Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2011, 06:17 PM   #1
meganne79
Registered Users
seller

There is hope for moving placentas!

I know a lot of us May mamas have previas so I wanted to give us all some hope that they will move in time. After 3+ months on basically bed rest, bleeding regularly, being unable to do anything; I've been "released from prison!" My stubborn placenta has moved some . It is still a previa and still will require a c-section if it doesn't keep moving but it moved a good amount finally in the last 4 weeks. My MW is finally talking about maybe a vag. delivery as she finally thinks there is a good chance I do not have an accreta at my cervix (still have to go in for testing to see if there is one elsewhere with my history but at least it isn't attached down low). After 6 weeks of no bleeding I'm allowed to have a life again and we are even going to try to take the girls to CA for a quick vacation.

Next ultrasound is in about 2 weeks (crazy that a lot of us are probably moving on to twice a month appointments too!) so fingers crossed for more good news but hopefully none of us will end up with previas at term!

Advertisement

RN/CNM Student/SAHM to Maggie 03-23-06,
Nora 04-06-09, and Ben 05-03-11
meganne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:22 PM   #2
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: There is hope for moving placentas!

Oh yeah! Let's hope that placenta keeps moving! Mine was low and then moved back up so it definitely is possible. Congratulations!
Old 02-04-2011, 06:27 PM   #3
mama21
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Very Cool! So glad things are working out. Fingers crossed for a vag. delivery!

Bikram yoga lover and CD addict
mama21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:05 PM   #4
jacobsmommy924
Registered Users
seller

Great news! When I was pregnant with DD it moved *just* enough for them to give me to OK to go ahead with a vaginal delivery. Hoping the same happens for you!
jacobsmommy924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:48 PM   #5
ralesiah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So awesome! Keep moving placenta!
Old 02-04-2011, 09:56 PM   #6
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yay! That's great news!

Speaking of twice a month, biweekly appointments...I've been going to MFM just about every two weeks since the beginning of this pregnancy b/c of GD. I also see my reg OB once a month. They just told me they want me to start every two weeks at my regular OB. So, that's going to put me at once a week, alternating between high risk and my regular OB. I think I'll eventually be going twice a week when I hit 34 weeks.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:44 PM   #7
Mommy2JJ
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

That is great news!! I go in a week from Monday and praying for a moving placenta too!! Mine was partial previa, but i've never had bleeding. I hope you can get out and enjoy life again!!!

What is accreta??

Mommy2JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:01 PM   #8
Mommy2JJ
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Okay, yikes just read about accreta. I hope I don't have that, would they have said if there was chance I did, can they tell at the 18-20 week ultrasound? Not going to stress about it, but scary!

Mommy2JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:26 AM   #9
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

YAY!!!! That is fantastic news!!!
Old 02-05-2011, 09:16 AM   #10
meganne79
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2JJ View Post
Okay, yikes just read about accreta. I hope I don't have that, would they have said if there was chance I did, can they tell at the 18-20 week ultrasound? Not going to stress about it, but scary!
Accretas are actually very rare, even more so if you haven't had a previous c-section. I'm just an odd one who had an accreta with my first (undiagnoesd until delivery though). With my second I had a level 2 ultrasound every 2-3 weeks after 28 weeks until I delivered so my peri could watch for any signs of infiltration into or past my uterus. They are quite difficult to diagnose on u/s and MRI is preferable but we elected not to do that as she though she had a pretty good view and was confident I did not have another one. We will go the same route this time. There was a lot more concern when it looked like my placenta was really stuck down by my cervicx as it showed no movement from 12 until sometime between 21 and 25 weeks.

I wouldn't worry too much mama! They really are very rare. I've only ever seen one other one IRL and the mama did have a previous section.

RN/CNM Student/SAHM to Maggie 03-23-06,
Nora 04-06-09, and Ben 05-03-11
meganne79 is offline   Reply With Quote