Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
Silver)O(Moon
formerly 4boysMomma
seller

My Mood:
For those who have had twins...

What was your first clue that you were pg with twins? This pregnancy is so different for me, I got sick at 4 weeks and started showing at 6 wks. I am so exhausted I could sleep 12 hours a night and still need a nap. Its really making me wonder if there is more than one baby in there!

Advertisement

And wife to my amazing DH who supports me in all I do!
Silver)O(Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:53 AM   #2
lilsoldiersmommy
Registered Users
seller

I had no symptoms at all. I found out at my US. I had morning sickness with my single son for what seemed like forever. I have had no excess of symptoms with these up until even today( I am almost 35 weeks.) i haven't gotten sick once. I think every pregnancy is different.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:47 PM   #3
wendow
Registered Users
seller

Re: For those who have had twins...

Ok, haven't had twins but...My pregnancy symptoms have been so intense this pregnancy...m/s beginning at 4 weeks, tiredness like I have never felt before, showing very early (and I have measured much bigger this entire pregnancy), very high hCG & progesterone (even higher than normal twin pregnancies), very dark & early bfp...so we (including MW) thought there must be more than one in there. Early u/s only showed one so then we all thought the other had to be hiding...later u/s have still showed just one baby.

That one baby is big and my amniotic fluid levels are higher (cause baby is bigger) and so I am so big...I've been asked many times this pregnancy if I am having twins and I've never been asked that before. I swear there are days I still think there HAS to be more than one in there but in my head, I know there isn't. I'm 32 weeks and all my pregnancy symptoms are still so much more pronounced. I have read some of that has to do with hormone levels which I know mine were pretty high.

I think like the pp mentioned, every pregnancy is different. I know lots of twin mamas who say they didn't have a ton of symptoms and others who say they did.

Last edited by wendow; 01-31-2011 at 12:48 PM.
wendow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:47 PM   #4
Silver)O(Moon
formerly 4boysMomma
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendow View Post
Ok, haven't had twins but...My pregnancy symptoms have been so intense this pregnancy...m/s beginning at 4 weeks, tiredness like I have never felt before, showing very early (and I have measured much bigger this entire pregnancy), very high hCG & progesterone (even higher than normal twin pregnancies), very dark & early bfp...so we (including MW) thought there must be more than one in there. Early u/s only showed one so then we all thought the other had to be hiding...later u/s have still showed just one baby.

That one baby is big and my amniotic fluid levels are higher (cause baby is bigger) and so I am so big...I've been asked many times this pregnancy if I am having twins and I've never been asked that before. I swear there are days I still think there HAS to be more than one in there but in my head, I know there isn't. I'm 32 weeks and all my pregnancy symptoms are still so much more pronounced. I have read some of that has to do with hormone levels which I know mine were pretty high.

I think like the pp mentioned, every pregnancy is different. I know lots of twin mamas who say they didn't have a ton of symptoms and others who say they did.
Wow! That sounds like me! I had a blaring early BFP too. With DS3 I had really weird dizzy spells my first tri and I wondered about twins (they run in our family a bit) but it was one baby. But I have not thought about it since, until now. My family was making jokes this weekend since I am showing and getting so sick so early and just so tired that it was twins and it got me thinking. I know the chances are higher in moms over 35 and with subsequent pregnancies. I took a couple online quizzes that said my chances of having twins are higher because of several factors - age, # of pregnancies, weight at conception, morning sickness, level of exhaustion, weight gain in the first tri, etc. One said 45% and another just said I had "many indicators of a multiple pregnancy - check with your doctor". My first appt is on the 9th so I am going to ask him what he thinks! I'm sure its probably just one vigorous little babe in there, but you never know! Here is one of the quizzes I took just for fun if anyone else wants to take it!

http://multiples.about.com/library/s...nsignsquiz.htm
And wife to my amazing DH who supports me in all I do!
Silver)O(Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:57 PM   #5
SylvieP
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had extreme fatigue from weeks 3-10. My morning sickness/nausea was worse then with DS. I went on meds for it. I was spotting at week 6 and went for an U/S and thats when I found out.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:16 PM   #6
wendow
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver)O(Moon View Post
Wow! That sounds like me! I had a blaring early BFP too. With DS3 I had really weird dizzy spells my first tri and I wondered about twins (they run in our family a bit) but it was one baby. But I have not thought about it since, until now. My family was making jokes this weekend since I am showing and getting so sick so early and just so tired that it was twins and it got me thinking. I know the chances are higher in moms over 35 and with subsequent pregnancies. I took a couple online quizzes that said my chances of having twins are higher because of several factors - age, # of pregnancies, weight at conception, morning sickness, level of exhaustion, weight gain in the first tri, etc. One said 45% and another just said I had "many indicators of a multiple pregnancy - check with your doctor". My first appt is on the 9th so I am going to ask him what he thinks! I'm sure its probably just one vigorous little babe in there, but you never know! Here is one of the quizzes I took just for fun if anyone else wants to take it!

http://multiples.about.com/library/s...nsignsquiz.htm
Yep, my MW was the one who told me my chances were higher for twins cause I am over 35, this was preg #5 and we have several sets of twins on my moms side. I was quite nervous I have a 2yo with some special needs and I just couldn't fathom taking care of him and 2 babies! So, I was pretty relieved to see it was just one!

I'll have to take the quiz just for fun! Hope you get the news you want on the 9th
Old 01-31-2011, 02:46 PM   #7
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My intuition which gave me an idea around 14 weeks.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:14 PM   #8
sarlstrick
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No symptoms, wasn't even sick. Every pregnancy is different. Now @ 22 weeks I have extreme indigestion, that's about it for my "crazy" symptoms. The fatigue is now spiking and I have 18 more weeks to go!
Old 02-01-2011, 02:31 PM   #9
momofwandl
Registered Users

I found out I was having twins very early, at 8 weeks. But it was my lab work that put me to wondering. My levels, sorry I don't remember the specifics, were in the higher range, and so it was always in the back of my head. Before I found out they were twins, and even until about 16-20 weeks. I was extremely tired! I would sleep about 10 hours, and then need a nap when getting home from teaching. I also needed to snack quite a bit throughout the day.

Best of luck to you. Twins are wonderful and I am so incredibly thankful I have my two. (They will be the only ones I have.)
momofwandl is offline   Reply With Quote