Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #1
Guccimouse
Registered Users
seller

Favorite BF top/bra...

what is it and why? I'm having issues with find a solution that works. All the BFing tops I hate and the regular tops don't provide enough coverage. And I also have the problem that I leak...a lot...so I have to keep pads on me at all times and they move around a lot and it's a pain. Right now I just don't go anywhere anymore. But I'm also getting ready to purchase a ssc and would like to use it while nursing on the go. Spring is almost here and my older kids will be starting sports soon. Help!

Advertisement

Old 02-02-2011, 09:27 PM   #2
turndo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Favorite BF top/bra...

What about a good tank like the bravado tanks? They have a built in bra instead of a shelf bra. They are super comfy provide great coverage. I wear alot of tanks under shirts & zip up jackets. I also like the cheap tanks from Wal-Mart but they have a shelf bra so I don't know if pads would stay in place well.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:37 PM   #3
aylasmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Meh. I bought a lot of nursing bras and at this point I could care less. IMO find a couple comfortable soft cup bras and you can wear whatever shirt you please and your pads will stay in place. When buying tops I went with mostly sweetheart, scoop or otherwise lower necklines and some button fronts.

Foggy Knits WAHM Page Foggy Knits Facebook
aylasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:29 AM   #4
sandy_dandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I always wore a tank top under a T-shirt. Shirt pulls up, tank pulls down, and you nurse. It worked with any nursing bra.

Are you wearing cloth or disposable nursing pads? There are some WAHMs who make great ones.

Hi! I'm Sandy, Rob's wife (7/06) & mommy to Eddie (9/09) and Katelyn (9/12).
Let me convert your bras to nursing bras! WAHM store open now! IHA/ISO
Independent Scentsy Family Consultant - love owning my own business!
sandy_dandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:16 AM   #5
LovnMyBoys
Registered Users
seller

My favourite by far are my Momzelle tops. I just wear them with any nursing bras.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:46 AM   #6
Guccimouse
Registered Users
seller

I think a tank top with an actual built in bra might work. Right now I'm just using a nursing tank top with a shelf bra and my boobs are all over the place including the pads. I was looking at the momzelle tops and was wondering if they were worth the money. I need to figure something out 'cause what I have does not work...especially when we go out. I either feel to exposed or there is to much in the way for my baby to nurse properly. Where is a good place to shop for BF bras?
Old 02-03-2011, 12:01 PM   #7
Sophia&Daria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had issues with coverage too and my favorite was the cheapest from Target with underwire, full coverage. Everything stays in place including your pad. Kind of looks like grandma bra, but I loved it. I didn't wear my nursing tank that much, had a uniboob if I didn't wear it with a bra and if I wore it on top of the bra, I felt like it was suffocating me. Henley shirts are the best for me.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:26 PM   #8
oceanwesties
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I actually don't use any nursing shirts or bras. I wear all my normal tops which are just pull over shirts/t shirts from Old Navy usually... As far as bras, I have some old Victoria Secret IPEX bras that I love. Its just a soft cup bra with no wire and I just lift my shirt and whip out the breast and feed baby and put it back in. I have no advice on the pads though since I am allergic to them. I couldnt stand nursing bras, the whole unsnapping and resnapping thing was annoying to me. Easier just to whip it out and stuff it back in ...

Last edited by oceanwesties; 02-03-2011 at 03:31 PM.
oceanwesties is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:59 PM   #9
Aydinsmom
Registered Users
seller

I have a few great nursing tanks - one of the Bravados (my favorite and am planning to get another) and a Pea in the Pod one. Sometimes I just wear regular shirts, but the tanks are great if you are going out and have to feed in public. Much less of a production when you have a nursing tank. Just take off your overshirt, unsnap and you're ready to go.
Aydinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:11 AM   #10
sandy_dandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guccimouse View Post
I think a tank top with an actual built in bra might work. Right now I'm just using a nursing tank top with a shelf bra and my boobs are all over the place including the pads. I was looking at the momzelle tops and was wondering if they were worth the money. I need to figure something out 'cause what I have does not work...especially when we go out. I either feel to exposed or there is to much in the way for my baby to nurse properly. Where is a good place to shop for BF bras?
Depends on your size and your budget. Online, try www.breakoutbras.com or www.figleaves.com. In person, try Target if you are DD or smaller. If larger, I'd stick with those online stores.

Hi! I'm Sandy, Rob's wife (7/06) & mommy to Eddie (9/09) and Katelyn (9/12).
Let me convert your bras to nursing bras! WAHM store open now! IHA/ISO
Independent Scentsy Family Consultant - love owning my own business!
sandy_dandy is offline   Reply With Quote