Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-19-2007, 12:33 AM   #1
Ilikecloth
Banned
seller

My Mood:
SLEEP KID!!SLEEP!!FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SLEEP!!

OMG, this kid is DRIVING ME NUTS!! Hes 7 months, night weaned himself around a month ago, sleeps in his crib in his & his sisters room( from birth he never slept good at all right next to me, he tossed and turned and nobody got any sleep, so we put him in his bed and it got better).

Now, he has mild reflux that was aggrivated by dairy/soy products and was diagnosed by a Pedi GI around 3 weeks ( I BF and FF), so I elimated dairy, and what little formula he does get is lactose free( by process of elimination this worked best for him) and it soon seemed as if he had "grown out of it". He was sleeping fine, and would normally wake once a night if at all up until a month ago, He stopped waking all together, for a few weeks it was HEAVEN! I slept thru the night for the first time in like 2 years(dd wanted to nurse every once in a blue moon @ night & co-slept until she saw DB sleeping in her room next to her bed, and wanted to be close to him )

ANYWAYS! long story wrap up, I dont think he's hungry, hes not cold/wet, he has his two bottom teeth, and I cant feel anymore trying to come in right now... HELP ME! Hes only sleeping like 4 hours at a time, He gets sleepy around 8pm, wakes @11pm, is WIDE awake and wants to Play for about 2 hours, then goes to sleep FIGHTING It the ENTIRE time, @ 1 am, sleeps till 5 am, is up for the morning till around 10:30 and sleeps till 12:30, Wakes till around 3pm and then goes to bed for about an hour, then gets up till around 8 pm where it all starts over...

WHAT IS GOING ON!!! IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TIRED!! Dh can not soothe him, DS just doesnt want any part of ANYONE else when its time to go to bed...

Advertisement

Ilikecloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:37 AM   #2
orteggleston
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: SLEEP KID!!SLEEP!!FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SLEEP!!

For us co-sleeping is the only way I can get enough rest through the night...perhaps this is just a phase and soon things will calm down again!

ISO: Luxe Baby Wool
orteggleston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:22 AM   #3
jsnichols1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mama,

Our DS's reflux came and went from time to time - maybe it's acting up again?

The other thing I thought of is that maybe he's getting his other 2 front teeth - usually those 4 all come pretty close together.

GL!
Sue
jsnichols1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:01 AM   #4
Mom2MaggieSue
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've got nothing for you, mostly because I'm sitting up playing pick up the binky with 5.5 month DD at 12:01 am. Oh blessed sleep, I miss thee
Old 03-19-2007, 04:18 AM   #5
hauser
Registered Users
seller

but I would so trade you! My 11 mo gets up every 1-2 hours!! For the last 7 months!!

I hope it gets better mama!!
Old 03-19-2007, 05:39 AM   #6
zonapellucida
Registered Users
seller

Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:

eeeeeekkkkkkkkk. I wish I could babysit for you so you could nap!!
Old 03-19-2007, 06:09 AM   #7
fosterisacoolcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It will change, it really will. It seems that right when you are at the end of your rope, right when you seriously concider just giving the kid away ( I joke here, no one pm me!) they go ahead and change the insane pattern they are in. It also works when theings are going good thoug - right when you think things are great, bam! I think this happens till they go off to school. I cant wait till mine are teenagers and sleep all morning. I have not slept past 6am in a long long time. Good luck
fosterisacoolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 06:24 AM   #8
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I could have written your post about my 6mo right down to the 2 teeth and wake up times. I AM SO TIRED!! I hope it gets better soon. Last night dh said something about when to have another, and I laughed! ALthough, if she doesn't start sleeping soon, then it wouldn't matter if I had a newborn who didn't sleep either.
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 06:47 AM   #9
Ilikecloth
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Well Today he woke up with a runny nose, I attribute this to allergies, as I have one every morning when the weather is flip floppy like it is here, One day is 70 next its 37

BUT he was acting VERY sleepy and cranky, so I think hes probably got a cold coming on... Anyone have any natural remedies to help soothe a teether? I use Hylands and this stuff called Peace Treaty, its a liquid herb with Chamomile, Cat nip, and some other stuff, seems to help some....I just hate to dose him with Tylenol thru the day, although I know sometimes thats all that will help if he is indeed cuttingthose top two..
Ilikecloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:27 AM   #10
jenneonthespot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I found my youngest DS likes to suck on a wet cloth wipe (water only). I will even put it in the freezer if I think of it; it really seems to help soothe him. I am not sure if this is what you meant in your post, but I saw someone mention awhile back that allowing them to suck on a chamomile tea bag (non-caf, I'm sure...) helped, too. Mine is cutting his top front 4!! I feel your pain. I was up lots last night too.
I hate when you put them down, and fall into that lovely dreamy state, only to be ripped from peacefull, lovely sleep by a blood-curling baby howl. I just stayed up between his waking hours last night, and was glad I did. I would much rather be sleepy the next day then torn from quality sleep time and again...

jenneonthespot is offline   Reply With Quote