Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-18-2007, 06:10 PM   #11
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Naming themes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultconsumer View Post
We went with a Scandinavian theme. DH is 3/4 Norwegian and I have a little in my family history as well.

BTW, in Norway, Rune is pronounced roo-nuh, because final e's have a sound, they aren't silent. I don't know what it means in Norwegian, but I like how it sounds.
Ahhh, didn't know that! Interesting... My book doesn't have that origin though. It says "German/Swedish: Secret" and "English: Puzzle". And its pronounced just plain old ROON.

Advertisement

Last edited by urchin_grey; 03-18-2007 at 06:13 PM.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 06:31 PM   #12
kissy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My mom's family had a R theme. My nanny and papa are Robbie and Richard and they had Richard, Rhonda, Randy, Renee and Ramona..lol..Then I named my kids Ryen and Evan both 4 letter names..except Evan is really Barry Evan because dh's family has a history of naming first son Barry different middle though. Evan is his mom's maiden name they are all gone now so except his mom so this way the name sort of lives on..If we have a girl I am going to name her Elise though so it will ruin 4 letter names.. I just love that name.
kissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 06:48 PM   #13
twinsmomkatie
Registered Users
seller

Some friends of ours are naming all their children after friends of the apostle Paul . . . so far they have Titus and Prisca (actually, Priscilla), and their next baby is going to be Silas if it's a boy.

I thought that was pretty cool!
Old 03-18-2007, 06:57 PM   #14
ravenonyx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have a tree theme

Ash, Willow, and Rowan. (Ash was almost Hawthorne.. lol!)
Old 03-18-2007, 07:00 PM   #15
Proverbs169
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Nope, not here. I have an A, S, and K, but that wasn't on purpose, LOL. We pay more attention to the meaning behind the name than anything else.
Proverbs169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 07:40 PM   #16
KatiesMom
Registered Users

My Mood:

We don't have a theme, but my nephew's middle name is Tecumseh (Native American) and my MIL hates it. Needless to say Katie almost had a middle name of Sacajawea because I thought the Native American names were cool and it would really make MIL mad. Two great reasons. But Katarina Sacajawea is a bit obnoxious sounding with our very foreign sounding last name.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:01 AM   #17
HeatherB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We originally tried for a numbering theme. DH and I both have 7 letters in our first name, and with my maiden name and his middle name, we both have 9 letters. Our last name is also 7 letters. I love patterns, so we wanted to keep it up! DS1 has 7 letters in his first name, but 9 letter boys' names are hard to come by! So we went in favor of meaning and not numbers. With the 2nd DS, we also went for meaning but actually switched from the other "theme" of biblical/Hebrew names, and used a Celtic variant of a VERY common biblical name (and a Hebrew middle name). Both boys have middle names after biblical kings, though, so at least there's SOME trend! If we have a girl... all bets are off!!
HeatherB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:40 AM   #18
1happymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We like the less common Bible names for first names but we're not locked in to that pattern. For middle names we like to use family names for the boys. For the girls, there just aren't any "good" names for the middle so we go with whatever blends. Our DDs middle name is Hawaiian because that's where we were for our first years of marriage and the early part of her pregnancy.
1happymama is offline   Reply With Quote