Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2011, 07:36 PM   #1
firemommaof1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Can we talk clothes?!?

So what are you mamas wearing? Are you in maternity clothes all the time? Still in regular clothes? Do you fit in your regular clothes still?
Just curious what others are doing... So far I'm just now growing out of my regular clothes but I'm not 'big' enough for full blown maternity yet... I feel like I drown in the tops. I'm not comfortable in either regular or maternity so sweats it is I've decided to just buy my favorite silver brand jeans in a bigger size for now.
Anyway what are you mamas doing when you want to look cute? Like going out on a date or just looking nice out and about.

Advertisement

Kai Grayson Arrived June 3 2014
firemommaof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:52 PM   #2
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Re: Can we talk clothes?!?

see I don't understand mamas that get to wear regular clothes until their third trimester. Being super short, I have to break out the maternity clothes at like 8 weeks, seriously. All that to say, that its not that much better on this end either. Its hard not feeling dumpy when I go out and about but I just try and focus on the end of the journey. Get myself a fresh haircut or some new makeup if I need a little pick me up.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:52 PM   #3
Ashl3y
Registered Users
seller

I am definitely in maternity clothes full time. I'm HUGE. I've had about three people comment now on how they can't believe I'm due in May because I'm so big.
Ashl3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:53 PM   #4
Salidwyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm protesting maternity clothes. I bought a few belly bands off Ebay a few months ago and have been wearing those over unbuttoned jeans. There's one pair of jeans that I bought large at the Salvation Army a while back that I can still button but that's about it. I can zip up the rest of them about an inch or so (which just helps keep them up a little better since the belly bands don't) and that's been working actually really well so far.

For shirts, the belly bands help there too for the ones that are a little bit too short, and I'm happy to find that a lot of the ones I already owned were a little longer. Yay for short torsos! I've been trying to keep an eye out for longer shirts since length is a lot more problematic so far than width.

That's it so far! I've been trying to keep an eye out for cheaper maternity pants and longer shirts and I'm hoping that I might be able to get through the next few months with that. We'll see how well the belly cooperates with that.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:03 PM   #5
wileycolt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Full time maternity pants and sweats. I made some belly bands out of old t-shirts and have been using those to make my shirts more wearable. most pre-preggers clothes are to tight on my legs/thighs and in no way fit my belly. I actually have only low rise maternity pants and think I am going to have to switch to full panel soon... the others don't wanna stay up well and I get tired of pulling them up all day.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:29 AM   #6
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can still get away with regular pants, I just have to button them under the belly lol But shirts I have to do maternity now. Pretty impressive though that I made it this far. I was very much in maternity with my first 2 well before 20 weeks
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:42 AM   #7
mama21
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been in maternity pants since I was about 8-9 wks....not because of my belly so much as my hips suddenly stretched out a couple of inches. Now, I've about grown out of all of my "early" maternity pants which were hand-me-downs from my last pregnancy. I have some skirts and capris and a bunch of dresses all for work. I of course have maternity shorts too which I hope can get me through to May. I can still wear my old "gym" shorts and am barely fitting my regular yoga stretchy shorts/capris under my belly. But, my big old basketball belly totally needs maternity tops and has for a while now, plus I'm 5'9". Or just REALLY long shirts/tunics. I still fit into my old regular sweats on the rarity that I need to here. I also have a ton of maternity jeans from DS which would fit, but it's too warm to wear jeans here and I can't wear them to work.

Bikram yoga lover and CD addict
mama21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:41 AM   #8
Sam25!
Registered Users
seller

I can still wear my regular clothes, and I have a few maternity things that are actually fitting now.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:52 AM   #9
twolittlebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been in maternity clothes full time for months. I'm very short and always pop early. I wear a lot of the secret fit belly panel jeans and pants since they seem to flatter the bump so well.

I have a few Gap maternity dresses that I like for nicer occasions.

Last edited by twolittlebirds; 02-06-2011 at 05:54 AM.
twolittlebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:22 AM   #10
Mama4Ways
Registered Users

Im totally in regular clothes with no adjustments needed. I always carry super small, but this time it seems even worse. I am wearing a cotton lycra belly band just for comfort because of a hernia issue, but otherwise, its non-preg clothing entirely.