Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
irmieland
Registered Users

Prepping OsoCozy Inbleached Indian Prefolds

I don't have a washer or dryer so I've been trying to prep our prefolds the hard way.

I boiled them for 30 minutes with a squirt of dish washing liquid, rinsed wrung by hand and hung to dry.
I washed them in our table top, hand-cranked washer (Wonder Washer) with Charlie's soap, rinsed, wrung out by hand and hung to dry.
When they were dry, I tested by pouring 1/2 cup of water into them and they absorbed the water right away but they don't look quilted (does this matter?).
Just for fun I'm currently boiling them again for another 15 minutes, rinsing with cold water, wringing out and hanging to dry again.

The fact that they haven't quilted has me really confused. They've definitely shrunk at least 3/4 in. on each side but still look kinda flat but are definitely fluffier than when new.

Do you think I'm done? Maybe wringing them out by hand and hanging to dry gives different results than just putting in a dryer? Anyone have experience with this?

Advertisement

irmieland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:43 PM   #2
knotfabulous
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Prepping OsoCozy Inbleached Indian Prefolds

they are probably usable right now but they will get better with each washing. If they are fluffing up that's a good sign. Mine didn't ever get as "quilted" as my ATD ones did.
knotfabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:21 PM   #3
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

Re: Prepping OsoCozy Inbleached Indian Prefolds

Mine looked like that too when I first prepped them. The more you wash and dry them the more quilted they will get. But this kind still don't get as quilty looking as some other types of prefolds I've seen. They absorb great, though!
boekesec is offline   Reply With Quote