Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2011, 12:24 PM   #31
mamamegan841
Registered Users
seller

Re: For those of us that have 3 (or are having the 3rd) what kind of car?

We are only having #2 and DH insists that we need something bigger than our Chevy Trailblazer (it seats 5, and there will be 4 of us). But, with 2 carseats in the back seat, there really isn't much room left over, plus when we put a stroller in the back, there won't be much room left for groceries or other things. We are looking at Suburbans, Tahoe XLs, and Yukon XLs. What is crazy is that with interest rates and the economy the way that it is, we can get an almost new, bigger vehicle and have a lower payment than what we have now.

Advertisement

mamamegan841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:56 PM   #32
sh0rtchica
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

man i haven't thought much about this. we're only on #2 as well, but we have a subcompact car (Nissan Versa) so you won't be able to fit a darn thing aside from the 2 carseats in the back. I haven't yet checked to make sure that the carseat can fit RF behind the driver's seat when DH drives (he's 6'2). ack!!
sh0rtchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:55 PM   #33
mama21
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0rtchica View Post
man i haven't thought much about this. we're only on #2 as well, but we have a subcompact car (Nissan Versa) so you won't be able to fit a darn thing aside from the 2 carseats in the back. I haven't yet checked to make sure that the carseat can fit RF behind the driver's seat when DH drives (he's 6'2). ack!!
Our infant seat (Chicco Keyfit 30) ONLY fits in the center of my Jetta. DS is currently in a Maxi Cosi convertible and BARELY fits in the center. His feet constantly get stuck climing in/out. There would be no space for his legs/feet if I put him on the sides behind the bucket seats to accomodate an infant seat in the center. Anyway, this is only our 2nd, but looking for a new vehicle for me.

Bikram yoga lover and CD addict
mama21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:05 PM   #34
MomToMyMonkeys
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have an Expedition EL and can fit 6 kids if need be. We are going on number 5, so that is important to us!
MomToMyMonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:21 PM   #35
Tippytoe
Registered Users
seller

I have a Honda Pilot and have a Recaro ProSport behind the driver's seat, a Radian 65 SL in the middle, and tons of room for a bucket seat next to it. The baby will be behind the passenger seat in a Graco bucket, most likely. That is how I planned it at least. I went to an awesome local baby store and they helped me puzzle my options and all the seats that will fit. I can get a Marathon in there, too. And of course, another Radian.

ETA I have all the seats in the second row, and still have the entire back row laid down for strollers, groceries, whatever. I love my Pilot, but before I bought the Recaro I thought I was going to have to move DS to the back. But it all worked out that I was able to get them all in the second row. Otherwise I would be looking at a Suburban!!

Last edited by Tippytoe; 02-02-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Tippytoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:22 PM   #36
mommyof3armywife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we have a mini van and I can get 6 kids in there with a squezze. 5 in the back and one up front but with just our 3 it is perfect! We love it!
Old 02-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #37
twolittlebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have a Grand Caravan and are planning on getting a new van, most likely a Sienna or Odyssey, in the next month or so.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:12 PM   #38
brittneyscott06
Registered Users
seller

I have a Dodge Durango that can seat 7 people and we're going on #3. Right now dd and ds stay in the middle so I can have the full cargo area with the 3rd row seat down but once baby gets here they'll be in the 3rd row and baby will be on the 2nd row behind me. The 2nd row passenger seat lets up and will stay up to make getting to dd and ds easier. DH has an extended cab that seats 5 but we won't be using his unless necessary because it's a tight squeeze for 3 carseats.
brittneyscott06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:40 AM   #39
jpsgirl
Registered Users
seller

We have a Honda CR-V and were wanting to get an Odyssey before this one comes, but it just isn't happening. I knew I couldn't fit 3 full size seats in the back, but decided to switch my son (5 next month) into a booster and I can fit 2 full size seats and his booster, so we'll be keeping it for a bit longer. We had just borrowed a boostser from a friend to see how it fit and it's a tight sqeeze, but we found the sunshine monterey booster is actualy a bit more narrow and will fit even better...plus is has a lot more safety features I like. That should be getting here on Friday and I can't wait to give it a try.
jpsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote