Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2011, 07:45 AM   #1
carolyn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Back pain

For the past 3 days, I've had almost crippling lower back pain. I'm just over 34 weeks, so I know baby is getting bigger, but this is ridiculous. I'm walking around (barely!) like I'm 95! It's concentrated on my lower right tailbone area, so at first I thought sciatica, but it's just not getting any better.

Is a chiropractor safe at this stage of pregnancy? I'm starting to think my pelvis is out of line or something. Baby was doing some serious acrobatics the night all this pain started, so maybe he managed to pop something loose? I'm not much of a chiro person though, so am a bit skeptical of going...but I'm starting to lose my mind!!

Advertisement

~Expecting #3 in January 2014
carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
jessc82
Registered Users
seller

Re: Back pain

I hope you get to feeling better soon. I see the chiropractor up until delivery.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #3
*Eva*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I see my chiro on the same schedule as I see my ob. More often if needed.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:58 PM   #4
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Sounds like your S-I joint is out of wack. Weight of pregnancy plus relaxin (birth hormone to loosen things up) really can cause A LOT of pain. This happened early in preg. for me. I went to physical therapist who did adjustments. Fixed me right up. Call around for someone who works on preggos!
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:35 PM   #5
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Carolyn, by chance.. do you run the foot pedal to your sewing machines with your right foot? You've been sewing up a storm and that can sure irritate the sciatica. Part of the reason I had so much trouble sewing myself, around that time. I would be literally hobbling in pain for a few days.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:13 PM   #6
Socalwahine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had the same problem and I asked my doctor and what he said is that some of our abdomen muscles are connected to our lower back. This is what causes for our lower back to hurt and for our tail bone to feel sore. I suffered with my sciatica nerve since week 20 as well and that comes from the same muscle around our tail bone.
He told me to do warm baths and put a therma care pack on my back and tailbone for some relief.
Goodluck

DD born 2/6/11
,, and BW mommy
Socalwahine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:53 AM   #7
carolyn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
Carolyn, by chance.. do you run the foot pedal to your sewing machines with your right foot? You've been sewing up a storm and that can sure irritate the sciatica. Part of the reason I had so much trouble sewing myself, around that time. I would be literally hobbling in pain for a few days.
Say...this never crossed my mind, but I bet you're right--because I do use my right foot. Hmm!!

If things aren't better by Monday I will break down and call a chiro; just never been much of a fan. I do have a couple of names of people who treat pregnant women now, so at least I know they're out there!

It's times like this that I really miss being able to take ibuprofin! Tylenol does nothing for me, lol!
~Expecting #3 in January 2014
carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:48 PM   #8
MamaWillow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Look for a chiro that does low-force. It's not the cracking popping kind of chiro, very gentle and super effective. I've had the lower back pain from the moment I found out I was pg (guess I'm all good on the relaxin) and it has helped me so much. I would be hobbling around if it weren't for my beloved chiro!
Rachel, SAHM to a 9yo teenager , a 4yo charmer , and a toddling koala bear , and wife to my hard-working hubs. Mostly AP, co-sleeping (with all 3!), BFing, quite crunchy, thrifty, curly-haired mama. Loving my life.
MamaWillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:07 PM   #9
sunshine_03
Registered Users
seller

Yes I go to the Chiro too and have terrible back pain when prego
sunshine_03 is offline   Reply With Quote