Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2011, 09:26 AM   #21
firemommaof1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: For those of us that have 3 (or are having the 3rd) what kind of car?

we bought a new 2011 Kia Sorento last year with the new 3rd row seat
I love that it's still a small car and has great gas mileage yet comes with the 3rd row.

This will be our 3rd baby so I'll have DS in the back in his booster and baby and DD in the middle. She's in a Britax frontier 45 (new version).
DS is in the Britax booster.

I think it will work out. If not then both the older ones will go in the back and Baby will be alone in the middle.

Advertisement

Kai Grayson Arrived June 3 2014

Last edited by firemommaof1; 02-01-2011 at 09:50 PM.
firemommaof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:58 AM   #22
beci24
Registered Users
seller
seller

we just upgraded to a 07 honda odyssey that seats 7. It is awesome. My oldest dd is 11 so getting to the 3rd row is no big deal for her but the captians chairs will be great with dd2 in a convertible and once baby boy arrives him in his infant seat. We had an 03 impala and it would have worked but would have been very uncomfortable for our oldest stuck between 2 seats in the backset.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:42 AM   #23
nml12903
Registered Users
seller

We bought new Odyssey when we had our third 2 years ago. I don't know how I ever lived without it! It seats 8, altough the 8th seat is narrow. With two rear-facing seats in the second row, I can sit between them if I need to. We usually keep the 8th seat stowed in the floor though. My two older DD's are both in Regents in the 3rd row, and the two youngest with both be RF in the second!
nml12903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:21 AM   #24
meganne79
Registered Users
seller

Wow! Thanks for all the responses mamas! We have a highlander and it just doesn't look possible to fit 3 seats given what we have. ODD and YDD are in Radians but YDD is still RF and will be for a long time. The new baby will probably be in a britax chaperone or key fit. I think we could probably squish them but I would bet it will be really hard to get them all in and out. On the other hand a new car is $$$$! We are renting a GMC Acadia this weekend to try it out and will rent a van of some sort down the road. I'm not quite ready to be a van driving mama LOL! They do sound super convienent though so I may change my mind if a bigger SUV/Crossover doesn't work.

Our highlander has a 3rd row but it is useless. It is tiny and we'd have to climb over seats to get back there. ODD is also extremely attached to me and always wants to be as close as possible. I'm a little afraid she won't be ok with being in the 3rd row of anything and YDD is still pretty needy so I don't know how to put her in the back. I'll try putting them both in the back of the acadia and see how they do together.

Ugh! This is tough!

RN/CNM Student/SAHM to Maggie 03-23-06,
Nora 04-06-09, and Ben 05-03-11
meganne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:46 PM   #25
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh Megan, I didn't want to do a van....and NEITHER DID HUBBY...but I freakin love it! I wouldn't live an SUV better now that I've had a van. I think the majority of minivan moms will say the same thing, they probably wanted an SUV because it's just more stylish, but went with a van for economical reasons and are so thrilled that they did!
Old 02-01-2011, 09:57 PM   #26
Mommy2Zara
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a Honda Pilot ('10, I think) that we got when planning for DD. It seats 7 with the 3rd row up.
Right now we have 3 across in the middle row with 15 yr old DS, 18 mo. old DD RF in a Triumph Advance in the center, and 9 yr old DSD in a booster.
When the new baby comes, the plan is to put both DD and the NB rearfacing in the middle row and make the older two ride in the back in the 3rd row. We can't make just one go to the back because they fight over "having to ride in the back"
I really, really want to trade our other car which hubby now drives (a Honda Element...totally USELESS PITA with car seats!!) in on a Odyssey mini van
Old 02-01-2011, 10:00 PM   #27
Googly Bear
Registered Users
Formerly: Leighznich
seller
seller

My Mood:

DDC but..

we have an '03 Highlander and are having our third in June. We recenlty purchased the Safety First Onboard 35, because it's really narrow. We installed it to see if it works and it does! So we have two Britax Marathons side by side forward facing (putting my eldest dd in the center one because she can get in and out the easiest without much assistance) and the infant carrier outboard passenger side. HTH!!
Old 02-02-2011, 05:56 AM   #28
pacey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We actually bought a van in August in case we decided to have a third. 2 weeks later I was pg.

Its a used van, but new to us. We bought a 2008 Montana. Its actually the first car/van I have ever owned in my name. I felt so grown up.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:49 AM   #29
nicole3567
Registered Users

My Mood:

Will the car sear issue is not a problem for the explorer 1 rear facing britax, 1 foward facing and we got oldest dd the britax booster yesterday. Now the honda civic is a diffrent story we have a year to get a bigger vehicle, I havnt tried putting them all in yet but two foward facing britax and a graco bucket car seat. We will attempt to install when its not iced over outside this could get very interseting
nicole married DH 08/13/06, dd 02/28/06 dd#2 7/04/08 dd #3 5/10/11, my first water birth, CD, Breastfeeding, Co sleeping because she wont sleep any where else Athiest mom,
nicole3567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:56 AM   #30
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have an Expedition and we LOVE it! We can EASILY fit 3 seats across the 2nd row, so we'll have plenty of cargo space until we have #4. And even then, it has the 40/60 split for the 3rd row.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote