Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-23-2011, 02:01 AM   #111
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Re: JuneBugs - Valentine's Chat Thread! (February)

LOL, what do you mean, what do you do? If he pooped on the stove, clean it. If you want to know what to do about the mouse, tell those good-for-nothin' dogs to do something . My dog used to catch and kill mice, lol. we also used glue traps. Thank goodness even with the cold, we have had NO evidence of mice this year :fingerscrossed:
And that is my sage, I-can't-sleep-so-I-am-bored advice! I don't dare get up and try to get anything done bc then babe will wake up

Advertisement

Old 02-23-2011, 05:55 AM   #112
VibrantBlue
Registered Users
Formerly: jlepitzki
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarag View Post
I am just spent! DH is basically working from 7-sometimes 2-3 in the morning and is NO help at all! The dishwasher broke and of course it doesn't affect him so he isn't concerned to fix it! Dishes are piling up! (I guess I am spoiled)

I give up. I would rather do all of this alone and be single! Then I wouldn't have to expect help! On the other hand I keep stressing over money so he is busting his butt trying to make money. Maybe i am expecting to much!
What I bolded there is, I believe, a valid observation you've made. Men usually (in my experience with DH and from watching Dr. Phil ) measure success with monetary or physical indicators. He's trying to make you happy and meet the needs you identified. It's just that meeting those needs come withe the drawback of never being home. DH and I have had this conversation several times, especially when a new baby is added to the mix as i feel I'm always here on my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
I've btdt with the kids at play places, too Sucks, and yes they through a massive fit, but it's so very necessary and worth it - I bet the next time you take him his behaviour will be very very different!
It always drives me crazy to hear the moms (like at McD's playland) giving all these warnings about "it's time to go" "right now" "i'm going to leave without you" "no really, come down now so we can leave"... and so on. Oy, I hate it.
For us, we've always given the kids a warning "x" number of slides left or whatnot, then time to go. Get ready or I will leave. And I do. I mean, I don't ever start the vehicle or drive away, it's never taken that much, but I get all ready and walk out with the other kids to start getting them in the vehicle. Usually by the time I reach the door, the kid is scrambling to get their shoes on! Anyways, it may seem horrid, but it works. One time of that and they never have made a fuss about "time to go" again!

If I get a chance to post over there I will!
I've thought about the padded waist thing, for more comfort when they're older/bigger... but really I don't wear the kids past 3yrs, and not very often from 2.5-3yrs... and my kids aren't terribly much bigger at 2 than they are at 1 - all of them have only been a few lbs bigger then.
And if it is more comfy, I would still have the Ergo and the 4th gen I got, kwim?
Elena, that's our time to leave strategy too.

As for padded vs unpadded waist. I think there's a real difference between a padded waist in a MT than in Ergo/Beco etc. I tried a KS which has a beautifully padded waist band and straps (which I didn't like the padding on Ergo) and I am smitten. It's softer and molds to you versus the SSC which is thicker and obviously another 'piece' covered in fabric. The KS straps were just fluff that had been quilted.

Quote:
Oh my word!!!!! I just saw a mouse run across the stove! I am soooooo grossed out!!!! What do I do????
Get a cat.

Violet is working on her sixth tooth today, the fourth one in the past week. :shock: She's not a very happy lady.

Isaac has another ear infection. This is his fourth one since June . I don't know why he keeps getting them now, considering he had never had one before that point. :shrug:. So we're doing more warm garlic oil and I have an rx for him just in case we need it as we're going to be out of town for the next few days.

Also, I need some help for my sister. She has to wean her five month old to go on thyroid medication and OCD/anxiety meds. She does not want to bf and be on medication AT ALL. He used to take bm from a bottle like a champion, but since she's tried switching him to formula he won't even take a bottle anymore. They have tried spooning it to him as well as from a cup, but he does not want it at all. he was at the point of dehydration on Monday having not had anything to eat or drink for over 10 hours :shock:. I'm four hours away from her, so I can't physically help, but I thought I'd try and gather some online resources for her. Does she have to use formula for him? I thought I read something online about goat's milk....Jul?

Violet is having an absolute fit at my feet. She's crying for me to pick her up, I do so and then she twists and turns and head butts me, so I put her down. Thus the cycle of "mommy hasn't had enough coffee and you really need to stop this" continues. :coffee:
VibrantBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:58 AM   #113
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

could it be the taste of the formula? not the bottle itself? Could she try milk share? Or eats on feets? The stuff I have read say not to use goats milk instead of formula, esp because he is so young. If she can't get other mama's milk and doesn't want to use commercial formula, there is some organic out there.

If he likes to suck, like nurse, she can get a hazelbaker finger feeder
http://www.motheringfromtheheart.com...ger_Feeder.htm

or she can always use an eye dropper or, Kailani likes me to put a straw in ice water and then in his mouth. Even if I don't cover one end, he controls the flow with his tongue and teeth (it only took him a few tries). That would be kind of arduous though for real feeding.

Have you done anything different with Issac like does he drink cow's milk now or something?

I think it's the age and the teeth. Kailani is like that all the time.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:06 PM   #114
VibrantBlue
Registered Users
Formerly: jlepitzki
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma View Post
could it be the taste of the formula? not the bottle itself? Could she try milk share? Or eats on feets? The stuff I have read say not to use goats milk instead of formula, esp because he is so young. If she can't get other mama's milk and doesn't want to use commercial formula, there is some organic out there.

If he likes to suck, like nurse, she can get a hazelbaker finger feeder
http://www.motheringfromtheheart.com...ger_Feeder.htm

or she can always use an eye dropper or, Kailani likes me to put a straw in ice water and then in his mouth. Even if I don't cover one end, he controls the flow with his tongue and teeth (it only took him a few tries). That would be kind of arduous though for real feeding.

Have you done anything different with Issac like does he drink cow's milk now or something?

I think it's the age and the teeth. Kailani is like that all the time.
She is not really open to anything 'crunchy'. I've offered to supply milk for him and she does not want to do that. I don't think they've tried the finger feeder, so I'll suggest that next. I'll suggest the straw too.

As for Isaac, we only found out about his first ear infection in June because he had a speech assessment and he failed the hearing portion of it. He had no fever, wasn't cranky or anything. Since then he's had three more and I can only tell he has them because he'll say 'ow' randomly. I'm thinking that he probably has had them more frequently and we only caught that first one by chance. Given that he was a preemie it wouldn't be unusual for him to have ear issues. This also might be why his speech is so poor.
VibrantBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:15 PM   #115
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Oh my word!!!!! I just saw a mouse run across the stove! I am soooooo grossed out!!!! What do I do????

That's about what I'd do.
Thank heavens our cat does a great job hunting mice - although he's not a terribly nice pet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlepitzki View Post
As for padded vs unpadded waist. I think there's a real difference between a padded waist in a MT than in Ergo/Beco etc. I tried a KS which has a beautifully padded waist band and straps (which I didn't like the padding on Ergo) and I am smitten. It's softer and molds to you versus the SSC which is thicker and obviously another 'piece' covered in fabric. The KS straps were just fluff that had been quilted.

Violet is working on her sixth tooth today, the fourth one in the past week. :shock: She's not a very happy lady.

Isaac has another ear infection. This is his fourth one since June . I don't know why he keeps getting them now, considering he had never had one before that point. :shrug:. So we're doing more warm garlic oil and I have an rx for him just in case we need it as we're going to be out of town for the next few days.

Also, I need some help for my sister. She has to wean her five month old to go on thyroid medication and OCD/anxiety meds. She does not want to bf and be on medication AT ALL. He used to take bm from a bottle like a champion, but since she's tried switching him to formula he won't even take a bottle anymore. They have tried spooning it to him as well as from a cup, but he does not want it at all. he was at the point of dehydration on Monday having not had anything to eat or drink for over 10 hours :shock:. I'm four hours away from her, so I can't physically help, but I thought I'd try and gather some online resources for her. Does she have to use formula for him? I thought I read something online about goat's milk....Jul?
Interesting, about the difference in waists. I find the waists on the Ergo and the Beco (although not to the same extent) too much for my torso. I've only got so much to "work with" here for torso, lol, I don't want it half taken up by the waist band!

Poor V with all those teeth coming in such a short time! Levi's still working on his 2nd one, it's really trying to cut through today.
And to Isaac. Have you/the Dr thought or talked about getting tubes put in his ears? We were >< this close to getting tubes in our Isaac's ears when he was about 18mos old - he had double ear infections that we had a really hard time clearing up.

That has to be so hard for your sister. Are there no meds that she can take while nursing? Or is she just totally against the idea?

AFM: Oy, lol. Levi nursed and fell asleep just before 1. I laid him down, and promptly 20mins later he was crying, but he was obviously still very tired - I held him and he'd nod off, then stir awake and whine. So I laid down with him in my bed and nursed him back to sleep. Only trouble is that I fell asleep for half an hour myself! Ah well.

I need to gather things for going to town after the older 2 are done school - need to pick them up ASAP there and book it to town. Isaac's dancing in the festival of the arts at 4:30.
Then I still need to really figure out what I'm doing tomorrow. Ruthie's tap class is dancing in the festival at 6:30, which means she's supposed to be there at 5:45... but I'm supposed to have a meeting for the skating lessons "ice show" at 4:30 and Zechie has a hockey game at 6. I really don't want to miss his game! I just don't know which to pick to do. I could work it so that I made the meeting, just making sure to leave in time if it's long, and get her to town. But then I still miss his game, and Ruthie was supposed to stay (after the game) for public skating to practice her figure skating solo and duet routines. Grr. I hate when things all fall at the same time.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:21 PM   #116
tamarag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey Jess what about a syringe? I also have the medications and mothers milk. I can look up the meds and maybe that would ease her mind (just a thought) She may be surprised that alot of the meds are safer than you would think!

Oh I wish I could get a cat but our old dog would kill it. Plus DH is really allergic! So I bought some poison to put behind the stove!

Last night I went to dinner with 2 of my friends and had a large margarita! It was good. I usually don't like tequila but I was so mad at DH that I sucked it down! He was supposed to get home at 6 and didn't come home till 6:40, then screamed at me and said I was whineing about the mouse and the broken dishwasher! He was downright mean last night. Then this morning it was like he was schizophrenic. He was sweet as pie. We can have a huge fight and then within 30 minutes act like nothing even happened! I am so done with it all!

On a good note our in laws offered to pay for a good majority of the disney trip. So 5 thursdays from tomorrow we will be in sunny fl! Can't wait! Even though we are driving I can't wait! It will take close to 22 hours!

Cooper was up 3 times last night I am so tired. Plus my stupid neck has been hurting. Oh which brings me to my next rant. I asked DH to watch the napping kids so I could run to the doctor. He yelled and sai he couldn't because he was leaving in 30 minutes. He didn't leave for 2 1/2 hours!

Anyways! I will BBL!
Old 02-23-2011, 01:35 PM   #117
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't understand this.
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/canadian-death-panels-court-rules-babys-life-support-removed-against-parent
http://www.vancouversun.com/health/Couple+appeal+bring+dying+baby+home+dismissed/4304482/story.html

At least from this article everything got put off and he didn't die on Monday. But now they aren't allowing his parents to be with him If it's about this little guy's safety, certainly seems like the Dr's and the court system are who should be not allowed with him.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:38 PM   #118
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Last night I went to dinner with 2 of my friends and had a large margarita! It was good. I usually don't like tequila but I was so mad at DH that I sucked it down! He was supposed to get home at 6 and didn't come home till 6:40, then screamed at me and said I was whineing about the mouse and the broken dishwasher! He was downright mean last night. Then this morning it was like he was schizophrenic. He was sweet as pie. We can have a huge fight and then within 30 minutes act like nothing even happened! I am so done with it all!

On a good note our in laws offered to pay for a good majority of the disney trip. So 5 thursdays from tomorrow we will be in sunny fl! Can't wait! Even though we are driving I can't wait! It will take close to 22 hours!

Cooper was up 3 times last night I am so tired. Plus my stupid neck has been hurting. Oh which brings me to my next rant. I asked DH to watch the napping kids so I could run to the doctor. He yelled and sai he couldn't because he was leaving in 30 minutes. He didn't leave for 2 1/2 hours!

Anyways! I will BBL!
The trip will be a nice break for you, I hope!
Sorry Cooper was up through the night - you'd think he woulda slept better after the margarita?!
I'd just get things settled, grab your stuff, and leave. Don't give him a warning or ask him to watch the kids - pick a time when you know he's able to stick around for a while (whether he wants to or was planning to or not!) and just go! You gotta get feeling better!
Old 02-24-2011, 03:19 PM   #119
Terra76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ok I fell behind again :headbang: I'm sorry! I have been pretty focused on getting My Livy Lou up and running and now have the freaking flu I think Livia is getting it too

On a positive note, The neighbor at the corner found my Drivers license I must have dropped it when I took dd to the bus stop or picked her up. I started driving her because it has been too cold to stand there with Livia. Today was nice and I am taking thera flu and didn't think I should drive so I picked V up from the boss stop and the guy came out and said "is this yours?" So now I am getting my identity notarized so i can get my freakin Birth Certificate and get my TX DL.
Terra76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:13 AM   #120
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Terra - Phew! That's wonderful news about the license - sorry about the flu, though

AFM: Only one more night of dance fest - woot! On one hand, I hate having to get in there, traveling, the time, the cost, all of that. But OTOH, I do so love seeing my kids on stage, having a blast! Ruth did a great job last night, tonight she has her ballet.
I do feel sad about missing Zech's game, but DH recorded every shift he had, lol, so I can watch all of them on the camera! I'll have to pick a few to post for the grandparents, too.

I'm so hoping to catch up on a few chores and laundry today, then stay home tomorrow and get DH and the kids to pitch in to do all the week's chores with me. It's been such a busy week I just haven't had the chance to get hardly anything done at all. I feel like such a failure in week's like this - how do WOHMs manage to be away every day and still get everything done around the house?