Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2011, 03:39 AM   #1
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:
May Flowers Chat Feb 3rd.

Good morning! It is very cold in MS today!!

Surprised that they haven't canceled school since the roads could be rather interesting considering all the rain and freezing wind we have had. I know it is nothing compared to the blizzards but there are to salt trucks here so the roads get bad very easily!

We have school today and I am meeting with the girls administrator of their school since I have been rather appalled at the menu for the past month. We are paying for this so I expect nutritious meals to be served not canned pears 3 days in a row. So hopefully that meeting will be productive.

Have a great day ladies!

QOTD: What is one trait you hope gets passed on to your baby?

AOTD: I really hope this little guy is as laid back as his Daddy! I am high strung and anxious while DH is a rather cool customer I really would love a laid back and lovey baby

Advertisement

Old 02-03-2011, 06:24 AM   #2
cococomey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: May Flowers Chat Feb 3rd.

Morning~

Very foggy and humid here but at least it will be 70*

Working today and my LO goes to the church for her play date... saves me on using my MIL... although I pay for both... at least this way I don't have to have MIL hanging at my house all day
I Know- I am so mean... but I can live with myself

Looking forward to relaxing this weekend- I can feel my stomach has grown and now I am just a wee bit uncomfortable ....guess that is going to last for the remainder now ...par for the course
Have a good day!

cococomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:32 AM   #3
Mama4Ways
Registered Users

Good morning. Its been a brutal 2 weeks personally for us here, so I'm hoping things ease up. I have an OB appointment today where I know I will be yelled at for losing *more* weight because when Im overly stressed, I dont eat and my dh mentioned last night when he reached to hold me that my "loverly handles" are very soft and loose--rather than the very proud full of luvin they have been. I should be happy, right? Im probably up 10-15 pounds of baby composition, and down 30 pounds so thats a total of like 40 pounds lost. Im gonna be HOT when I have this one... Unfortunately we all know the reality and the grass is always greener.....

Jules--good luck with the school. Id be interested to know how it works out.

AOTD--Uhmm.. Other than intelligence, I hope she gets curls, musical ability (her dad cant carry a tune in a bag or find a rhythm if it smacks him, where as my family are quite natural musicians and dancers etc....) and an interest in athletics. The traits Id love to see, but know wont be coming, are red hair and blue or green eyes as dh just doesn't carry those genes to compliment mine. Sigh. I am hoping she does not pick up my deafness gene, but if she does, it wont be that big of a deal.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:29 AM   #4
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Morning everyone! Still covered in snow here and below freezing. My husband is having his third snow day in a row today. I think we are venturing out today to get the kids OUT OF THE HOUSE. Yesterday we let them play outside for five minutes and any exposed they had started to swell. :woah: It's that darn wind-chill! So we're going to finish our AM chores and stop at McDs for a drink and some playplace.

I have an OB appointment today. They'll probably tell me I've gained a metric ton, but that's okay.

My littlest is deciding that going potty in the toilet is not that fun. Now she will just go a little bit to get the cheer but to get off the toilet so she can go do whatever else she wants. She still WON'T wear a diaper, though, so it's all getting old. *sigh*

AOTD: I want a kid that is a bit more laid back as a toddler, like my oldest one was. Maybe one who will watch TV so I can have a break. That's not typical, though.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:29 AM   #5
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Morning everyone! Still covered in snow here and below freezing. My husband is having his third snow day in a row today. I think we are venturing out today to get the kids OUT OF THE HOUSE. Yesterday we let them play outside for five minutes and any exposed they had started to swell. :woah: It's that darn wind-chill! So we're going to finish our AM chores and stop at McDs for a drink and some playplace.

I have an OB appointment today. They'll probably tell me I've gained a metric ton, but that's okay.

My littlest is deciding that going potty in the toilet is not that fun. Now she will just go a little bit to get the cheer but to get off the toilet so she can go do whatever else she wants. She still WON'T wear a diaper, though, so it's all getting old. *sigh*

AOTD: I want a kid that is a bit more laid back as a toddler, like my oldest one was. Maybe one who will watch TV so I can have a break. That's not typical, though.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:33 AM   #6
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It was 69 degrees yesterday and today it 36, probably going to be in the lower 40's though.

Today is DD#1 and DD#3 birthday! We are having a party on Sunday for all the girls, so I don't know if we are doing anything "special" today or not.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:08 AM   #7
ralesiah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hello! It's cold here today but the streets have been cleared so I think we'll actually make it to the sonogram appt. Hopefully baby cooperates and we get to find out gender. Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-03-2011, 08:26 AM   #8
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Happy Birthday to your little ones Stacey!

Jules hope you have a good and productive meeting with the schools...my big pet peeve is nachos (which are chips and processed cheese)....when did that become a meal?!

As for me: another day with babies inside! Got the steroid shot this morning so I should be a joy today I've heard. Other than that I am feeling okay.

QOTD: Would love for these girls to get dark dark hair...all of our other children have light brown hair despite my nearly black and his black hair. Also his little ears, my musical talent, his skinny legs, our intelligence....but most of all...that they just stay inside long enough!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2011, 09:16 AM   #9
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

Happy Birthday to the little girlies

Jules, good luck w/ that! I usually just pack my girls' lunches b/c the school lunches are so bad. We have to pay for them, and I hate paying for junk I wouldn't let them eat at home. Our school also serves breakfast and the girls like to eat it for social reasons. It's JUNK! Today's was Cinnamon Tastie (read off-label poptart). I don't care what else you put with it, tha'ts JUNK! Mine had to eat before they went to school I do think school lunches are contributing to childhood obesity and diabetis, but I don't see anything I can do about it besides making my kids take their lunches.

Watermelon, glad you are getting the shots and hope babies stay put for a while! Each day is worth so much!

For those w/ warm temps, enjoy them! For those stuck in the snow... stay warm! We missed most of it, just a tiny bit of ice, but our temps are COLD!!! I don't think it will get out of the teens today.

Oh, I forgot that yesterday I let my kids feel the baby kick for the first time. Little Girlie wiggles all the time, but I wanted to wait until I was sure they could feel her before I let them. The girls thought it was SO neat! They are ready for her to come here, I think they plan to dress her up like a doll. My DD2 is a girlie-girl, and she hopes this baby likes to go shopping
Old 02-03-2011, 01:32 PM   #10
wileycolt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Cold here, but sunny. Ran some errands this morning and DS is napping so I am going to take a nap. Have had a stomach bug since yesterday and hoping it passes soon.

AOTD: I hope that Willow gets her daddy's blue eyes, but is laid back like me.