm betting they have no school, so I want to do them today. Maybe we will get lucky and get no ice! I am hoping they are over-predicting this one!

I am so tired, I think I am needing more sleep again, not as bad as first tri, but definately more than I normally get. I Just feel so tired most days, and I don't think I should feel this tired. I am probably a bit anemic, too.

(The following may be TMI, please skip this paragraph if birth makes you squeemish)

Last week I had a little freak out about labor and delivery. I don't know why, really. I am not afraid of anything, I know what I am doing and I like both my Dr and the hospital I deliver at... but I decided I wanted to HB instead. I can't seem to find a mw anywhere, and DH is not on board but told me to figure out if it's a possibility. I don't know, the more I think about it the more I think I am suffering from 'birth trauma' from my second twin. Does anyone have any resources? It's weird b/c my logical self KNOWS that the birth went as well as it could, but the other part of me was really freaked out at the time, I mean really scared. Twin B was breech at the beginning, then when twin A came out he sort of flipped transverse and stuck his arm out. The Dr. pushed the arm back in, flipped baby head-down, and then used the vaccuum a little bit to help him down thru the pelvis a bit until I could push him out. He had heart decels for a while when all of this was going on, there were people EVERYWHERE (Ped., anesth., nurses for each baby and me, plus extra nurses, I had them at shift change and it seemed the room was FULL of people). I know that most Drs. would have just done the c-sec, and I really do appreciate my Dr. listening to my wishes and keeping it a vag. delivery... but at the same time it was so scary and traumatic (I did have an epidural, and I don't regret it!). For a long time I refused to even think about those 27 mintues between the twins. THe parts I Remember are just bits and pieces, my stomach looking like something off that alein movie as the Dr was repositining the baby. Glancing at my mom who was backed up against the wall w/ a look of horror on her face. Baby's heart deceling. The vaccuum thing shooting blood all over the room (like they had to replace ceiling tiles bad!) There was blood everywhere, it even got into my WALLET which was in my purse, on mom and DH's clothes, on our cameras, EVERYWHERE! My other two births were not like this at all, adn DH keeps reminding me that it's just one baby this time, there won't be all those people in there, I won't need any of those interventions, it will be peaceful like my previous birth was. I think a part of me knows this, but another part of me is still freaked out. I am working thru it, I need to visualize and read some more birth stories! It's just hit me in the last week or so that I will be delivering a baby in a few months... I think those PG hormones are starting to kick into gear and getting me mentally ready for birth. I just hope I can get ready, calm and in the right frame of mind to have a good birth.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:17 AM   #3
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

Double post! SOrry!

Last edited by Free Thinker; 01-31-2011 at 07:19 AM.
Free Thinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:45 AM   #4
mamamaggie
Registered Users
seller

Looks like we have two threads going today

Freethinker. You know it will turn out okay no matter what happens. keep looking into a homebirth if that helps, but your husband is right. It sounds like you have a great OB and he took good care during your last delivery. Birth is scary but try to think of the positive births. I wish I knew more resources to tell you about traumatic birth experiences.

Last edited by mamamaggie; 01-31-2011 at 09:50 AM.
mamamaggie is offline   Reply With Quote