Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2011, 05:56 PM   #1
BabyD'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

Rescue Remedy

I've been having some anxiety (possibly baby blues issues). I've always had an anxiety problem, but it seems exacerbated after the birth of my little ones. I just had DS 2.5 wks ago and I'm thinking about taking something this go around. I HATE to take anything during pregnancy/bf'ing. With my daughter I avoided meds at all costs, but now I'm thinking maybe it would be worth it for my sanity. I don't want to take a prescription med so I was looking at natural remedies. I came across rescue remedy and was wondering if anyone has used it. It seems to be okay will bfing and is even listed on kellymom as being able to possibly help milk production.

Advertisement

Old 02-04-2011, 09:59 PM   #2
Binah Birth
Registered Users
Formerly: Sew Cute Creations
seller

My Mood:
Re: Rescue Remedy

I use it while pregnant, and I wouldn't hesitate to use it while BFing. It won't get into your milk.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:12 AM   #3
melliepie
Registered Users

I don't know anything about Rescue Remedy, but I wanted to give ya some . I've dealt with anxiety for years, and after a really bad episode 4 yrs ago I had some therapy and have been in control of it ever since. I still get anxiety(everyone does), i just know what it is and know how to deal with it. Having a baby can be anxiety producing for anyone, its a major life changing event. Give yourself some slack in feeling anxious, most people do, and adding lack of sleep to the mix no wonder we feel anxious. Anyways a great program on dealing with anxiety is by Lucindia Bassett. A friend lent it to me and I learned a lot from her program. It really really helped. You will work through it and it will pass Hopefully others will have info on Rescue Remedy.
Take care and Congrats on your LO

Last edited by melliepie; 02-05-2011 at 09:19 AM.
melliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:26 AM   #4
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Yes! Great idea! I use it on me and my kids. My MW just told me it is a great choice and fine during pregnancy and/or breastfeeding. I prefer the spray, but am using the drops right now and that is fine. I gave my SIL a bottle when she was having stress induced migraines and she hasn't had them since, she was very skeptical but I changed her tune.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:53 PM   #5
BabyD'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the support/advice mamas! I am going to buy some of the spray. Cristina, which kind do you use on your LOs? I think I want to try it with my DD too.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:04 PM   #6
ksingh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use Chamomile and Lavender tea at bedtime. But, if its safe then go for it!
ksingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:12 PM   #7
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyD'sMommy View Post
Thanks for the support/advice mamas! I am going to buy some of the spray. Cristina, which kind do you use on your LOs? I think I want to try it with my DD too.
I used the same spray, but they got half the recommended dose. My holistic practioner told me to do this, since it saves $$, and the kids stuff is the same just diluted to half strength. Also, 2 of my kids like the way tastes , and one doesn't so I put it in his juice.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:45 PM   #8
BabyD'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
I used the same spray, but they got half the recommended dose. My holistic practioner told me to do this, since it saves $$, and the kids stuff is the same just diluted to half strength. Also, 2 of my kids like the way tastes , and one doesn't so I put it in his juice.
That is what I was thinking about doing, but doesn't it have alcohol in it? I thought I read 27% content or something?

Last edited by BabyD'sMommy; 02-07-2011 at 06:46 PM.
BabyD'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:25 PM   #9
Erinne
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyD'sMommy View Post
That is what I was thinking about doing, but doesn't it have alcohol in it? I thought I read 27% content or something?
I use the regular one on my dd. It does have alcohol, but not enough to matter.