Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2011, 11:07 AM   #21
Baltic Creations
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Teething Necklace at Nighttime?

co ops are group sales but they require a minimum of 50 posts and 10 positive fb... to join you go to the control panel and in networking go to group memberships and apply for the co op participants group. You have to include your first and last name and phone number.

Advertisement

Old 02-07-2011, 11:34 AM   #22
sstarfish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Our whole family wears an amber necklace... 10 mon old (has worn one since he was about 4 months old), 2 yo, 4yo, DH and me. None of us take them off overnight... they are designed to break/come apart w/ enough pressure though.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:05 PM   #23
MommaToBubandCJ
Registered Users
seller

I don't leave it on the baby overnight, but that's just personal preference. I don't think it would be comfortable. I might have to check into the ones that are designed to break away, though, because we've got some serious teething going on here, and it's really messing with her sleep.
MommaToBubandCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:11 PM   #24
g&g
Registered Users

My Mood:

DD 1 has worn hers 24/7 since I got it. I think she was about 10-11 months? I don't really see how she is going to choke herself with it in her crib when it will break and every bead is knotted. Heck, I wear my husband's huge wedding ring (don't trust him to not lose this one in the sandbox, haha!) on a chain with my aviator wing pendant to bed.
Katy, outnumbered Marine wife/mom/geologist to a spunky Hoo, a sweet Pipes, with #3 due in Aug, and 2 crazy wiener dogs, Graben and Gabi.

g&g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:17 PM   #25
luvmybaby333
Registered Users
seller

My DD wore hers 24/7 for almost 2 years straight. We got it when she was 2-3 months old and we just took it off a week or two ago. I just recently took it off her because she was (after all that time) biting the beads and had cracked/ broken a couple. She was VERY upset about not wearing it anymore.

I never once had any type of choking scare with it-- at night or otherwise. The only time the necklace ever got removed was on a handful of occasions while we bathed her. We were concerned about the necklace being damaged by soap during her bath. But after a couple occasions of doing so and then forgetting to put it back on afterward (and only remembering due to our babies unusual crankiness the next day), we decided to just keep on on all the time.

I should add that we would never intentionally do anything to compromise our children's safety. I feel completely confident that the type of teething necklace we used is not something that would pose a choking risk at any time of day.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:48 PM   #26
scarlettrain
Registered Users
seller

I feel better knowing how easily they break apart, and DD's is definitely too short for it to get caught on something. I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels confident leaving them on at night- it's just that everyone (particularly overbearing grandma's) has an opinion and it shakes the confidence Ahh motherhood, always feeling judged
Old 02-07-2011, 01:00 PM   #27
Zappa
Registered Users
seller

I got one for my DS when he was 5 months old. At first I put it around his ankle at night and then one night I forgot and left it on and I've never looked back. Mine is from Baltic Creations and is designed to break under pressure.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:25 PM   #28
trulyprecious
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My first DS wore his 24/7 for about two years now however, he has recently started going to daycare a few times a month and I have to take it off of him before dropping him off (following their policy). So now I often forget to put it back on him for several days. I am usually only reminded to give it back to him because he will ask for it. I have always purchased him the appropriate size necklace so it is not too snug and not loose enough for him to put it in his mouth and bite on the beads. He has had at least four in 31 months.

We have never had a problem.

Last edited by trulyprecious; 02-07-2011 at 01:37 PM.
trulyprecious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #29
jessnye
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wouldn't leave it on any time baby's unsupervised- I bought one that was sold as having a clasp that was designed to break to prevent any strangulation risk and to test it, I closed it and pulled on it as hard as I could to make sure the clasp would open and it didn't. There's no way that would have opened if it ever got caught on something and it was putting tension on his airway, because I couldn't even make it open using all my strength. If you get a clasp that's advertized to open under tension, I'd definitely test it. But TBH, I just wouldn't leave it on unsupervised. The risk is in no way worth it to me.
jessnye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:23 PM   #30
thejuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We double our around my daughter's ankle. I was a little concerned last night when she was throwing a tantrum and pulling on it as hard as she could. Ours is supposed to break but even with her pulling on it, it didn't.
thejuel is offline   Reply With Quote