Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2011, 02:44 PM   #11
momof_3

Formerly: momof_2girls
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I think its timefor another ...Evening Primrose Oil thread :)

I'm taking 500mg 2-3 times a day but I think I'm going to shoot for 4 times a day now. And I'm almost 38 wks now.

Advertisement

Old 02-10-2011, 04:17 PM   #12
MelDM
Registered Users
Formerly: newmom
seller

My Mood:
I'm taking 1000mg orally per day. At 38 weeks I will up the dose to 2000mg/day. I started at 36 weeks.

Mama to 3! Brooke (4), Katie (3) and our newest addition, Ryan born 3/5/2011!
MelDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:56 PM   #13
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Do you take it in pill form? When you take it vaginally sorry for the stupid question, how do you do that?
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:05 PM   #14
twolittlebeans
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
Do you take it in pill form? When you take it vaginally sorry for the stupid question, how do you do that?
You just insert it like a suppository as close to your cervix as possible. Do it at night when you go to bed and maybe wear a panty liner because some will run out.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:29 PM   #15
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I didn't start until 37 wks with #1, and he was on his due date. I started at 36 wks with #2, and she was born at 38w2d. I took it 4x daily, and had one or two pills. More when I felt desperate. I started putting them in vaginally at night at 37wks, but wasn't too good at remembering to do it every night. If you don't want to insert anything.. having sperm in there does the same exact thing (and that is why some women go into labor soon after DTD). So either one of those!
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:31 PM   #16
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Also..... a MW also told me that Mega GLA is a more potent form of EPO. I took that last time right before I went into labor. I had to take less of them, and it seemed to work just as well. I'll have to do more reading on it, though. I still have 1 1/2 pill bottles left for this time. I'm only 30 wks now, so I have a ways to go before I start using them!
Old 02-11-2011, 08:14 PM   #17
wendow
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily View Post
Also..... a MW also told me that Mega GLA is a more potent form of EPO. I took that last time right before I went into labor. I had to take less of them, and it seemed to work just as well. I'll have to do more reading on it, though. I still have 1 1/2 pill bottles left for this time. I'm only 30 wks now, so I have a ways to go before I start using them!
Is Mega GLA a brand or is there a recommended brand?

I am almost 34 weeks and would like to try this in a few weeks. I tried just about everything else in my previous pregnancies...including LOTS of dtd but nothing ever worked for me. So, I'm willing to give this a go
Old 02-12-2011, 08:22 AM   #18
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendow View Post
Is Mega GLA a brand or is there a recommended brand?

I am almost 34 weeks and would like to try this in a few weeks. I tried just about everything else in my previous pregnancies...including LOTS of dtd but nothing ever worked for me. So, I'm willing to give this a go
I got mine from Source Naturals. They have them on Ebay if your store doesn't carry them. I think that is where I got mine.. I get my vits off of ebay so I don't have to search for them in the store.

I got the Mega GLA 300 from Source Naturals. EPO is a prostaglandin, and works the same way that Mega GLA does. But instead of EPO it has borage seed oil.

Here is info they have on it: GLA (gamma-linolenic acid) is an essential fatty acid and a precursor of key regulating hormones called PGE1 prostaglandins. Many dietary and lifestyle factors can seriously reduce the body's GLA production.* Borage seed oil provides the highest yield of GLA in the botanical kingdom (more than twice the GLA yield of evening primrose oil).* The borage seed oil is extracted by a special cold-press process, which leaves no harmful residues and is Hexane-Free.

Hope this helps! I would start taking them orally a little early if EPO hasn't worked for you before. There are actually women that take them orally throughout their ENTIRE pregnancy.. so they are safe to take orally starting whenever. I would wait to start taking EPO or anything vaginally until 36 wks or so.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:52 AM   #19
my*2*angels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Please forgive my complete ignorance, but why do you do this? Is it so that you will go into labor? Or to just help prepare you for it? I have never heard of this before!
Old 02-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #20
wendow
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily View Post
I got mine from Source Naturals. They have them on Ebay if your store doesn't carry them. I think that is where I got mine.. I get my vits off of ebay so I don't have to search for them in the store.

I got the Mega GLA 300 from Source Naturals. EPO is a prostaglandin, and works the same way that Mega GLA does. But instead of EPO it has borage seed oil.

Here is info they have on it: GLA (gamma-linolenic acid) is an essential fatty acid and a precursor of key regulating hormones called PGE1 prostaglandins. Many dietary and lifestyle factors can seriously reduce the body's GLA production.* Borage seed oil provides the highest yield of GLA in the botanical kingdom (more than twice the GLA yield of evening primrose oil).* The borage seed oil is extracted by a special cold-press process, which leaves no harmful residues and is Hexane-Free.

Hope this helps! I would start taking them orally a little early if EPO hasn't worked for you before. There are actually women that take them orally throughout their ENTIRE pregnancy.. so they are safe to take orally starting whenever. I would wait to start taking EPO or anything vaginally until 36 wks or so.
I like the Ebay idea too...way too tired to search the stores. Thanks for the information