Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2011, 09:16 AM   #11
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: May Flowers Chat Feb 1st!

Morning ladies! I am on that tail end of the storm, we are supposed to get ICE and then some snow. I would rather have all snow b/c the ice just makes it impossible to go anywhere. You can drive in snow, but not on ice! It also runs the trees and I am expecting the power to go out at some point. I have a roast in the crockpot and some hamberger thawing out to brown so I can make something w/ it if/when we loose power. I also need to finish cleaning the bathrooms, the rest of the house is pretty much clean! The school called at 5:37 to cancel school, then an employee called to ask about work at a little before 6:00, DH told him he didn't have to come in, but he is working and so are the other guys b/c it's not supposed to freeze until 4PM, so they will hopefully get a little bit of work in today b/c we will be out the rest of the week for sure. I am tired. I needed more sleep but I can't seem to sleep knowing ice is coming! I also plan to bake a few things like cookies and some muffins later today and I am doing the last loads of laundry incase we go without power. The last ice storm we were out 6 days!!! That's a LONG time to stay cooped up in 2 rooms w/ 4 kids Hoping for just a few hours this time around! DH has a generator that he will be getting ready this afternoon, so we will have something to run the freezer and fridge, we can also re-route it to cook something, we just have to watch how much power we are trying to pull. We will probably be on-line here and there, too b/c it gets SO boring w/ nothing to do.

AOTD: I cook something or shop on-line Baking makes me gain weight... shopping costs $$... I'm not sure which is the lesser of two evils!

I am done buying clothes for the baby, O looked today and have enough sleepers for 0-3 size (need 3-6), so I am just going to wait ti out, I may buy her one coming home outfit but that's all. I am also done w/ buying diapers and am trying not to even look! I know my other kids will need some summer stuff, but it's too early to start buying yet! Gymboree has their 'baby sale' in a few weeks, and it will be hard for me to resist! ON has theirs I think starting tomorrow, and I may get a few things for my girls depending on the prices.

Hope you all stay safe and inside while the storm rages! It looks like the majority of the country is getting something!

Advertisement

Old 02-01-2011, 10:13 AM   #12
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm watching the blizzard out the window. It's crazy!

Winter blues? I check into the hospital so I don't have to cook, clean, do dishes, etc Just kidding. My kiddos have a snow day and I wish I was there to enjoy it with them!
Old 02-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #13
cococomey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

All this talk about snow makes me miss Michigan so much
Although it is mid 70's today in Florida- kids are in shorts

I just got back from running errands and can I say how much I love OOPS paint ...
I found the perfect butter yellow for 3 walls in our bedroom and it was only $7.50
I am creating a baby "nook" not nursery since the baby will be in our room for prolly the 1st year.
My crib came in and DH put it together on Sunday and it looks GREAT

cococomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #14
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumstoppers View Post
Good luck with the move Savannah. How long will you be staying there?
As long as it takes to find a house, I guess. I have lived in Tacoma for 2 months now and so far it has been hard trying to find a place. I assume for a few months or so.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:41 AM   #15
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hey ladies! I don't have a whole ton of time to type because I gotta get lunch on!

We are STILL getting blizzard-like winds and snow. I think we've got about a foot out there...and we only have 18 trucks to plow the state. My husband is home from work and we're just staying at home lounging around/doing schoolwork.

Stay safe out there everyone! This storm is a doozy!
Old 02-01-2011, 03:18 PM   #16
Salidwyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cococomey View Post
All this talk about snow makes me miss Michigan so much
Although it is mid 70's today in Florida- kids are in shorts

I just got back from running errands and can I say how much I love OOPS paint ...
I found the perfect butter yellow for 3 walls in our bedroom and it was only $7.50
I am creating a baby "nook" not nursery since the baby will be in our room for prolly the 1st year.
My crib came in and DH put it together on Sunday and it looks GREAT
That's a really good idea since we were planning on doing the same thing and keeping the baby in our room for the first year! That way the baby can have a "nursery" and I can still sleep! Neat idea though!

AOTD: I hibernate. No, seriously. Seasonal depression starts kicking in when I can't get outside that much (and when it's -10 and snowing, I don't really WANT to go out) so I run in power-saver mode for the winter months and not much gets done beyond taking it easy and snuggling with my kitties. This winter has been actually a lot more productive thanks to knitting and sewing so it hasn't been too bad and at least I have a couple of hats and wipes done so far.

Yay for all of the knitters here!! I just bought the Evie Pants pattern and bought the Sheepy Pants pattern about a month ago so longies or shorties are going to be my next project for sure, I'm just not sure which pattern to follow. Or maybe borrow bits and pieces from both? The short rows from the Sheepy Pants pattern seem a little easier, but I've heard better things about the Evie Pants gusset. I need to finish DH's hat first (hate this yarn and hate these DPNs sooooooooooo much and am so ready to be done) and then I'll look more closely at them. I DID get my KnitPro needles from p2tog.com the other day and am SUPER EXCITED to start using them!!! I forgot to buy a case to store them in though.... oops.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:25 PM   #17
SchatziB
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just jumping on to say I want to see pictures from all our snow mommas once it dies down enough to get one!

Well here we go again!
SchatziB is offline   Reply With Quote