Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2011, 11:12 AM   #11
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Kolcraft Contour tandem stroller

I hate the Graco ones personally....for silly reasons though. No cup holders for the child in back, only one cup holder for mom and dad, horrible basket space. We had actually purchased the Baby Trend Navigator...it's the double jogger. It's AMAZING: iPod jack with speakers, FULL recline for both seats, 2 cup holders for EACH kid, 2 cup holders for mom and dad, TONS of basket space, turns on a dime....only one problem; it doesn't fit through doors!! Soooo, we took it back and got the newest sit n stand. We had the older one and liked it. The new one changed a few things...the rear seat is elevated so the child in back can actually see (LOVE THIS!), there is a tray with cup holder for the child in back which there wasn't before. AND, you can fold it without removing the trays (had to take it completely off the old one)

Advertisement

Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:22 PM   #12
luvnmyfamily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses View Post
I hate the Graco ones personally....for silly reasons though. No cup holders for the child in back, only one cup holder for mom and dad, horrible basket space. We had actually purchased the Baby Trend Navigator...it's the double jogger. It's AMAZING: iPod jack with speakers, FULL recline for both seats, 2 cup holders for EACH kid, 2 cup holders for mom and dad, TONS of basket space, turns on a dime....only one problem; it doesn't fit through doors!! Soooo, we took it back and got the newest sit n stand. We had the older one and liked it. The new one changed a few things...the rear seat is elevated so the child in back can actually see (LOVE THIS!), there is a tray with cup holder for the child in back which there wasn't before. AND, you can fold it without removing the trays (had to take it completely off the old one)

WELL I can see how all of those things you listed can make life inconvienient, but I actually picked up the new stroller today. It is called Graco Quattro Tour Duo. It looks like this one: (I was on my way to pick up the kolcraft and she emailed me saying she sold it to someone else...)

http://www.gracobaby.com/Products/Pa...ductID=1761222

And it has 2 cupholders for each kid and a snack tray for the back, it also comes with a bar for the front (in exchange for the cupholders) for an infant seat. The the basket is big and it actually opens and closes for easier access to items in the basket. There are 2 parent cupholders. I took DS down to the mailbox in it, and then to the landlord's to pay rent, all on unpaved surfaces, and it did pretty well for not being a jogger! It's also pretty compact and turns easily. It is a trick to get it in the trunk of the little car, but it does fit. I can't really complain since I only paid 120 for it, and it's practically brand new!
luvnmyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:26 PM   #13
starsandlollipops
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizzymomma61 View Post
For anyone that has access to a military base and can't find a good used one....they NEX and BAX here in Hampton Roads area of VA have the Kolcraft Contour Tandem on sale for 150. It actually makes it about 100 dollars cheaper than any of the Graco ones we have looked at. Also, if my memory serves me, Burlington Coat Factory Baby Depot has one for a similar price. I love the idea that I can turn the new baby around to face me and my toddler can still see everything in the front! We are really considering this one )
That's good to know! I'll have to check the PX here and see if they have it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnmyfamily View Post
WELL I can see how all of those things you listed can make life inconvienient, but I actually picked up the new stroller today. It is called Graco Quattro Tour Duo. It looks like this one: (I was on my way to pick up the kolcraft and she emailed me saying she sold it to someone else...)

And it has 2 cupholders for each kid and a snack tray for the back, it also comes with a bar for the front (in exchange for the cupholders) for an infant seat. The the basket is big and it actually opens and closes for easier access to items in the basket. There are 2 parent cupholders. I took DS down to the mailbox in it, and then to the landlord's to pay rent, all on unpaved surfaces, and it did pretty well for not being a jogger! It's also pretty compact and turns easily. It is a trick to get it in the trunk of the little car, but it does fit. I can't really complain since I only paid 120 for it, and it's practically brand new!
I have a single graco duo glider ( I think that's what it is, part of a travel system) and it did so well with both kids. It was built like a rock, and I always had plenty of space for my stuff, and friends if they needed it.
I found a duo glider on my CL for $75! I emailed, hopefully they'll respond. Seems like I never get a response from CL
Old 02-02-2011, 06:31 PM   #14
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnmyfamily View Post

I like that a lot!!! Dang it...why didn't BRU have that??
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:08 PM   #15
wileycolt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsandlollipops View Post
I have a single graco duo glider ( I think that's what it is, part of a travel system) and it did so well with both kids. It was built like a rock, and I always had plenty of space for my stuff, and friends if they needed it.
I found a duo glider on my CL for $75! I emailed, hopefully they'll respond. Seems like I never get a response from CL
To bad you don't live closer... I just listed my Duo Glider on CL here. I bought a Kolcraft Contour for a REALLY good price. I had bought the Graco before getting pregnant and tried it out with DS and a friends baby... it is pretty good, but I like all the options with the Kolcraft. Finding a good double stroller is hard they each have their own pros and cons... I have tried out Graco, Jeep, and now Contour and sticking w/ Contour til we need a sit and stand.

Good Luck All
Old 02-02-2011, 07:18 PM   #16
mama21
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was originally going to get something like that, but it appears that DS is too tall and nearly too heavy for the double stroller seat specs. I've checked out a lot of them and at the most, there's a 40 lb weigh limit (he's 35 by himself now). Plus, I've read a lot of reviews and many reviewers complain about their older toddler's head reaching the canopy, etc. So, I think I'm just going to get this one. I've got it on my wish list anyway...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

Bikram yoga lover and CD addict
mama21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:50 PM   #17
wileycolt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama21 View Post
I was originally going to get something like that, but it appears that DS is too tall and nearly too heavy for the double stroller seat specs. I've checked out a lot of them and at the most, there's a 40 lb weigh limit (he's 35 by himself now). Plus, I've read a lot of reviews and many reviewers complain about their older toddler's head reaching the canopy, etc. So, I think I'm just going to get this one. I've got it on my wish list anyway...

I have a friend that has the Joovy and loves it. her boys are 13 months apart and they use it for walks and say that it handles really well.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:09 AM   #18
starsandlollipops
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I thought about the Joovy at first, but then I thought, for those days we go to the zoo or for a long trip, what if DS#1 falls asleep *which he usually does* then I'd have to hold him up or carry him
Old 02-04-2011, 11:21 AM   #19
luvnmyfamily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsandlollipops View Post
http://www.braggyardsales.com/

I noticed you're a military family, too! We have lejeuneyardsales.com, and I have found alot of gently used things for really cheap! Try and see!! It's where I got our stroller.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:23 AM   #20
luvnmyfamily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

starsandlollipops---

http://www.braggyardsales.com/item.j...183&src=SEARCH

Here you go! $55