Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2011, 09:27 AM   #1
firemommaof1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question cramps - growing pains or something more???

Hey mamas. Hoping to get your opinions please.

So Monday I was super busy (wal-mart, costco, post office, DS had Karate... all while I have a 3yr old I'm dragging around)
So I was out shopping and started feeling cramps like I'm going to get my period. Kind of heavy 'down stairs' and really just annyoing feeling uncomfortable. I over look it and keep running around...

Tuesday is kind of the same. Hubby and I are getting ready in the morning and then I have a massive stomach cramping pain like I had over stretched a muscle or something. double over in pain and breathe through it. It passes and we continue on our day. Hit up two sporting good stores, take DD to gymnastics, dog had to go to the vet finally get home... then the nightly routine but by the end of the night my belly felt so hard and uncomfortable. Just all over tight and miserable... so I lay down once the kids are in bed and drink lots of water. It's better if I'm laying down.

Not sure how today is going to go. I'm feeling good this morning but it's still early lol. I'm just getting DS off to school and sipping some coffee.

Anyway would this concern any of you?? I guess if it was one thing I would let it go but all of them make me a little worried
I hate to call the ob office cuz I don't want to be that lady who obsesses over every little pain you know... and it's my 3rd baby so I should have my act together. Oh and with DD I went into labor at 32 weeks and they successfully stopped it. She came at 37 weeks.

Would you call? let it go? I think I'll see how today goes and if I feel weird I'll give them a call Thanks for reading.

Advertisement

Kai Grayson Arrived June 3 2014
firemommaof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:38 AM   #2
SchatziB
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: cramps - growing pains or something more???

That's just how I would describe my Braxton Hicks, especially when I have been running around all day. But with your history with your DD it wouldn't hurt to call and just tell them what's going on. Just say "I think they might be BH/general pregnancy uncomfortablness but what are the signs I should look out for." Having someone lay out more details or timeframes for you might make you feel better.

Well here we go again!
SchatziB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:42 AM   #3
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

The hardness sounds like BH, I get them if I do too much, and shopping pushing the cart always does it. If you have a throbbing pain down there, it's probably due to blood pooling down there, your blood supply has increased.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:37 AM   #4
doodah
Registered Users
seller

mine just started this week! Uncomfortable tightness and pain in the lower belly and those pains that happen when you get up suddenly and something stretches. very common for me in the last trimester (except I am not quite 26 weeks yet). This is always on the days I have just done too much. You need to slow down mama and space out your errands more.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:49 AM   #5
firemommaof1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodah View Post
mine just started this week! Uncomfortable tightness and pain in the lower belly and those pains that happen when you get up suddenly and something stretches. very common for me in the last trimester (except I am not quite 26 weeks yet). This is always on the days I have just done too much. You need to slow down mama and space out your errands more.
Yep this is exactly me! I am going to relax more and not do to much during one day. Today I feel great so I'm not to worried. My ob nurse (I did call her) said I could come in if I'm concerned but right now I'm not.

Thanks mamas. I think this is pretty normal for right now. I didn't get BH's with the others but then again I wasn't running after two other kids then
Must take it more easy
Kai Grayson Arrived June 3 2014
firemommaof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:52 AM   #6
mamamegan841
Registered Users
seller

Sounds like Braxton Hicks to me too. I get them if I have been unusually busy or active. When you start feeling them just sit or lay down and relax and drink some water to get them to stop.
mamamegan841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:13 PM   #7
Mama4Ways
Registered Users

Sounds like BH, but my rule of thumb is always to call just to be sure. Its better to be assured you are fine than to worry you arent.

Take it easier!
Old 02-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #8
sh0rtchica
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i also never had BH with my first, but get them ALL.THE.TIME now. just went through two in the last hour get some rest, remember to carry a water bottle around with you too.
sh0rtchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:06 PM   #9
Salidwyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Water is good and so is taking it easy! I ran into this when I cleared the freezing rain off my car yesterday. Not the smartest thing I could have done and should have just waited for DH but there was a stubborn "I want it done and I can do it myself!" moment. Got some nice contractions from that one!