Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
todzwife
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Post YOUR State's day care diapering "rules" here!

I thought it might be helpful for those who are looking for information on diapering regulations in different states. If you have information, please post it here with the state that you are "reporting" for

I'm in New Mexico...all I found regarding diapering is:

A caregiver will change wet and soiled diapers and clothing promptly. A caregiver will not change a diaper in a food preparation area. Caregivers will disinfect the diaper-changing surface and wash their hands and the child’s hands after every diaper change.

A caregiver will change wet and soiled diapers and clothing promptly. A caregiver will not change a diaper in a food preparation area. Caregivers will disinfect the diaper-changing surface and wash their hands and the child’s hands after every diaper change.

. DIAPERING AND TOILETING:

(1) A caregiver will plan toilet training with a parent so the toilet routine is consistent. A center will not attempt to toilet train a child who is not developmentally ready.

(2) A center will change wet and soiled diapers and clothing promptly. Staff members will wear non-porous, single-use gloves when changing a diaper and wash their hands after changing a diaper.

(3) A center will have a change of clothes on hand, including dry, clean clothing and diapers sufficient to meet the needs of each child. A center will label diapers and diapering supplies for each child and store them properly. Diaper bags will be inaccessible to children. Soiled diapers will be stored in a secure container with a tight-fitting lid to assure proper hygiene and control of odors.

(4) A caregiver will change a child’s diaper on a clean, safe, waterproof surface and discard any disposable cover and disinfect the surface after each diaper change.

***So anyone in New Mexico, if your center says it's not legal, they are wrong ***

Advertisement

todzwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:37 PM   #2
cjslater1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Post YOUR State's day care diapering "rules" here!

Missouri

The center should have a safe diapering table with a waterproof washable surface to be used for changing diapers. The ration is one diapering table for every 8 infant/toddlers and one diapering table for every group of sixteen two-year olds. Diapering supplies and a running water should always be available.

(B) Caregivers shall use proper handwashing techniques with soap and warm, running
water after toileting, after assisting a child with toileting, after diapering a child, and at
other times as needed. Good hygiene practices shall be followed during food preparation.
These practices include, but are not limited to, washing hands properly after smoking,
eating, drinking, using the restroom, after touching raw food products and before
preparing and serving food. Hands shall be dried with single-service towels. Caregivers
shall teach and see that children wash their hands at appropriate times: before eating,
after toileting and as needed when hands are soiled;

(D) Diapers and wet clothing shall be changed promptly;

(E) Wet or soiled disposable diapers shall be placed in an airtight disposal container
located in the diaper change area and discardeddaily. If cloth diapers are used, theyshall be stored in airtight plastic bags andremoved from the building daily; and

(F) The diapering and handwashing areas shall be separate from food service areas and food-related materials.

10 CODE OF STATE REGULATIONS (7/31/00) Rebecca McDowell Cook
Secretary of State
19 CSR 30-60—HEALTH Division 30—Division of Health Standards and Licensure
Old 02-03-2011, 07:50 PM   #3
karaboone
Registered Users
seller

I have no idea about state as the army post doesn't have to follow state rules.

Fort Knox, KY (army post) - They will not allow cloth diapering during child care unless you have a doctor's note stating that the child can not physically wear diapers due to a medical issue.

I'm not 100% sure that it's the same at EVERY army post, but from what I hear... it is.

Looks like I'm going to have to figure out how to tell the doctor Rylee is allergic to sposies... maybe this allergic reaction to TIDE can be a good way to say it's the sposies?

ISO/IHA (diapers!!) List :: FS: Baby Legs, Jewelry & More Here!
karaboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:53 PM   #4
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is what I found for Daycare centers in Arkansas

1107 DiaperChanging
1. When infants and toddlers are in care, there shall be a safe diaper changing area which shall be sanitized after every use and equipped with necessary supplies and cleaning materials.
2. Soiled or wet diapers shall be removed and replaced with clean, dry diapers. The caregiver shall ensure that children are properly cleaned and dried.
3. Soiled cloth diapers or clothing shall not be rinsed. If a child's own diapers are used, they shall be sanitarily bagged to be taken home daily.
4. Diaper covers or plastic pants shall be handled in the same manner as cloth diapers.
ReadingRenee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:42 PM   #5
MomToMyMonkeys
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I run a preschool/daycare in Texas, and I don't have the standards in front of me but I can look them up tomorrow.

From what I remember, it just says that diapers must be changed promptly and must be stored in a closed container. It does NOT specify anywhere whether cloth or sposies should be used.

And for the record, I check with my licensing rep after my daughter was born, and he could care less about me allowing cloth.
MomToMyMonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:51 PM   #6
aLittleBouncingSoul
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToMyMonkeys View Post
I run a preschool/daycare in Texas, and I don't have the standards in front of me but I can look them up tomorrow.

From what I remember, it just says that diapers must be changed promptly and must be stored in a closed container. It does NOT specify anywhere whether cloth or sposies should be used.
That's Utah too. My daycare told me the rules were changed this year though, so I'll see what I can find out.
aLittleBouncingSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:58 PM   #7
mama to 2 boyz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=karaboone;12208852]I have no idea about state as the army post doesn't have to follow state rules.

Fort Knox, KY (army post) - They will not allow cloth diapering during child care unless you have a doctor's note stating that the child can not physically wear diapers due to a medical issue.

I'm not 100% sure that it's the same at EVERY army post, but from what I hear... it is.

Looks like I'm going to have to figure out how to tell the doctor Rylee is allergic to sposies... maybe this allergic reaction to TIDE can be a good way to say it's the sposies?[/Q

Hey we are at Ft Knox too.....I teach in Hardin County my husband is deployed right now he just left we actually live on the Dixie HWY in Louisville about 12 minutes from Ft Knox...but were there almost everyday!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:36 AM   #8
onegratefulmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

here is info for group daycare centers in Wisconsin

251.09(4)(a)3.

5. Place disposable soiled diapers and gloves, if used, in a plastic-lined, hands-free, covered container immediately.
6. Place parent-supplied soiled cloth diapers in labeled plastic bags which are kept separate from other clothing.
7. Place center-supplied soiled cloth diapers in a plastic-lined, covered container for washing by a commercial diaper service.
8. Remove soiled diapers from containers as needed but at least daily for washing or disposal. Containers shall be washed and disinfected daily.

here is the link to each states regulations from another mamas post:

http://nrckids.org/STATES/states.htm

Last edited by onegratefulmama; 02-04-2011 at 08:57 AM. Reason: update with link
onegratefulmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:37 AM   #9
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

When I looked into ND's rules about 8 months ago, I couldn't find any, just general diapering practices. No special references were made for cloth. My licensed daycare has no problem with cloth diapers.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:31 PM   #10
todzwife
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

todzwife is offline   Reply With Quote