Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2011, 09:13 PM   #21
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: JuneBugs - Valentine's Chat Thread! (February)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLmama View Post
I need to catch up but thought I would share some pics with you girls
all the pics, Amanda! What a bunch of cuties!!! Every time I see pics of Khloe and Joah I just can't believe how big they've gotten - they were just so itty bitty, and now look at 'em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma View Post
Man I hate the winter! I am still not used to the cold and I have lived here forevs. Idk how you up-north mamas do it!

Elena, do you have the gates propped up, meanwhile? They way my stairs are, I just have to have them leaning against stuff. He has knocked them down, but we are always right there, they are more to give us a few seconds of leeway to get to him before he tumbles.
I love that he screamed for salad! go, big boy!

AFK: I dunno. He got diarrhea again last night. After a normal poo on the potty. Then everywhere a bit later. Then he slept for HOURS and hours. Not sure if it's an allergy? he had no fever. And he wasn't upset. :shrug: The day before he had had his rice puffs cereal (it is ONLY brown rice), a few whole oats (like cheerios) and sucked on a pepper strip and lettuce leaf. He loves those whole oats. He crunches them in half with his front teeth, and then moves it them to the side to chew them with his gums. He sometimes has trouble getting them in his mouth (they stick to his hands) so I put them at his lips and he lunges . He nurses the same with solids. but he isn't getting enough of anything to make a difference. And honestly, as babies all my kids still would nurse every 2 hours (around the clock!) until they were toddlers, regardless of how much they ate food-wise.
He has also been getting into stuff he knows he shouldn't. He gets really quiet when he has a cord or something in his hands and he looks at us. When he has his toys, he is noisy and doesn't pay us any mind.
Oh, last night, he was brushing my hair with my brush and babbling to me (like a true hairstylist LOL) and so I tried to get a pic of it with my phone....as soon as he saw the phone he kept staring at it saying, "HI" "HI" "HEY?"
Umm... we suffer from SAD, go stir-crazy with cabin fever, and wait desperately for spring?! Seriously, though, it sucks. I hate winter and especially come about now - I'm actually fine with it all before and through Christmas, but after that, I want spring! I can't wait to be able to walk to the school with the kids again.

No, we don't have the gates up/out at all - DH needs to get the one in the hall put up so Levi can't reach the olders' rooms (teeny toys), and we're still waiting on the dang replacement hinges for the stairs one. For now, Levi just stays in sight of us at all times, unfortunately.
We do have a pressure gate (for the deck, for the dog, when it's nice and we're away and he's outside) and there's a place we can put it up in the dining area so Levi can't reach the kitchen at all (where the stairs are to the basement) but he stands up holding that gate and shakes it - and it fell over on him the other day.
So, again, for now he just stays in my/our sight all the time. Not always fun, but it's working for now. It will definitely be nice to not always have to take him downstairs just to move around laundry or whatnot, though.

Sounds more like a mild tummy bug - with the diarrhea and the extra sleepiness. Poor dude.
Levi does that too - gets quiet when he is getting into things he shouldn't be! He loves the computer "corner" - all the cords and whatnot, and loves the magazine shelf (still loves to rip paper!). He has found (and adores!) the dog's dish, love to splash in the water and dump it all out - although he's not terribly quiet while doing that, lol. And he keeps trying to get into the cupboard and drag out the bag of flour! Turkey!

AFM: The older kids' ski trip got canceled today because it got warm enough to rain overnight last night and turned the roads to ice - all the highways north of town were closed. Isaac was more bummed than they were cuz he didn't get to go to my friend's house for the day! They have rescheduled it, though, so hopefully that day it will all work out.

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:33 PM   #22
Terra76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post

Is it just uncomfy for you back carrying? I do so adore back carrying!

Sorry she's still Lots of that going around this year, unfortunately.
What kinds of things are you planning to sell in the store? !

AFM: Yup, that's about what's happening here - !!!
Levi's getting all over the place - which would be a lot more fun if the darn replacement hinges for our stairs gate would arrive!
He's saying "mum mum" still and says "baba" for dada. The past couple days he's saying "a-da" and I'm quite sure meaning "all done".
And I've never had/seen a kid take to solids like he has, just so quickly. If he sees any of us with food he crawls over and yells until we share Yet, and I'm so happy with this part, he knows when he's done, he stops on his own, and he's still wanting to nurse just as much as ever. Couldn't ask for a better "solids starting"! I'll admit, I was hoping not to start them until 8+ months with him, but ah well. He's obviously ready and wanting them, so be it.
No teeth yet, but I think there's something more happening in there on the bottom - definitely white bumpy gums. Shucks, I love me some gummy grins! Soaking them up while they last!

I gotta go shower and get ready - the kids have skating tonight after school. *sigh*
Oh shoot, and I need to get some pictures off my camera and online.
Yup Livia is still I have been wanting to take her in but the weather has left the roads too treturous plus the super bowl is down here and half the dang roads are closed and from what appears to be closed, I couldn't get with in 8 blocks of the peds office So we are waiting it out for now.
I am opening a cloth diaper store I am authorized to sell Bummis, fuzzibunz, ATD-Osocozy, Whammies, Rocky mountain, drybee's, CJ's, Rockin Green and ummm I forget www.mylivylou.com

I don't know how you mama's handle that extreme cold in the great white north! I can't believe your hinges aren't in yet how frustrating. I am glad that solids are going so well. Livia likes her food too I have never had a baby so "in" to her food.
Enjoy your gummy grins mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLmama View Post
I need to catch up but thought I would share some pics with you girls
Joah Boa

Khloe Bear

:<3:

and how can you resist a sleeping baby

and a not so sleeping baby

Landon in his longies he has had for 3 yrs... :lol:

sorry for the overload I couldn't choose
Too too cute!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlepitzki View Post
Amanda, what cuties you have!

Terra - how exciting about the store!

Shannon - yup, -39 is pretty normal around here at this time of the year. I can imagine it's a horrible, horrible shock for you folks in NM though

Not much new to report from me, I'm trying to get a blog post finished up and some readings for school done (so obviously I'm procrastinating).
did you ever get your blogging done and your reading done for school?

Quote:
Shannon, there is just elderberry syrup you can buy as cough syrup. That's what I use. So it doesn't have honey in it. It tastes like blueberry juice. When they are older, I just use lemon and honey- for sore throats and coughs. I buy a big thing of honey and a bag of lemons at costco and do equal parts. Leave it in fridge and then either give like cough med, or put it in hot water
She is probably just unsure. Try it when she is in good spirits and DH is around so she might feel "safer". Put her in and immediately start walking, dancing, bouncing around. Kailani used to be scared too.

Man I hate the winter! I am still not used to the cold and I have lived here forevs. Idk how you up-north mamas do it!

Oh, Amanda, I adore those hats! All the kiddos look so beautiful

Elena, do you have the gates propped up, meanwhile? They way my stairs are, I just have to have them leaning against stuff. He has knocked them down, but we are always right there, they are more to give us a few seconds of leeway to get to him before he tumbles.
I love that he screamed for salad! go, big boy!

Let us know how Livia is, Terra! Did you figure out the back carry? Put the waist up high and tighten a lot!

AFM: got a yamo yesterday and we like it. It is very narrow, but I adore the hood. The curved waist band, I dunno. I am used to the beco. I am planning on using that for front carries for now (since I don't have a bw-ing coat) and using it when we are out. The beco I will leave in the house for back carries.

AFK: I dunno. He got diarrhea again last night. After a normal poo on the potty. Then everywhere a bit later. Then he slept for HOURS and hours. Not sure if it's an allergy? he had no fever. And he wasn't upset. :shrug: The day before he had had his rice puffs cereal (it is ONLY brown rice), a few whole oats (like cheerios) and sucked on a pepper strip and lettuce leaf. He loves those whole oats. He crunches them in half with his front teeth, and then moves it them to the side to chew them with his gums. He sometimes has trouble getting them in his mouth (they stick to his hands) so I put them at his lips and he lunges . He nurses the same with solids. but he isn't getting enough of anything to make a difference. And honestly, as babies all my kids still would nurse every 2 hours (around the clock!) until they were toddlers, regardless of how much they ate food-wise.
He has also been getting into stuff he knows he shouldn't. He gets really quiet when he has a cord or something in his hands and he looks at us. When he has his toys, he is noisy and doesn't pay us any mind.
Oh, last night, he was brushing my hair with my brush and babbling to me (like a true hairstylist LOL) and so I tried to get a pic of it with my phone....as soon as he saw the phone he kept staring at it saying, "HI" "HI" "HEY?"
Hmm I wonder what is up with K and his sudden bouts of diarrhea Could his system just be trying to get used to something other than breastmilk?
I lol'ed at K and the cheerios's sticking to his hands. We have the SAME issue here. It is so funny because Livia will be looking for it because she knows she had it, it didn't make it in her mouth and it must be around somewhere...usually stuck to the back of her hand But she gets mad cuz she things she lost it
I can't get over how advanced K is! Combing hair, being mischievious, standing, The time is just going tooo too fast!

AFM: well Livia is still She doesnt seem any better but doesn't seem any worse. She is nursing plenty and is even still eating food I'm starting to wonder if she doesn't have a cold AND I think she is getting teeth on top of it. L has successfully passed her illness on to E and I have been feeling borderline crappy for a week now.
The strangest thing happened this evening. I decided to take Jul's advice and drag Livy Lou in the shower with me to try and steam out some of her congestion. She cried and fussed for a few minutes and then she put her head on my chest and fell asleep I stood there with her sleeping until the hot water ran out, got out of the shower, dh covered us with towels and I layed down with her in bed while she slept on my chest. She slept there for like an hour. OMG it was wonderful. I love the skin to skin contact...It just felt so right, so natural.

We have had SNOW down here in TX. Lots of Ice too We are just not equipped to deal with the white stuff and frozen water stuff down here. No plows, no salt, no snow shovels or brushes. V hasn't been in school since Monday. She needs to go back to school now...I need her to go back to school now
Terra76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:41 AM   #23
tamarag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Terra I am so excited for you about the store! That is awesome! I have always wanted to open a Brick and Mortar store that carries carriers, diapers and green toys. There is one near us and I could never compete...maybe some day.
Cooper does the same thing with puffs. He doesn't quite have the pincer grip down so then the puffs and cheerios get stuck to his palm. Then he tries to fit his whole palm in his mouth and well that just doesn't work!
So sweet about the shower...Cooper hasn't fallen asleep on my shoulder in about 6-7 months!
Sorry Livy is sick. That stinks. Cooper just got sick yesterday and has the croup cough.

Amanda they are beautiful!

Elena sorry about the kids ski trip. I am sure they were looking forward to it. This Ice has really messed everywhere up!

Jul since you dont have your metal tins anymore how about glass babyfood jard to carry snacks in! I am still thinking about your post about "green" products...
I loved the yamo too! Very comfy...I am still debating the manduca....someone said that it is more narrow through the shoulder so then straps wont fall off my shoulders like with the ergo!

Shannon how is the EMT class going?

AFM: DH went to "take a nap" yesterday at 5 and didn't get up till 7...this morning! Last night I made dinner and zucchini bread so the kitchen was a disaster...he said "oh I will clean up the kitchen after my nap, I just really dont feel good (in the most pitiful voice)" Well the kitchen is still in shambles and it is driving me nuts but I refuse to clean it! This morning he got up, took a shower and has been in his office ever since. I stormed in there and said "thanks for !?*&@-ing cleaning the kitchen you jerk" and stormed out....now he is kissing my arse because he feels bad. What ever jerk! I know that he isn't doing it and said oh I am just trying to get things finished before my open house. I will do it in a little bit. He is waiting because he knows that I will get annoyed and end up doing it!

Cooper is sick. again. Has the nasty croupy cough and green nose but no fever. So weird. He must be like DH... DH has a low body temp so when his temp is 99 it is really like 102 in a normal temped body. I remember the nanvy always talking about his body temp when he had his physicals.

2 of my BG AIO's that i just bought about 2 months ago already have shot elastic! I am so upset because they are my favorite dipes. I need to get some BGE's but in snaps because I hate the velcro on them. I am working with a mom on here to have her replace the velcro on my bg's! I just need someone to do the elastic too! I am debating on buying 2 more bg's before they are gone forever!
Alright must shower while I have the chance!
Old 02-05-2011, 08:42 AM   #24
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra76 View Post
I am opening a cloth diaper store I am authorized to sell Bummis, fuzzibunz, ATD-Osocozy, Whammies, Rocky mountain, drybee's, CJ's, Rockin Green and ummm I forget www.mylivylou.com

I don't know how you mama's handle that extreme cold in the great white north! I can't believe your hinges aren't in yet how frustrating. I am glad that solids are going so well. Livia likes her food too I have never had a baby so "in" to her food.
Enjoy your gummy grins mama

AFM:The strangest thing happened this evening. I decided to take Jul's advice and drag Livy Lou in the shower with me to try and steam out some of her congestion. She cried and fussed for a few minutes and then she put her head on my chest and fell asleep I stood there with her sleeping until the hot water ran out, got out of the shower, dh covered us with towels and I layed down with her in bed while she slept on my chest. She slept there for like an hour. OMG it was wonderful. I love the skin to skin contact...It just felt so right, so natural.

We have had SNOW down here in TX. Lots of Ice too We are just not equipped to deal with the white stuff and frozen water stuff down here. No plows, no salt, no snow shovels or brushes. V hasn't been in school since Monday. She needs to go back to school now...I need her to go back to school now
That looks like a great start! I would love to set up a store - both online and in my house - to sell diapers and things like that. But I really don't have the $$ to start anything up anyways.
Yeah sucks. And so does our postal system right now - I have no clue why, but it's super slow. Everything is getting hung up and taking forever to arrive - like my hinges!

love it when they fall asleep on us! Although... there are times I really wish Levi would sleep not on someone. Ah well, we'll get there. The shower must have really helped her relax and feel better.

I just read a news article that there was some ice/snow that fell off the roof of wherever the super-bowl is being held, injured a bunch of guys. Y'all are just not prepared for this weather - and why would you be?! Totally not normal at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarag View Post
AFM: DH went to "take a nap" yesterday at 5 and didn't get up till 7...this morning! Last night I made dinner and zucchini bread so the kitchen was a disaster...he said "oh I will clean up the kitchen after my nap, I just really dont feel good (in the most pitiful voice)" Well the kitchen is still in shambles and it is driving me nuts but I refuse to clean it! This morning he got up, took a shower and has been in his office ever since. I stormed in there and said "thanks for !?*&@-ing cleaning the kitchen you jerk" and stormed out....now he is kissing my arse because he feels bad. What ever jerk! I know that he isn't doing it and said oh I am just trying to get things finished before my open house. I will do it in a little bit. He is waiting because he knows that I will get annoyed and end up doing it!

Cooper is sick. again. Has the nasty croupy cough and green nose but no fever. So weird. He must be like DH... DH has a low body temp so when his temp is 99 it is really like 102 in a normal temped body. I remember the nanvy always talking about his body temp when he had his physicals.

2 of my BG AIO's that i just bought about 2 months ago already have shot elastic! I am so upset because they are my favorite dipes. I need to get some BGE's but in snaps because I hate the velcro on them. I am working with a mom on here to have her replace the velcro on my bg's! I just need someone to do the elastic too! I am debating on buying 2 more bg's before they are gone forever!
Well... and to all that!

I bet you could return the BGs for replacement, if you bought them new? I'm sure there's a warranty on them for some time?

AFM: I need to go for groceries sometime after lunch. Hopefully this fog will dissipate by then! I'm hoping to go watch my friend's little girl highland dance tonight, too. I was planning to take Ruthie with me, but she's been a terror this morning and has lost the chance to go. :/
Old 02-05-2011, 08:49 AM   #25
Iris1980
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Reading here and there and thinking about all you Junebug Mamas.
I miss you ladies, I will try to catch up soon and post some Keegi pics,
Old 02-05-2011, 01:09 PM   #26
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Elena, our house, even with gates, isn't childproofed and I don't know how it can be right now. It's small and we have lots of stuff, etc, so even with the gates up, we don't leave the room. I used to be able to when he was just sitting, or crawling backwards. Now he is super fast and will put something in his mouth in a second! Or pull something down on himself, etc.
That's funny about him and flour! Maybe you have a true "baker" on your hands

Terra, that's precious about Livia! Kailani has almost knocked on on me in the tub and shower when it was his nap time. Actually, I think he did fall asleep on me in the tub once
Cute website! Can't wait to see how you do! GL!
That snow! Hana's family was so excited. His niece got to see snow for the 1st time (they are in SA) but they said it was 19 degrees in the morning and 65 by the afternoon!

Tamara, is your kitchen cleaned yet? I hate when men do that. My DH swears it's unintentional, but who knows?

Hi Iris I sure miss you!! :hug:

AFK: wow, I really don't know. Last night, no rhea but a really red diaper rash and that eczema spot on his thigh again. And he kept going "ahhhhhhh ahhhhhh" and then he would spit up (which he doesn't really do anymore, usually). I am really confused. The rice puffs and the whole o's cereal are wheat and gluten free. He has had tastes of veggies or fruits but doesn't like them except pineapple. The O's have corn and rice flour. But produced at a plant that may have peanuts and soy....so, corn? soy? He didn't have a rash after the pineapple a while ago or the white rice. Or the quinoa I don't think.
Yesterday he had quinoa at night with a taste of chicken. during the day he had the rice puffs and the whole o's. It would be weird if he was allergic to brown rice but not white. Someone also said the way they process cereal is bad, so and also

AFM: if anyone in the US has gone to Great Harvest, you will know how awesome their bread is...I had looked into buying one years ago to run here, but it was too expensive to buy into. I would love, love, love to have a bakery or diner. We need a mom and baby store that sells crunchy stuff around here too, but i would rather bake. I could have a b****** friendly and kid-friendly cafe, that would be fun!

K is up after a nice nap, so I am off!
Old 02-05-2011, 05:05 PM   #27
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iris1980 View Post
Reading here and there and thinking about all you Junebug Mamas.
I miss you ladies, I will try to catch up soon and post some Keegi pics,
No worries about keeping caught up, just update us on you all!

Quote:
Elena, our house, even with gates, isn't childproofed and I don't know how it can be right now. It's small and we have lots of stuff, etc, so even with the gates up, we don't leave the room. I used to be able to when he was just sitting, or crawling backwards. Now he is super fast and will put something in his mouth in a second! Or pull something down on himself, etc.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:55 PM   #28
Terra76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarag View Post
Terra I am so excited for you about the store! That is awesome! I have always wanted to open a Brick and Mortar store that carries carriers, diapers and green toys. There is one near us and I could never compete...maybe some day.
Cooper does the same thing with puffs. He doesn't quite have the pincer grip down so then the puffs and cheerios get stuck to his palm. Then he tries to fit his whole palm in his mouth and well that just doesn't work!
So sweet about the shower...Cooper hasn't fallen asleep on my shoulder in about 6-7 months!
Sorry Livy is sick. That stinks. Cooper just got sick yesterday and has the croup cough.

Amanda they are beautiful!

Elena sorry about the kids ski trip. I am sure they were looking forward to it. This Ice has really messed everywhere up!

Jul since you dont have your metal tins anymore how about glass babyfood jard to carry snacks in! I am still thinking about your post about "green" products...
I loved the yamo too! Very comfy...I am still debating the manduca....someone said that it is more narrow through the shoulder so then straps wont fall off my shoulders like with the ergo!

Shannon how is the EMT class going?

Thanks for the encouragement Tamara I thought about going B&M but honestly there really isn't a ton of profits in diapers. Maybe green toys I haven't checked into that yet and I would LOVE to carry BW stuff Anywho, It would be tough to cover the overhead for a B&M store.

I can't believe Cooper is sick again Poor mama and poor baby! We haven't had any croupe like illness. I think I would totally freak out.

So, did dh clean the kitchen :angry: Poo on him!!

If you bought your bg's new a few months ago, they are covered by warranty. Cotton Babies has a one year warranty. You can get an RMA from the website and ship them in. I had to do that with a few BGE's and I had new ones in about 2 weeks. I was out the shipping cost to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
That looks like a great start! I would love to set up a store - both online and in my house - to sell diapers and things like that. But I really don't have the $$ to start anything up anyways.
Yeah sucks. And so does our postal system right now - I have no clue why, but it's super slow. Everything is getting hung up and taking forever to arrive - like my hinges!

love it when they fall asleep on us! Although... there are times I really wish Levi would sleep not on someone. Ah well, we'll get there. The shower must have really helped her relax and feel better.

I just read a news article that there was some ice/snow that fell off the roof of wherever the super-bowl is being held, injured a bunch of guys. Y'all are just not prepared for this weather - and why would you be?! Totally not normal at all.

Well... and to all that!

I bet you could return the BGs for replacement, if you bought them new? I'm sure there's a warranty on them for some time?

AFM: I need to go for groceries sometime after lunch. Hopefully this fog will dissipate by then! I'm hoping to go watch my friend's little girl highland dance tonight, too. I was planning to take Ruthie with me, but she's been a terror this morning and has lost the chance to go. :/
Thanks Elena! I have wanted to do this for a long time but lacked the funds to start. DH let me use a good chunk of our tax return to do this. I him for believing in me.

Wow I hope your mail system gets it together and delivers your flippin hinges! My goodness!

Livia doesn't usually sleep unless she has a boobie near by so she sleeps on me pretty often but the shower thing was so different.

Quote:

Terra, that's precious about Livia! Kailani has almost knocked on on me in the tub and shower when it was his nap time. Actually, I think he did fall asleep on me in the tub once
Cute website! Can't wait to see how you do! GL!
That snow! Hana's family was so excited. His niece got to see snow for the 1st time (they are in SA) but they said it was 19 degrees in the morning and 65 by the afternoon!

Tamara, is your kitchen cleaned yet? I hate when men do that. My DH swears it's unintentional, but who knows?

Hi Iris I sure miss you!! :hug:

AFK: wow, I really don't know. Last night, no rhea but a really red diaper rash and that eczema spot on his thigh again. And he kept going "ahhhhhhh ahhhhhh" and then he would spit up (which he doesn't really do anymore, usually). I am really confused. The rice puffs and the whole o's cereal are wheat and gluten free. He has had tastes of veggies or fruits but doesn't like them except pineapple. The O's have corn and rice flour. But produced at a plant that may have peanuts and soy....so, corn? soy? He didn't have a rash after the pineapple a while ago or the white rice. Or the quinoa I don't think.
Yesterday he had quinoa at night with a taste of chicken. during the day he had the rice puffs and the whole o's. It would be weird if he was allergic to brown rice but not white. Someone also said the way they process cereal is bad, so and also

AFM: if anyone in the US has gone to Great Harvest, you will know how awesome their bread is...I had looked into buying one years ago to run here, but it was too expensive to buy into. I would love, love, love to
have a bakery or diner. We need a mom and baby store that sells crunchy stuff around here too, but i would rather bake. I could have a b****** friendly and kid-friendly cafe, that would be fun!

K is up after a nice nap, so I am off!
Thanks for the encouragement Jul!
I wonder what the heck is up with K and the eczema/rhea? Could the two be non-related? IDK? I would maybe try cutting out the cereal for a bit and reintroducing it to see if he reacts?

Lucky SA!! We have been in subarctic temps since this all started on Tuesday. not warming past the 20's except for today we made it to the 50's so things are melting Would have been nice to have snow for the morning and gone for the afternoon I did let dd and ds play in yesterday. It was a first DS and he had alot of fun eating it

AFM: It has been a busy day! We went and got V and E haircuts. V is donating her to the locks of Love. I am so proud of her. She got her hair cut pretty short to make sure they would accept it. Then we went to best buy, McDonalds , the furniture store and back home. I am ready for bed!
Terra76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:42 AM   #29
tamarag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ugh I have the stomach flu and another blocked duct!
Old 02-06-2011, 09:05 AM   #30
MeCo7707
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi ladies -
I've read but I will admit I'm being totally self-involved right now. Sorry I haven't been on we haven't had internet for a whole month!

I was talking with my mom yesterday and she asked how we were and I said busy, Monday and Wednesday I teach and Tuesday and Thursday I have theater stuff. And she then asked "do you ever spend time with the kids" and I said yes 24/7 they are always with me, strapped to me, cuddling me, sleeping with me, my night time activities run about 2-3 hours a night. She then replied, no Meredith I mean quality time, not just cart them around and ignore them time, I meant is Henna using the potty like she should or are you ignoring her. WTF? Seriously - my family had NO IDEA what EC was prior to me having Zaylee Ann, and it has been a weird road with Henna but just because she's not fully and totally diaperless doesn't mean I don't spend time with my kids. Anyway so I'm having a rough day because I just told DH that I feel guilty for even doing anything for myself, and how I feel like a bad mom because I don't cater to everyone's wants right away because some days I can't - and then my mom tells me I'm being negletful because Henna isn't out of dipes yet. URG

Anyway Henna has 10 teeth, can walk but refuses to because she hates falling, and is using the potty at home but is scared to death of public toilets so I'm not pushing it.

I will try to be back on more and be less grumpy Have a good weekend!