Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2011, 06:58 AM   #11
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Can we talk clothes?!?

I am as big as a Mack truck so I have been in full time maternity since like 12 weeks! I have mostly just bought tops in my normal size since I don't mind being belly-liscious!

Advertisement

Old 02-06-2011, 07:10 AM   #12
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maternity. I have some giant oversize tees that I wore pre-pregnancy to bed that I can still sorta wear, but again, those are for bedtime. LOL.

I guess I don't mind maternity - I think it's sooo much cuter than when I was preggo with ODD (14 years ago)!
Old 02-06-2011, 08:14 AM   #13
E.B.2672
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would be able to do my regular jeans but I am carrying it all in the belly and she is low, so I can't zip them up very well and I really do not like the belly bands. Again, because of how I am carrying, my shirts no longer cover the bump, so maternity shirts it is!
E.B.2672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:22 AM   #14
mamamaggie
Registered Users
seller

I have been full time maternity pants since about 14 weeks but still mostly wear non-maternity tops. I think the pants are so much more confortable than regular pants. I mean, by the time I have the baby I am sick of them, but when I first put them on I think "why don't I wear these all the time."
Old 02-06-2011, 09:02 AM   #15
SchatziB
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Way way in maternity clothes. I didnt even try to keep up the fight!

For going out and dates with DH I have a uniform of leggings, tight white or wine colored shirt and some sort of sweater, cardi or jacket on top. I bought two SILLY expensive pairs of boots this fall knowing that my outfits would be uninspired and wear them whenever I want to feel human again.
Having a fall baby last time was SO much nicer. Spring and summer maternity outfits are 10 times cuter then bulky layers on top of a bulky body.

Well here we go again!
SchatziB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:55 AM   #16
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

I've been in Maternity clothes full time for a few weeks now. I am almost 24 weeks.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:57 AM   #17
meganne79
Registered Users
seller

Oh my! I'm short-torsoed and have been in maternity clothes full time since at least 10 weeks. I carry big and all out front. I can't stand the feeling of clothes rolling up or down on my belly so I need shirts that cover well and pants that fit LOL. 98% of the time though I'm just in maternity yoga pants and tshirts as we don't go anywhere often!

RN/CNM Student/SAHM to Maggie 03-23-06,
Nora 04-06-09, and Ben 05-03-11
meganne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:16 AM   #18
jpsgirl
Registered Users
seller

I'm pretty much full time maternity. I can get away with wearing a couple of my longer pre-preggo shirts, but that is about it. With my 1st I was in maternity by 15 weeks, 2nd I could fit in them by 12 weeks but could wear a lot of my low rise pant and long shirts until the day I delivered. This one I was in them by about 9 weeks and there is no getting away with wearing any pre-preggo pants. I can still pull them all up, but can't zip, and definitely can't button. My 2nd I went to the hospital wearing a pair of pre-pregnancy jeans the day I had her. Usually I just wear jeans and a cute shirt. I've got a pair of dressier jeans that I wear for nicer occasions like going out to dinner. I hate buying maternity clothes because they are so darn expensive and I don't wear them long enough, so I have pretty much just been relying on hand me downs and a couple pieces I found at goodwill. I love my baby bump though and try to wear clothes that flatter it...makes me feel pretty great.
jpsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:22 AM   #19
saxychic247
CAUTION! Not responding to issues! File with paypal if waiting on items!

My Mood:

I can still get into my pre-pregnancy pants... but I can not sit down in them. If I'm standing up all day or walking or something, they're fine, but trying to sit down is another story entirely... I'm pretty tall, so I've been in maternity tops for awhile now, just because everything else is just looking too short on me or leaving the weird muffin-top-esque appearance of going right to the waist of my pants... I don't need that!!
saxychic247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:33 AM   #20
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

I wear yoga pants around the house all day, and those still fit okay. I do need maternity or really big shirts from DH to go w/ them though! FOr jeans I have needed maternity jeans since 10-12 weeks! I only wear them when I go into a store or out in public My hips spread about 2" a while back, and the mat. jeans I wore at the beg. of the PG are a bit tighter now. I have mainly 1pr that I wear whenever I go anywhere, and 1pr under the belly black pants incase I need something dressier.