Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2011, 07:37 AM   #11
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Re: JuneBugs - Valentine's Chat Thread! (February)

shannon, her legs are in the perfect position and if it's comfy, dont fool with it. i adjust mine all the time depending. i love that the straps adjust both ways. have you tried her on your back? I love the print!!

Advertisement

Old 02-02-2011, 08:55 AM   #12
tamarag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by javabarnes View Post
took these the other day when it came Just excuse my frumpy self. Does it look good? It is comfy like that just not sure I am doing it right. This is the beco...no pics of the piccolo. I love the beco!

And yes, that is rectal temp. She is in bed now. It's only 7:30 and she is just out. I think it will be a long night though. She can't breath out of her nose at all and now I can feel the gunk in her lungs when I put my hand on her back.
Looke great Shannon! I love that print as well. In fact what got me obsessed with the 4th Gen is that print (well and the comfort too!)

Keep an eye on her fever and the rattling in her chest. Usually though it isn't really in their chest but in the back of their throat. So when they breathe it sounds like it is rattaling. Weird how you can feel it in their chest though. Everytime I feel it in my kids I rush them to the doc and she tells me "it's just in the back of their throat!" She lets me listen to their chest too! Also what I find to help speed up the recovery is saline nose drops! Really thins out the mucus and helps to get the virus out. Also you can give them elderberry syrup to help with colds.
http://www.learningherbs.com/herbal_cold_remedies.html

I had a great homeopath doc that gave me some for when Anthony was little and sick!
Old 02-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #13
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma View Post
elena here is the one:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30069724
but they only had red, which is fine!
I have seen something similar in the baby "boutique" in town here... but it's a far cry more than $20! (like over $200)
Looks like he's loving sitting at the table and eating with y'all!

Quote:
Fire dept has got us busy! We both started the emt class. It is going to be a lot but I am excited. Addi can go to class with us

Addi is sick She has never been sick before but she has had a fever the past 3 days and this morning she woke up crying around 4am. This is the baby who has slept through the night since she was 6 weeks old She is so stuffy she has to breath out of her mouth and her fever is back again. she was 100.2 this morning. We are waiting till bedtime to give her Tylenol tonight.

I have a beco 4th gen One of our old mamas sent it to me. I love it and so far Addi likes it even though she has to face in We also got a great deal on that Piccolo on TBW. That i incredibly comfy So we are set with carriers for now...unless we can work out this ergo for a gemini carrier trade
I'm happy to hear that you're doing the EMT class, Shannon! And how awesome that Addi can come with you - perfect!
Sorry she's sick. Poor thing. Hopefully it won't last long - or hopefully you'll get it soon and give her the antibodies... as unfortunate as it is to be sick, at least there's that perk!

Awesome about the carriers! I'm really antsy to get the 4th gen - I am borrowing one from Jessica, but then I also bought that one on FSOT. It's a race, lol.

Quote:
took these the other day when it came Just excuse my frumpy self. Does it look good? It is comfy like that just not sure I am doing it right. This is the beco...no pics of the piccolo. I love the beco!
I think it looks good! As long as it's comfy, I say go with it! Have you tried her on your back? I love back carrying - just so much easier to really have hands free and be able to get stuff done.
The more pics I see of the beco (either the 4th gen, butterfly, or the gemini) the more I worry about that waist strap. I just don't know if I'm gonna like it at all - it looks very similar to the Ergo waist strap, and that's a huge dislike of mine on the Ergo. Is it similar to that one, or are there differences I'm not seeing in pics?
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #14
tamarag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
I think it looks good! As long as it's comfy, I say go with it! Have you tried her on your back? I love back carrying - just so much easier to really have hands free and be able to get stuff done.
The more pics I see of the beco (either the 4th gen, butterfly, or the gemini) the more I worry about that waist strap. I just don't know if I'm gonna like it at all - it looks very similar to the Ergo waist strap, and that's a huge dislike of mine on the Ergo. Is it similar to that one, or are there differences I'm not seeing in pics?
The waist on the ergo and the puffy straps are my biggest pet peeve! The 4th gen and gemini have a straight waistband! Much more comfy IMO!

Oh man all the roads here are like ice rinks! We had a flash freeze after having freezing rain all day today so then it became horribly slick! Bring on the spring!
Old 02-02-2011, 06:59 PM   #15
Terra76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Happy February mama's!!!

Shannon, Love that carrier!! I too want to know if you have tried it on your back and if it is comfy. I am having problems with my BBII and back carrying. I am so sorry Addi isn't well I hope she gets better quickly for you! That's awesome that you can take her to the EMT classes with you.

Jul, that high chair looks awesome!! Love the Red and the fact that you can just take it out and hose it down! $20.00 is a steal I want to get some burp clothes/flats from Ikea but haven't made it down there yet. I love K's crazy hair

Jessica I hope you have an awesome visit with your parents. How exciting. When was it you saw them last?

AFM: Well, Livia is still sick I am getting ready to take her in. Poor dear actually gets excited to see the blue aspirator and that is just wrong!! I have had a really stiff neck for the last 3 days so haven't fiddled with the carrier.

No school here for the last 2 days and no school tomorrow either. The streets are covered in a thick layer of Ice and we just aren't equipped to deal with it here in TX. It has been so cold too. I hate cold. That is why we moved to TX well part of the reason anyways!

I am getting really excited about opening my store soon! I am waiting on our tax return to order my inventory. This has been a dream of mine for a long time
Terra76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:22 AM   #16
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

Tamera: I think you are right, it's in her throat. Poor thing is soooo stuffy. Thanks for the link The only thing I worry about is the honey. It said to add it to hot water for kids under 2....I don't get what that means. Like add hot water too it or add the honey in the water before the berries or boil the jar.

Elena: I tried it on my back for a minute. She cried and just kinda hung her head back. She didn't seem happy with it and I am nervous with her on my back for some reason. Maybe once she gets a little bigger. I would get sick to take this away from her

As for ergo and 4th gen: The shoulder straps on the ergo are much thicker. I can't get them comfortable at all. The waistband is actually a little thinner but it feels different. The ergo's feels more flimsy. They are both separated in 3 parts...the ergo's are pretty much even while the beco's middle panel is much longer than the side panels if that makes sense. I really love the beco much more than the ergo.

side by side

shoulder straps:

waist

Terra: Sorry Livia is still sick I feel for you! I sure hope she gets better soon and that Addi's doesn't last that long.

AFM: Addi is still sick. But today is the first day in 5 days she woke up without a fever She is still really snotty though poor girl

It was -29 with wind chill of -39 (Fahrenheit) last night. We are finally up to 0 now. It was -11 all day yesterday. Unbelievably cold!!!! There is lots of snow on the ground and it is drifted pretty bad. Schools are closed for the 3rd day in a row. Today they were closed for the cold...61 degrees below freezing is unheard of here! That's -33 Celsius!

Our pipes froze yesterday but DH figured out where and put a heater on them. Now we are trying to figure out what to do with our day today.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:18 PM   #17
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarag View Post
The waist on the ergo and the puffy straps are my biggest pet peeve! The 4th gen and gemini have a straight waistband! Much more comfy IMO!
I'm definitely interested to try out the 4th Gen. I'm really loving the BH, though - so comfy and easy to use!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra76 View Post
I am having problems with my BBII and back carrying.

AFM: Well, Livia is still sick I am getting ready to take her in. Poor dear actually gets excited to see the blue aspirator and that is just wrong!! I have had a really stiff neck for the last 3 days so haven't fiddled with the carrier.

I am getting really excited about opening my store soon! I am waiting on our tax return to order my inventory. This has been a dream of mine for a long time
Is it just uncomfy for you back carrying? I do so adore back carrying!

Sorry she's still Lots of that going around this year, unfortunately.
What kinds of things are you planning to sell in the store? !

Quote:
Elena: I tried it on my back for a minute. She cried and just kinda hung her head back. She didn't seem happy with it and I am nervous with her on my back for some reason. Maybe once she gets a little bigger. I would get sick to take this away from her

As for ergo and 4th gen: The shoulder straps on the ergo are much thicker. I can't get them comfortable at all. The waistband is actually a little thinner but it feels different. The ergo's feels more flimsy. They are both separated in 3 parts...the ergo's are pretty much even while the beco's middle panel is much longer than the side panels if that makes sense. I really love the beco much more than the ergo.

AFM: Addi is still sick. But today is the first day in 5 days she woke up without a fever She is still really snotty though poor girl

It was -29 with wind chill of -39 (Fahrenheit) last night. We are finally up to 0 now. It was -11 all day yesterday. Unbelievably cold!!!! There is lots of snow on the ground and it is drifted pretty bad. Schools are closed for the 3rd day in a row. Today they were closed for the cold...61 degrees below freezing is unheard of here! That's -33 Celsius!
I wonder if she's just not used to back carrying, so she was worried? When I first started back carrying Levi I made sure to stand in front of our mirror at the very beginning, or walk right to it, so he could see me and realize he was just on my back. Then he was always fine after that. I don't have to bother saying "hi" in the mirror anymore - although I still do sometimes, just for fun!
I think it helps that I really started back carrying with an older toddler. Isaac was 2 when I got my Ergo, so he was able to actually help get himself on my back. I got very comfortable with him on my back, so this seems normal - although it definitely is different with a smaller baby!
Thank you so much for the comparison shots!!! So awesome of you! I do love the less padded straps of the BH vs the Ergo, and I hope that the waist strap on the Beco is a better fit for me - the Ergo just always seems to push my darn pants down, lol. The BH waist strap isn't padded at all, and I find I can tie it on higher than the Ergo waist sits on me. I'm short-torsoed, too, which isn't helping matters I think.
Anyways, excited to try out the 4th gen still!

Sounds like she's slowly on the mend - although I'd watch for a rash appearing today or tonight. There's a few childhood illnesses that present that way - fever lasting days, followed by a rash on the torso spreading to the appendages and face. Also, 5th's disease starts with a fever and cold symptoms, followed by a rash starting on the cheeks (looks like they've been slapped, hence "slapped cheek disease") and can spread to the rest of the body.
None are really dangerous for the child, but just good to get a quick Dx and know for future reference - for example, 5ths disease can be very dangerous for a pregnant mom and the baby, so if she's had it she wouldn't have the worry of that if she came in contact with it when pregnant.

Yup. Those are normal winter temps for us, from late Jan through most of Feb. Some years (like a couple years ago) those temps honestly lasted from mid Nov through until March. It's a lot warmer here today, and I'm hoping it continues through the weekend - the older 2 have their school ski trip tomorrow and it would be much nicer near 0 - but it's supposed to go back down to the -30's on Monday.

AFM: Yup, that's about what's happening here - !!!
Levi's getting all over the place - which would be a lot more fun if the darn replacement hinges for our stairs gate would arrive!
He's saying "mum mum" still and says "baba" for dada. The past couple days he's saying "a-da" and I'm quite sure meaning "all done".
And I've never had/seen a kid take to solids like he has, just so quickly. If he sees any of us with food he crawls over and yells until we share Yet, and I'm so happy with this part, he knows when he's done, he stops on his own, and he's still wanting to nurse just as much as ever. Couldn't ask for a better "solids starting"! I'll admit, I was hoping not to start them until 8+ months with him, but ah well. He's obviously ready and wanting them, so be it.
No teeth yet, but I think there's something more happening in there on the bottom - definitely white bumpy gums. Shucks, I love me some gummy grins! Soaking them up while they last!

I gotta go shower and get ready - the kids have skating tonight after school. *sigh*
Oh shoot, and I need to get some pictures off my camera and online.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:20 PM   #18
JKLmama
Registered
Formely: monstersmom
seller

My Mood:

I need to catch up but thought I would share some pics with you girls
Joah Boa

Khloe Bear

:<3:

and how can you resist a sleeping baby

and a not so sleeping baby

Landon in his longies he has had for 3 yrs... :lol:

sorry for the overload I couldn't choose

WELCOME TO THE WORLD BOWEN PIERCE our little Leap baby 2/29
JKLmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:18 PM   #19
VibrantBlue
Registered Users
Formerly: jlepitzki
seller

Amanda, what cuties you have!

Terra - how exciting about the store!

Shannon - yup, -39 is pretty normal around here at this time of the year. I can imagine it's a horrible, horrible shock for you folks in NM though

Not much new to report from me, I'm trying to get a blog post finished up and some readings for school done (so obviously I'm procrastinating).
VibrantBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:23 AM   #20
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Shannon, there is just elderberry syrup you can buy as cough syrup. That's what I use. So it doesn't have honey in it. It tastes like blueberry juice. When they are older, I just use lemon and honey- for sore throats and coughs. I buy a big thing of honey and a bag of lemons at costco and do equal parts. Leave it in fridge and then either give like cough med, or put it in hot water
She is probably just unsure. Try it when she is in good spirits and DH is around so she might feel "safer". Put her in and immediately start walking, dancing, bouncing around. Kailani used to be scared too.

Man I hate the winter! I am still not used to the cold and I have lived here forevs. Idk how you up-north mamas do it!

Oh, Amanda, I adore those hats! All the kiddos look so beautiful

Elena, do you have the gates propped up, meanwhile? They way my stairs are, I just have to have them leaning against stuff. He has knocked them down, but we are always right there, they are more to give us a few seconds of leeway to get to him before he tumbles.
I love that he screamed for salad! go, big boy!

Let us know how Livia is, Terra! Did you figure out the back carry? Put the waist up high and tighten a lot!

AFM: got a yamo yesterday and we like it. It is very narrow, but I adore the hood. The curved waist band, I dunno. I am used to the beco. I am planning on using that for front carries for now (since I don't have a bw-ing coat) and using it when we are out. The beco I will leave in the house for back carries.

AFK: I dunno. He got diarrhea again last night. After a normal poo on the potty. Then everywhere a bit later. Then he slept for HOURS and hours. Not sure if it's an allergy? he had no fever. And he wasn't upset. :shrug: The day before he had had his rice puffs cereal (it is ONLY brown rice), a few whole oats (like cheerios) and sucked on a pepper strip and lettuce leaf. He loves those whole oats. He crunches them in half with his front teeth, and then moves it them to the side to chew them with his gums. He sometimes has trouble getting them in his mouth (they stick to his hands) so I put them at his lips and he lunges . He nurses the same with solids. but he isn't getting enough of anything to make a difference. And honestly, as babies all my kids still would nurse every 2 hours (around the clock!) until they were toddlers, regardless of how much they ate food-wise.
He has also been getting into stuff he knows he shouldn't. He gets really quiet when he has a cord or something in his hands and he looks at us. When he has his toys, he is noisy and doesn't pay us any mind.
Oh, last night, he was brushing my hair with my brush and babbling to me (like a true hairstylist LOL) and so I tried to get a pic of it with my phone....as soon as he saw the phone he kept staring at it saying, "HI" "HI" "HEY?"

Last edited by bluedaisyma; 02-04-2011 at 06:26 AM.
bluedaisyma is offline   Reply With Quote