Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2011, 05:30 AM   #1
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:
May Flowers Weeken Chat Feb 5th and 6th.

Good morning!

Had to pick the ladies up from school yesterday since YDD was running a temp that miraculously disappeared when we got home. Target had nada so I think I have just resolved to use the bed set from the girls here is a link. Do you think this is ok? http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Amy-Coe-MOD-...-/160446678472

So today we are going to hit a few stores to get new sheets and stuff. Since the LO will be in our room I am thinking that I will update our bedroom so we have similar sage and chocolate colors so the room is cohesive.

Have a super day!!

QOTD: Would the popularity of a particular name detour you from using it?

AOTD: DH and I were talking names and DH said I still would like to name him after your brother. Well my brother has one of the most popular names currently. That bothers me a bit but should it if I love the name?

Advertisement

Old 02-05-2011, 07:36 AM   #2
Mama4Ways
Registered Users

Re: May Flowers Weeken Chat Feb 5th and 6th.

Im glad its the weekend. That's all I'll say.

Sick kids are the pits. I am envious of your color coordination. Here, we just dont care LOL

AOTD--absolutely. I want a name that people don't go HUH????? with this time, but definately don't want the same name as 7 other little girls in her first grade class. At least the name we will probably go with :::sigh::: fits THAT bill.

Today I will finish 3 active knitting projects and then clean the heck out of my dh's house. I need to clear the boy's bedroom to be ready to move their bunks and such, since we are finally re-merging households together and they want space in their room that the single beds are stealing.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:27 AM   #3
mamamaggie
Registered Users
seller

Good morning!
Need, need, need to clean today. I kind of took the day off yesterday with DH gone and you can tell.

Jules- I love that bedding set for a boy or girl. I'm kind of anti "boy" themes like cars and tools. I don't do pink flowers either much. And I am really impressed that you are going to coordinate with your bed. We just have the same stuff on our bed we did at the last house. But we are renting so there isn't much to do.

AOTD- It makes all the difference to me. I am a total name snob. I can't stand when someone says "we aren't going for something super popular" and they choose something so close to the top ten. My friend just said this to me and she is going with Emme. Another friend just had an Olive. I say changing the end letter from an a to an e does not make it significantly less popular and therefore boring to me. I wouldn't even look at the top 100 and the top 500 is pushing it.There are so many names out there why would you choose something everyone else is too? But I am not into made up names either.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:49 AM   #4
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jules - how's DD feeling today? And I think that set is ADORABLE!!

A - Sounds like a fun time! Gosh, so wish I could help..... HAHA!!

AOTD - Nope. If I like it that much, I will use it. YDD has a popular name, and it doesn't bother me a bit.

Going through baby stuff today. I have some from the ectopic last year that I need to get rid of since it just makes me a little sad (that baby was due on my birthday in December). OTher than that, who knows! I don't feel too hot - prob fighting off whatever DH has....
Old 02-05-2011, 10:16 AM   #5
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:

A: Good luck on getting your projects done! I am thinking a trip to the fabric store is in order soon I need to stock up on projects for when DH is gone!

Maggie: I hear you I am all for unique names (barring out-there spelling and crazy made up names). I usually look outside the top 100 but since this is a family name I am thinking about using it.

Tara: DD is fine today I honestly think it was a case of the teachers wanting to go home early.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:06 AM   #6
mama21
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jules - I like the set also. I'm a big fan of the Amy Coe stuff in general. I also love Dwell Studio designs too.

Tara - hope you feel better.

AOTD: DH refuses to have a "common" or "normal" name. We didn't decide on DS's name until I was 34 wks and that was after he veto'd TONS of ones that I'd chosen and liked. I have one picked out for this one which I really like & am pretty attached to. It's not common and along the same lines as DS's so I hope he just goes for it.

Today: Swimming lessons this morning. Then I'd love to get to this yoga competition up at North Shore. But, I'd have to take DS with me since DH is out of town and not sure how he'd act. It's only an hr long so maybe he'd be okay.... It's right at noon which is his nap time. Hmmmmm..... I do need to get to Target and get groceries this afternoon too.

Bikram yoga lover and CD addict
mama21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:04 PM   #7
pieceofjess
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Jules - that bed set would be perfect for a little boy, methinks.

As for the popular name thing, my DS has an extremely popular name but I picked it out of a baby name book before I even knew it was in the top ten. It "fit" so we kept it. If we had seen it in the top ten first though, I don't think we would have gone with it.
With this one we are aiming for something more unique and not trendy at all, but nothing off the wall.

pieceofjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:49 PM   #8
Ames2x
Registered Users
Formerly: MackMommaMade
seller

My Mood:

Just wanted to let you all know I am having my first giveaway on my blog and would love if you all would check it out I am very excited. Just follow the link in my siggy! Thanks a bunch mamas and best wishes
Old 02-05-2011, 08:17 PM   #9
Salidwyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

AOTD: It depends on the name and just how popular it is. The top 50 are all out, even if it's something I like. The top 50-100 depend on how much I like that name and we do have a few picked out from there. Anything over top 100 is fair game for us. There's nothing wrong with having a more unusual name, just a lot of ones past the top 200 didn't really resonate much with me personally.

Today was a REALLY productive knitting day! I'm loving the Feb Shorties/Longies KAL over in the craft section and it's given me tons of motivation to get longies started and done and come up great time-wise since I just finished the hat I was working on for DH. The only thing I have left on the longies is grafting the gusset and knitting the second leg. I've done the waistband, body with short rows, leg splitting and one leg entirely in 4 days... O.o That's the quickest project I've had so far!

We interviewed our doula on Friday and I'm THRILLED with her! Her, DH and I spent 3 hours chatting with her in a Tim Horton's and had a blast. This was exactly what I've been missing and I feel a million and one times better for having met and hired her. DH seemed to get along with her REALLY well, though he did try and bring up home births with her to prove how crazy I am. I probably should have warned him ahead of time and pointed out that she was NOT the person to talk to to advocate against home births... she's had 3 of 5 of her kids at home and works with one of the home birth midwives in the area. He actually took it in stride pretty well though. Either way, yesterday was a GREAT day.

I hope everyone has a good weekend! Anyone else stuck doing superbowl stuff tomorrow?
Old 02-05-2011, 08:20 PM   #10
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

STUCK?? Whaddya mean STUCK???? LOL!!

Go Packs! HEHE!!!