Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2011, 08:42 AM   #1
lemurkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Brownie recipe

DH decided he wants a pan of gooey brownies for his birthday next week. I only have cake type brownie recipes so if someone has a gooey one they would be willing to share that would be great

Advertisement

Old 02-11-2011, 12:20 PM   #2
DracoDrake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Brownie recipe

Have you tried Tastespotting.com? I absolutely love that site & they have a search feature so you can type in brownie & get a gazillion results.
DracoDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:18 PM   #3
blackberry75
Registered Users

1/C unsalted butter
1C white sugar
2 eggs, room temp and beaten
1tsp vanilla extract
1/3C unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2C all purpose flour
1/4tsp salt
1/4tsp baking powder

Preheat oven to 350, grease and flour 8x8 baking pan.

Melt butter on low heat, add cocoa cook for 2m. Add sugar and remove from heat when it starts to dissolve. You want the sugar to be slightly granulated. Allow mix to cool for 5m. Temper eggs and add to mix. Add remaining ingredients, careful not to over mix. To much air makes these less fudge like and more cake like.

Pour in prepared pan and bake 25-30m. These will not look done when you pull them out, but will continue to cook from the residual heat. When completely cooled you should have a thin layer of slightly cakey brownie on top with an ooey, gooey, fudgy bottom. It's a touchy recipe, so I suggest practicing it a couple times before the big day (plus you can never have to many brownies).

To double this recipe, leave salt at 1/4tsp, only add 1 additional egg and only 1 1/2 to 1 2/3C sugar. Double everything else normally and it will fit in a 9x13 sized pan. Oh, these are supposed to be thin and don't puff up like cake brownies. The bottom fudge layer is very moist. The first couple times I made it, I thought it wasn't cooked long enough. It's just they way they are supposed to be. They are super rich and chocolaty, so a little goes a long way.

Last edited by blackberry75; 02-11-2011 at 02:25 PM.
blackberry75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:27 PM   #4
photocat
Registered Users

Ooh, this one.... Best Brownies EVER...I think it's a Nigella Lawson recipe and it's the only one I make now.

photocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:33 PM   #5
sbdf13
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackberry75 View Post
1/C unsalted butter
1C white sugar
2 eggs, room temp and beaten
1tsp vanilla extract
1/3C unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2C all purpose flour
1/4tsp salt
1/4tsp baking powder

Preheat oven to 350, grease and flour 8x8 baking pan.

Melt butter on low heat, add cocoa cook for 2m. Add sugar and remove from heat when it starts to dissolve. You want the sugar to be slightly granulated. Allow mix to cool for 5m. Temper eggs and add to mix. Add remaining ingredients, careful not to over mix. To much air makes these less fudge like and more cake like.

Pour in prepared pan and bake 25-30m. These will not look done when you pull them out, but will continue to cook from the residual heat. When completely cooled you should have a thin layer of slightly cakey brownie on top with an ooey, gooey, fudgy bottom. It's a touchy recipe, so I suggest practicing it a couple times before the big day (plus you can never have to many brownies).

To double this recipe, leave salt at 1/4tsp, only add 1 additional egg and only 1 1/2 to 1 2/3C sugar. Double everything else normally and it will fit in a 9x13 sized pan. Oh, these are supposed to be thin and don't puff up like cake brownies. The bottom fudge layer is very moist. The first couple times I made it, I thought it wasn't cooked long enough. It's just they way they are supposed to be. They are super rich and chocolaty, so a little goes a long way.
I made these but with oil not butter and added nuts they were delicious. I made them 3 times in less then 2 weeks just for DH and I
sbdf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #6
lemurkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies!!! My Hubby will be one happy man for his birthday now
Old 02-11-2011, 05:09 PM   #7
blackberry75
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdf13 View Post
I made these but with oil not butter and added nuts they were delicious. I made them 3 times in less then 2 weeks just for DH and I
They are , I love them. How did you cook the cocoa powder? Just heat the oil?
Old 02-11-2011, 06:57 PM   #8
Beaker
Registered Users
seller

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recip...rownies-recipe
Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:10 PM   #9
sbdf13
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackberry75 View Post
They are , I love them. How did you cook the cocoa powder? Just heat the oil?
I'm really lazy I mix everything in the pan its going to cook in. less clean up
this is the recipe I went off but its the same as yours just oil instead of butter http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/mmm-mm...es/Detail.aspx

Do you think they would come out better if I cooked the cocoa powder?
sbdf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:46 AM   #10
blackberry75
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdf13 View Post
I'm really lazy I mix everything in the pan its going to cook in. less clean up
this is the recipe I went off but its the same as yours just oil instead of butter http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/mmm-mm...es/Detail.aspx

Do you think they would come out better if I cooked the cocoa powder?
I don't know if they would or not. Not sure it makes a real difference, that's just how my Gram did it, so I just keep doing it. It never even occurred to me not to cook the cocoa. Def. mix everything in the same pan though-again didn't occur to me to put that in the directions. It makes clean up way easier.

I love my Gram, but baking was not her forte'. She always over cooked everything, so hers where a little brick like. Chewing threw them was worth the flavor though. My mom couldn't believe it was Gram's recipe because they weren't like a hard biscuit. Stove top cooking, now that's where my Gram could surpass Julia Child. I'd kill for her Corned Beef and cabbage. Haven't had anything like it in over a decade. Now I'm just rambling.